when you get fresh batteries for your hearing aids or cochlear implant...

martyns

Reaction score
how many do you get at the same time?

usually a pack of number 13 batteries for my hearing aids, a pack contains 6 batteries

I buy a big cardboard sheet with each battery in a blister pack from Sam's Club. I think there are 24.

I buy a big cardboard sheet with each battery in a blister pack from Sam's Club. I think there are 24.

Botti, with that many batteries, I hope yours have....I have forgotten the proper name for it...those colored tabs that are stuck on the bottoms of these batteries. If yours have that tab, then I'm sure you know what their function is....

Botti, with that many batteries, I hope yours have....I have forgotten the proper name for it...those colored tabs that are stuck on the bottoms of these batteries. If yours have that tab, then I'm sure you know what their function is....

Yes they do have them, but my husband uses them too, so it is not as many as it seems.

Yes they do have them, but my husband uses them too, so it is not as many as it seems.

Yeah, but since they do have those tabs, you could probably have 48 laying around with no problem....my batteries typically last about 10 days...

Yeah, but since they do have those tabs, you could probably have 48 laying around with no problem....my batteries typically last about 10 days...

I was thinking more like a week, but for 2 people using 2 batteries every 10 days, 24 should be a three month supply.

I go to Sam's every 2 weeks.

Plus I make extensive lists and have days allotted for the purchase of specific items.

This is all irrelevant, I realize, but you brought it up.:Oops:

I buy an box pack with 60 CI batteries..I hope I can go to rechargeables soon...

I was thinking more like a week, but for 2 people using 2 batteries every 10 days, 24 should be a three month supply.

I go to Sam's every 2 weeks.

Plus I make extensive lists and have days allotted for the purchase of specific items.

This is all irrelevant, I realize, but you brought it up.:Oops:

No, no, Botti; I realize your personal relevancy as regards this....just saying those tabs are a neat feature.

No, no, Botti; I realize your personal relevancy as regards this....just saying those tabs are a neat feature.

Ah, yes that is true. I missed the point of your post.

Since mine come with my hearing aid (I get free batteries for three years) I just get one pack of six from my audi at a time. He is just around the corner from where I work, so it is easy.

Well, if I go to the audiologist I usually get 5 packs of 6. But I never did like their brands as it only last maybe 4-5 days. Using 2 batteries every 4-5 days those batter last me 3 months.

But after that I get the 24 pack of Walgreen brand batteries and they last me 7-8 days. I only pay $16 for the 24 pack at Walgreen so it's actually not a bad price!

I get box of 10 x 6 (60) cochlear batteries, I am still on my first box and it's already gone a month, plenty left. They are powerone implant plus. I also use rayovac (plus crystal clear) for my HA, one battery lasts a week. I have about 2 packs of 6 left, when this runs out I will use the CI battery as there's no point getting them from 2 places. I only need to email my CI Audi when i get low on CI batteries they'll send it out.

I bought 6 boxes of 60 batteries (zenipower a13) for $100.70 CAD January last year at http://www.microbattery.com
saved me soooooo much money!!
I have batteries everywhere now, I never have to worry about not having a battery and trying to hunt down a corner store that sells em :D
Oh and if you're not sure what brand to get; they have trial test packs with all brands http://shopping.microbattery.com/s.nl/sc.2/category.583/.f
(They sell Cochlear batts too)

Last edited:
what is the difference between a cochlear battery and an ha battery will they both work for each product i.e. ha battery for a ci and a ci battery for an ha? (obvs not the rechargeables-i know:))

OH and I buy a pack of 6 at a time one battery lasts me about 8-10 days depending on use:)

I have used the CI battery in my aids... no difference but noticably lasts longer... Haven't tried the normal battery in my CI, I guess it will drink them dry quicker. Hope someone has answer for this.

what brand name for HA/CI batteries?

my mistake not on this topic
(moderator, please remove this link)
i was going to make my own thread.

675 CI batteries tend to have more power than 675 HA batteries because CIs require more "oomph" to function than HAs do. It is generally recommended that CI recipients use 675 batteries specifically designed for CIs because they last longer than standard 675 HA batteries.

As for the battery question, I buy 300 batteries at a time.

I usually just buy 1 pack (which usually has 4 batteries)... sometimes it's a 2-pack (4 per pack) cause it's a free bonus.. but I only wear 1 hearing aid, and 1 battery lasts me about 2 weeks so 1 pack lasts me about 8 weeks.

Back