Which credit card issuer do you guys use?

me_punctured

Reaction score
Recently my girlfriends and I have been discussing about credit card issuers.
We have compared notes, weighing the pros and cons of each brand, and have reached a conclusion that it depends on the consumer's needs.

I'm curious. What brand of credit card do you guys use? And why?

Master Card, I can use it anywhere and at anytime. I only have two Master Cards and that's all I ever wanted. ;)

I gonna say what card iam using in front of this internet.... This is a stupid topic to brought up. U must know why.is that.. (Idenfity thief) wake up ur azz

Moondancer said:
I gonna say what card iam using in front of this internet.... This is a stupid topic to brought up. U must know why.is that.. (Idenfity thief) wake up ur azz

Don't be asinine. Saying what BRAND of credit card you use won't be of any use to an identity thief OY!!! :ugh2:

I have a fixed percentage Mastercard.

I don't use credit card. I avoid it at all cost for good. I go with check card issued by my bank so on my check card it is Visa. I also have check card by PayPal and it is MasterCard.

Boult said:
I don't use credit card. I avoid it at all cost for good. I go with check card issued by my bank so on my check card it is Visa. I also have check card by PayPal and it is MasterCard.

I use a card issued by a credit union with an excellent reputation. I have a low APY, but I never use my card unless I must.

Except sometimes that sandwich in the window looks too good to resist and of all things, I left my cash at the office! Yes, it's a need. ;)

Last edited:
I use Visa and Mastercard. I also used to have American Express until it was unknowingly cancelled. :roll:

I haven't had any problems with my current credit cards.

For you, I would suggest you work on the benefits, rates, fees, APR, etc. They do have different credit cards for people who travel a lot, students, employees, organizations, etc.

I don't like American Express, because whatever amount you charge on that card you have to pay the whole thing off when you get a statement. I used to have that type of credit card, I no longer have it anymore.

I got none. My bf have a several. I would need to get one for emegerncy and other one for travel only (IE for rental car, hotel, food etc), probably not right now..maybe in a year or so.

Doesn't have owner of credit card yet!

*scared to become owner of Credit card* it will eat your money percent of rate cost and making you slave payments!

dont have one cuz i am too scared as i dont want it to eat my money and be broke.. ?? one of my good friend went bankruptcy cuz he couldnt afford to pay credit cards.. Yikes!

my mom have one.. only one.. she said its better to only have one .. use it for emergency .. but if u charge something on it.. ONLY one at a time.. PAY IT OFF first.. then next u can charge again for something.. but never 2 or 4 or 8 things at one time.. can lead to bankrupcty. i think its good idea..

i only have checkcard.. and it is Visa. good enough.. :)

I have one Mastercard. I would advise that you get a separate card as if you read the fine print stuff, if you use due care and inform the issuer of the card if/that it was stolen then at the most you are responsible for is $50.00. Some companies will wiave this. On the other hand if a debit card or funds go out from your bank, too bad it is gone. Read the agreements that come with the cards.

I do have credit card, the credit card brand name is Visa. I have no problem with credit card since 1994. Important you have to watch credit card statement or look at banking online so they will show you how much you owe.

But I had expereince with fraud but I quickly call the credit card service and tell them I had fraud last month, so I did ask for change the number of credit card.

Also I did use credit card use by paypal. Seems I haven't a problem with that so far.

They said I am an excellent reputation.

I never have credit card. For emergency I can take some money from my few investments. :whistle: As long as I put alot of money every month! I work and earn alot of money. I don't need credit card ever!

I dont have one, my mum wont let me, but she said wait til OSAP is smooth then maybe get credit card. who knows.. :dunno:

Cheri said:
I don't like American Express, because whatever amount you charge on that card you have to pay the whole thing off when you get a statement. I used to have that type of credit card, I no longer have it anymore.
Eh? The whole thing? I never had that problem. They usually charged me based on how often I paid my bills and how much I had on the card. If I only had like $100 or $100 on it, they would expect me to pay $20. If I had like $1,000 or $1,200 on it, they would expect me to pay $40 or $50.

I don't have any credit card but I bought my new computer with my sister's husband's credit card which is a visa .

Back