Where's Your Favorite Place to Be & Live?

I prefer small town in the rural area. Won't get to go back. I also like the beaches. When living in Missouri, I liked the Fingers Lake area, but no living there. I'll stay where I am since the airport noise doesn't faze me one iota.

Upstate New York. The Finger Lakes area, specifically. Small towns, but close enough to larger cities. White winters, but not unbearably cold. Hills and lakes all together. And that delicious Amish food.

I've lived in about 10 states or so, but that was my favorite. I may be looking through rose colored goggles, but that's where I'd like to retire.

Although the Dallas metroplex is growing on me.

Yes, Upstate New York is beautiful....visisted there some years ago, and would love to go back.

My favorite place to be and live is where I am now,in the VA piedmont.

The scenery is beautiful,the crime rate is moderate,and the people are quite friendly and compassionate.

For example,in the mid 2000's,we had the remnants of a hurricane sweep through the region. The fire stations,schools,and some hotels,allowed locals
access to shower facilities. (Bring your own soap and towels,however.) Try that in Miami! (Where I used to live.)

What I disliked about Miami was the ethnic conflict. (Won't go into it now;PM
me if you want details.) Also,as a triracial American,I hated the constant ?
(in Miami) , "Where are you from?".

Here in VA,many of my mother's relatives are nearby.

Genealogy is one of my hobbies. I have AA ancestors who have been in VA since the 1800's,EA ancestors who probably came in the late 1600s or 1700's,and NA ancestors whose nation(s) have been in VA for many generations. I feel very rooted here;living on the "old sod" so to speak.

Yes,I really love VA!

My favorite place to be and live is where I am now,in the VA piedmont.

The scenery is beautiful,the crime rate is moderate,and the people are quite friendly and compassionate.

For example,in the mid 2000's,we had the remnants of a hurricane sweep through the region. The fire stations,schools,and some hotels,allowed locals
access to shower facilities. (Bring your own soap and towels,however.) Try that in Miami! (Where I used to live.)

What I disliked about Miami was the ethnic conflict. (Won't go into it now;PM
me if you want details.) Also,as a triracial American,I hated the constant ?
(in Miami) , "Where are you from?".

Here in VA,many of my mother's relatives are nearby.

Genealogy is one of my hobbies. I have AA ancestors who have been in VA since the 1800's,EA ancestors who probably came in the late 1600s or 1700's,and NA ancestors whose nation(s) have been in VA for many generations. I feel very rooted here;living on the "old sod" so to speak.

Yes,I really love VA!

Yes, Virginia is nice too. Lived in Newport News & Virginia Beach at one time. Got lost in Portsmouth and thought I'd never get out of that city.....Didn't like the snow, tho'! But, otherwise, the saying goes...."Virginia is for Lovers.".....

Yes, Virginia is nice too. Lived in Newport News & Virginia Beach at one time. Got lost in Portsmouth and thought I'd never get out of that city.....Didn't like the snow, tho'! But, otherwise, the saying goes...."Virginia is for Lovers.".....

"Pennsylvania has Intercourse" :aw:

but no one wants to visit Virginville :aw:

Anywhere east of the Cascades mountain nearby. You'd have the mountains and forest but drier and sunnier on that side.

I love where I am right now. Besides from Munich I'd definitely live in New Zealand. Some old villages in Italy are beautiful, too.

Nope...

EDIT: I just know ppl pee on beaches, do drugs and have sex on beaches as well.

Always been a dream to live in mountain city. I do like rural small town live where I've lived all my life...not bad traffic and no crimes. (dangerous crimes)

You should see what I have done in the mountains. :)

Mountain and coast, that what Laguna Beach stands for. :D

I like living in small city at mountain area... away from big city by like 20-30 min. not sure what area fits that description but I'm guessing (PA) Lancaster or Allentown fits. or.... Vancouver?

I'm not a water person so beach/ocean is not important to me.

Vancouver does not fit that description. The city itself has about 600 thousand people and the entire metro area has over 2 million. A large portion of those living in the metros travel back and forth to Vancouver daily - its a long insanely busy commute IMO. :shock: You'd probably find what you would be looking for (hypothetically speaking) further inland towards the Rockies.

I have lived here in California my whole life. I will never leave. I love the weather and the people. Even if I won the LOTTO I would stay right where I am in the house my kids were raised.

I live in the SLC valley here and love it here. The mountains are in my backyard, and there are many national parks here. It's easy to go hiking anytime. But I am originally from New Jersey and lived about 15 minutes from the big ocean. I think each place has their own endearing qualities and characteristics that makes them so darn special. I also love traveling and seeing new places. A lot of memorable places seemed to involve mountains and the ocean for me. The Lofoten Islands in Norway is way up high on my all time favourites.

Love to view of most snow on mountains.

Most places are my favorites are Beaver Creek and Valis in Colorado where I can see the heavy snows are. Valis is most beautiful ski area that I was enjoy to see but too lousy with ski. LOL.

Very nice!! I have lived in Miami, FL (Perine) when I was engaged to someone else at the time. Beautiful down there but jobs...tough there to find one due to many Hispanics coming over and they choose those group of people than the Americans as I was told and seen it happens. That is one of two main reasons why we broke up. Love the Art Deco.. go to Miami Beach ok?? FOR A VISIT. Not to live there.

