Where's Your Favorite Place to Be & Live?

That's pretty cool! Bet you have lots of stories to tell!

i got a million of em :D
i just started writing an outline for a book on my experiences and stories and everything.

really? where?
i haven't had a chance to explore this site fully, yet - i just joined yesterday ^_^

Well, carnival stories probably can be posted in Kristina's garage conversion thread. :giggle: Just kidding. I'm sure Kristina feels like she's in a carnival at times.

Dang, this thread makes me nostalgic; I need to get out more often as I miss Nature. I remember, as of about 10 years ago, under still conditions I could hear the soughing of the pine trees. Now I wonder if I still can.......

Well, carnival stories probably can be posted in Kristina's garage conversion thread. :giggle: Just kidding. I'm sure Kristina feels like she's in a carnival at times.

Thanks a lot!!! Just kidding. It does sound like a crazy carnival in that thread, doesn't it?

Grew up on the Gulf Coast of Texas. Just recently moved to Minneapolis suburbs.

I'm kind of torn on if I miss it and what I like best.

In Texas, it's very rugged and a bit more primitive and it's a different kind of pretty. Plus living 4 minutes away from the beach is amazing.

Here in MN, the snow is beautiful and everything here is just so green. The fact that it's not going to be 110 with no rain in 6 months is going to make this summer interesting and new to me.

Well, my best favorite place is in Seattle/Mt. Rainier...it's like a heaven to me but I am still dying to yet touch Olympic National Park in WA state and Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

Dang, this thread makes me nostalgic; I need to get out more often as I miss Nature. I remember, as of about 10 years ago, under still conditions I could hear the soughing of the pine trees. Now I wonder if I still can.......

Doubt it!....:giggle:...you're probably stone deaf...it's all in ur head, Tousi!

Well, my best favorite place is in Seattle/Mt. Rainier...it's like a heaven to me but I am still dying to yet touch Olympic National Park in WA state and Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

Mmm, yes. In 2000 my husband, I, our seven children, and our dog went on camping trip in the Olympic Peninsula. We tent camped all along the way. It was gorgeous, and lots of fun.
My only regret is that our youngest was only two and he doesn't really remember it.

Mmm, yes. In 2000 my husband, I, our seven children, and our dog went on camping trip in the Olympic Peninsula. We tent camped all along the way. It was gorgeous, and lots of fun.
My only regret is that our youngest was only two and he doesn't really remember it.

We visited Canon Beach, Oregon, the coastal towns along the way up to Washington, and even the Olympic Peninsula (Hurricane Ridge). Camped by the lake at Lake Chelan.

We visited Canon Beach, Oregon, the coastal towns along the way up to Washington, and even the Olympic Peninsula (Hurricane Ridge). Camped by the lake at Lake Chelan.

We were coming from the other side. We lived in the Puget Sound area, took the ferry across to Port Townsend, and then drove down the peninsula and back up the other side. We did Hurricane Ridge. We saw so much that I don't remember the sequential details any more. We went through Sequim, we spent a day at Ruby Beach, we went to the Rain Forest and an Indian museum at the Makah reservation I think. Most of the kids and the husband went to Cape Flattery, but it's not very handicapped accessible nor are dogs allowed, so I stayed at a nearby park with our disable child and the mutt.

We have lived a lot of places and visited more, and O.P. is the most beautiful we ever saw.

I like being near the ocean. I don't like being landlocked.

Agreed I've been stuck in AZ for the past year, I miss Southern Cal, but I hated those earthquakes!!, looks like Oregon or Washington next for me, no earthquakes, tornadoes, hurricanes, or floods!

We were coming from the other side. We lived in the Puget Sound area, took the ferry across to Port Townsend, and then drove down the peninsula and back up the other side. We did Hurricane Ridge. We saw so much that I don't remember the sequential details any more. We went through Sequim, we spent a day at Ruby Beach, we went to the Rain Forest and an Indian museum at the Makah reservation I think. Most of the kids and the husband went to Cape Flattery, but it's not very handicapped accessible nor are dogs allowed, so I stayed at a nearby park with our disable child and the mutt.

We have lived a lot of places and visited more, and O.P. is the most beautiful we ever saw.

We plan to visit the Olympic Peninsula again. More boating in the Puget Sound with my FIL. But I prefer the drier side of Washington and Oregon east of the Cascades mtn.

Back