when you get fresh batteries for your hearing aids or cochlear implant...

I was thinking more like a week, but for 2 people using 2 batteries every 10 days, 24 should be a three month supply.

I go to Sam's every 2 weeks.

Plus I make extensive lists and have days allotted for the purchase of specific items.

My wife's aid uses the 675 zinc air battery. I purchase them in bulk 40 or 60 cells at a time. I try not to pay more than $0.30 per cell, including shipping. She also gets about 7 to 10 days per cell. She wears a high power analog hearing aid. The best brands for the price for her are the icell and toshiba brands.

The zeni power from China was the pits. She got about 3 days per cell.:mad:

Sam

I use Advanced Bionics CIs and they have their our recharageble batteries. I have 8 batteries - 4 12 hours and 4 24 hours. It has it own recharageble unit. So far I have had the batteries for 14 months. I am going to buy 2 more 12 hours for 150 a piece, but insurance will pay for 80% of the cost. So I think 2 batteries a year for me.

When I had hearing aids, I usually purchased my batteries from Walgreens. Just a pack of 8 around every two weeks.

I use Advanced Bionics CIs and they have their our recharageble batteries. I have 8 batteries - 4 12 hours and 4 24 hours. It has it own recharageble unit. So far I have had the batteries for 14 months. I am going to buy 2 more 12 hours for 150 a piece, but insurance will pay for 80% of the cost. So I think 2 batteries a year for me.

When I had hearing aids, I usually purchased my batteries from Walgreens. Just a pack of 8 around every two weeks.

Since you said that the insurance company will pay 80 percent of the cost of the batteries, is it expensive?

Has anyone ever had bad experience with the CI batteries in the regular hearing aids that are either digital or analog ? so far from the post i been reading, you just stated the prices you paid for em or how long it lasts. also i see guesses here. Wish someone would speak up and state if the CI high power would be better for us BTE users and is the higher price worth it as far as cost per day to use.:aw:

Since you said that the insurance company will pay 80 percent of the cost of the batteries, is it expensive?

Insurance pays 80% I only have to pay 20%. So I pay I think around $30 a battery that last around 2 years.

Insurance pays 80% I only have to pay 20%. So I pay I think around $30 a battery that last around 2 years.

It's nice to have an insurance company paying for most of it, I wish I had that kind of insurance that would pay for my hearing aids. :lol:

It's nice to have an insurance company paying for most of it, I wish I had that kind of insurance that would pay for my hearing aids. :lol:

Me too. They will pay for cochlear implants not hearing aids. Since these are "special batteries" they cover the cost.

I had to make my Unitron's last for 14 years because the cost was out of my budget.

Back