I have been to Sanibel Island. Beautiful there! Really WHITE beach. They are made of shells that are broken down. I got alot of shells and brought them home. Mostly Abalona (sp) shells found there. Bigger shells you have to take a dive. My aunt who lived there at the time told me. She went on dives and got big ones for herself. Ft Myers, Bradenton, Daytona, West Palm Beach, St. Augustine are all the Florida beaches I went to. I also went to DC, Va Beach, Atlantic City, Pelhem Beach in NY (Bronx) where I was engaged to another woman who lived there about 20 years ago or so. I have been to rivers around the state of NY and northern PA. I also went to 1000s Islands, Oswego and Pulaski/Rainbow Shores--both on Lake Ontario, Oneida Lake (Syliva Beach), and places in Central America!!! Muchas bella en Centroamerica. Playa Sameria, Playa Jaco, Playa Limon,--all in Costa Rica, Playa and the Canal in Panama City including Mira Flores (Panama Canal lock). A river in Orotina, Costa Rica.

I love beaches yes but I also love the lakes, mountains and tropical islands. I love the Adirondacks, Finger Lakes, Catskill areas. I also been to many other places. Even in Canada about an hour north of Ottawa to camp. It was cool in early August up there. They don't get that hot up there. Beautiful thick forest, lake, log cabin...

Much more quiet there than the Adirondacks. Our camp was an hour away from any population!

I also been in Tug Hill area for snowmobiling. Boonville, Lowville, Parish, etc.

Someone mentioned that she wants to come back, you are welcome to come for a visit and we can be your tour guide!

Now, as for weird names someone mentioned on here.. Yeah, Intercourse, PA, Blue Ball, PA, and more. There are more but I forgot.

I have been to all over Central America not just beaches. All 7 countries including Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Belize. I love the thick forests there. Cloud forests, Rain forests.. the Banana farms in Limon (like 5 miles long!)

To live someday and perhaps soon to avoid that stupid Obamacare, Perhaps Costa Rica or Panama an ideal location to live.

Very nice!! I have lived in Miami, FL (Perine) when I was engaged to someone else at the time. Beautiful down there but jobs...tough there to find one due to many Hispanics coming over and they choose those group of people than the Americans as I was told and seen it happens. That is one of two main reasons why we broke up. Love the Art Deco.. go to Miami Beach ok?? FOR A VISIT. Not to live there.

I have been to Sanibel Island. Beautiful there! Really WHITE beach. They are made of shells that are broken down. I got alot of shells and brought them home. Mostly Abalona (sp) shells found there. Bigger shells you have to take a dive. My aunt who lived there at the time told me. She went on dives and got big ones for herself. Ft Myers, Bradenton, Daytona, West Palm Beach, St. Augustine are all the Florida beaches I went to. I also went to DC, Va Beach, Atlantic City, Pelhem Beach in NY (Bronx) where I was engaged to another woman who lived there about 20 years ago or so. I have been to rivers around the state of NY and northern PA. I also went to 1000s Islands, Oswego and Pulaski/Rainbow Shores--both on Lake Ontario, Oneida Lake (Syliva Beach), and places in Central America!!! Muchas bella en Centroamerica. Playa Sameria, Playa Jaco, Playa Limon,--all in Costa Rica, Playa and the Canal in Panama City including Mira Flores (Panama Canal lock). A river in Orotina, Costa Rica.

I love beaches yes but I also love the lakes, mountains and tropical islands. I love the Adirondacks, Finger Lakes, Catskill areas. I also been to many other places. Even in Canada about an hour north of Ottawa to camp. It was cool in early August up there. They don't get that hot up there. Beautiful thick forest, lake, log cabin...

Much more quiet there than the Adirondacks. Our camp was an hour away from any population!

I also been in Tug Hill area for snowmobiling. Boonville, Lowville, Parish, etc.

Someone mentioned that she wants to come back, you are welcome to come for a visit and we can be your tour guide!

Now, as for weird names someone mentioned on here.. Yeah, Intercourse, PA, Blue Ball, PA, and more. There are more but I forgot.

I have been to all over Central America not just beaches. All 7 countries including Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Honduras, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Belize. I love the thick forests there. Cloud forests, Rain forests.. the Banana farms in Limon (like 5 miles long!)

To live someday and perhaps soon to avoid that stupid Obamacare, Perhaps Costa Rica or Panama an ideal location to live.

My guy lives in Miami :)

i grew up in Philadelphia, so that's my favorite place to live as far as a permanent home goes.
my ultimate home is traveling with a carnival, though. i was a carney for 5 years, i traveled all over the east coast, southern, and midwest US, and that's where i feel like home really is. i'm off the road now, i live in Tucson, and i just feel like it isn't home. i belong on the road and i miss it :(

i grew up in Philadelphia, so that's my favorite place to live as far as a permanent home goes.
my ultimate home is traveling with a carnival, though. i was a carney for 5 years, i traveled all over the east coast, southern, and midwest US, and that's where i feel like home really is. i'm off the road now, i live in Tucson, and i just feel like it isn't home. i belong on the road and i miss it :(

That's pretty cool! Bet you have lots of stories to tell!

Back