When you turned 21, what did you do and/or think?

And for the things I'd like to do? Not enough money.

If i was there i could do number 3 for you. The other two my back says its a big no no at least for now.

I like bowling but even if im out now my back still needs more time to heal completely. And ive mever used roller skates.

When I turned 21 My uncle threw a birthday bash at his house, he had a game room ( pool table, darts, soda machine, wet bar...ect...) Had alot of fun with family and friends although I dont and never did drink.

When I turned 21 My uncle threw a birthday bash at his house, he had a game room ( pool table, darts, soda machine, wet bar...ect...) Had alot of fun with family and friends although I dont and never did drink.

Sounds like a ool party!!wooo!!!!

Oh. The reason why I said I would've gone with the third one was because it's the cheapest activity. Bowling and Roller Skating don't exactly come cheap.

I don't believe I said every year. On the years that Thanksgiving and my birthday coincided , I was not happy to be hosting a Thankgiving celebration...

I can picture it now saying what you're thankful for as total sarcasm.

"I'm thankful for this meal that was so thoughtfully prepared by the family in honour of thanksgiving and my birthday, thanks guys!"

I don't celebrate holidays or even observe my birthday, it just feels really pointless to me.

I used to observe my birthday when I was younger, but the last several years have been lonely years with no activities and no celebration, and I doubt I'll have one this year, either. Despite my liking my life, I yearn to celebrate my special day with someone again. Just don't know when or where that'll happen.

Oh how I miss Old Country Buffet! I used to go there! Great food! There's Golden Corral but I prefer Old Country Buffet.

My family took me out at midnight and we all had a drink. The next day I went out with my older sister and her friends. It was fun. My life was so different then...I didn't even know I was HOH and I had a completely different friend group...6 years later, I'm HOH, out of college, working, will be going to graduate school next year, and have the greatest group of friends (I didn't know people had friends like these)...I also have a badass bloodhound at home

sorry about it.

During the Deaf awareness week, It was at the 6 flags in new jersey. There were large number of Deaf people who stays there for camping sites. I bumped into my high school buddies who happened to be there that I havent seen them for a while because i was a student in washington dc. So my old buddies bought me ton of beer cans and everyone shares. We all were hanging out in front of the huge fire places, and junk foods there. It was worth it for me to see my old buddies from high school to share the celebration. :D Of course new Deaf buddies from my college who were there. It was awesome.

p.s. This person who was my old buddy and paid me for ton of beer cans who passed away years ago of the cancer in late 20's. :(

Last edited:
My birthday is Sept so I was in college when I was 21. I went to college in a big drinking/hunting town of about 27 thousand people. I went there thinking I would major in something but did not. I've never been into parties and had no interested in bars - disliked the crowding and the smoking - that was the biggest problem. Smoking was allowed in bars then. I don't like alcohol <or soda, don't like carbonation> so I didn't do any of classic "21st birthday" things.
I honestly don't even recall what I did, probably spent time with my boyfriend <now husband> and got stuff in the mail from my folks. I remember thinking that the whole going out and getting drunk thing was dumb.

I don't recall doing anything special. The drinking age at that time was 18, and the voting age had just turned to 18 after the last election, so it wasn't any kind of a milestone occasion to me.

I was in labor with my son, never did the bar scene. Not a drinker.

Also I was born on Labor Day.

I can picture it now saying what you're thankful for as total sarcasm.

"I'm thankful for this meal that was so thoughtfully prepared by the family in honour of thanksgiving and my birthday, thanks guys!"

I don't celebrate holidays or even observe my birthday, it just feels really pointless to me.

:) I tried to be polite and not let it show.

Part of the whole thing was, we were very poor, so any birthday money I got always went to Thanksgiving as I didn't want my kids to be deprived, so really my birthday kind of didn't exist in young adulthood, and I had my first child at 21, so I gave up birthdays early.

Things are much better now.

That was a bummer Bottesini :( but at least you got to have a lot of family around on your birthday :) did you do birthday cake or pie? I like pie more than cake anyway. Maybe that's just me?

That was a bummer Bottesini :( but at least you got to have a lot of family around on your birthday :) did you do birthday cake or pie? I like pie more than cake anyway. Maybe that's just me?

We did have a cake, and a pie. :)

Still do for that matter. This year my husband make and amazing chocolate peppermint cake, with crushed peppermint topping.

Back