When you'r blue?

Teppo

Reaction score
What would you do when you are depressed?

Take a walk, no matter the weather....call up friends, new & old....cook up a new recipe.....

Get out of the house! That is priority #1. The more you stay inside and sit around moping, the worse it becomes.

Definitely listening to my favorite music :D It always lifts my spirit!!!

A lot of the stuff that used to work whenever I was in a funk isnt helping anymore..I am going through a very difficult time so I am trying to work through this depression by keepinng myself busy but it gets hard sometimes. It can be really crushing but I am hanging in there.

I go through stress induced depression every so often. I just mainly, stay quiet when I can and read. Can't listen to music anymore, but I will put in a VHS or DVD of some concert or music production we have and have my memories of the music.

Also, I have a video tape of Christmas lights and snow scenes. Sometimes that helps. I do tend to tell my troubles to a teddy bear, but it's embarrassing to mention that too often.

I start a new or finish craft/quilt projects I started. so there is something I could be proud of. been duper super busy that I hardly feel blue so I still have a lot of projects sitting out there...:P

or swim in pool/coves. let go my hair, dive in and swim to the deepest where no one can see me, twist around freely. it feels like I'm flying.

EAT! haha. But I have metabolism still so its okay.

I usually will play with my puppies if there is no food in the house. Making them happy always seems to help me out.

And sometimes I will make my bf take me out so I can feel better.

I usually go some place I can be alone and cry to get it out of my system. As soon as the water works end I feel much better. It's like I actually cried out whichever sadness I had :]

I've been thru some very trying and damming times in my life.....even took meds for chronic depression/suicidial thoughts/hospitalization.....Then the realization that I was not the only one who was like this.....I started going out more....being around people....achieving something everyday, no matter what it was....I stopped taking meds many years ago, and feel good about myself.

If it's in the fall or winter, I get a lightbox, get some sunshine, Then work out and practice Tai Chi or Kenpo until I'm too sore or too tired to be anything else.

I've been thru some very trying and damming times in my life.....even took meds for chronic depression/suicidial thoughts/hospitalization.....Then the realization that I was not the only one who was like this.....I started going out more....being around people....achieving something everyday, no matter what it was....I stopped taking meds many years ago, and feel good about myself.

could you be, like me, BiPolar? I am glad I did not listen to my drs. and start taking meds. I just learn to live with it but, like you, went through the suicidial thoughts often. Perhaps KristinaB is one of us too.

I excersise by cranking the music up and practicing bellydance techniques til I can't any more.

I feel better afterwards, and get a good workout in the process.

Today I'm feeling a little blue cuz i got bad news from my doctor, so I'm cooking a healthy dinner to make myself feel better.

could you be, like me, BiPolar? I am glad I did not listen to my drs. and start taking meds. I just learn to live with it but, like you, went through the suicidial thoughts often. Perhaps KristinaB is one of us too.

I'm thinking I am BiPolar and will be checking with the doctor when I next go. I have lots of ups and downs and all. Most of the questionnaires that I have seen with the symptoms, I meet most but not all. There might be 1 or 2 that I don't meet.

Back