When will Canadians see IP Relay?

I got this message via Facebook today from Chris Newman.

IP Relay Client

you can access Telus IP Relay.. It is only for Telus customer who pay to Telis Bill for Phone and Internet.. I am not sure which required both or one of them..

How do you know if you can access.. you will need special access number, they will give you if you are allow (depend where you live)

You must have access number.. you need to have Telus Customer with bill pay that you are use Relay Service then you will get Access number.

But I could not find any Telus Video Relay Service. I think it is secret website address because it is trial and it is limit number to involved trial. If you involved.. I am sure they will give you website address or software program to download.

That's all I know... I am not sure what detail or how it work.

Many Thanks
Chris Newman

really I am not sure figure out wise free or pay include on bill on telus! I think my same me, I am not sure how do you know?

I am wanting to get rogers IPrelay but I cannot the the sake of me figure out how this works. Do u have any idea?
Its all so confusing to me.
any advise would be great!!

I like using IP Relay it works well. A few times a call will be dropped "Service not available" and that is right in the middle of a call. In looking at it, the other people in Canada (other than Rogers) - Telus etc are using an independent login screen. Bell is making you log in though their site. Bell that points to: https://www.bell.ca/shopping/PrsShp_AS_IPRelaySSO.page?language=en, this is running Java Script so I have difficulty running on anything other than desktop browser. The actual login for the bell relay is - https://www.bell.ca/mybell/resource...e=en&SPID=urn:telus:saml2&action=idsp the actual text of that link is 'https://www.bell.ca/mybell/resources/login/invisibleLogin/loginSSO.jsp?language=en&SPID=urn:telus:saml2&action=idsp'

So if the Bell 'My Account' or Rogers 'My Account' is not working, no IP Relay. It would be nice to have a way to directly login. All the others do... www.iprelayservice.net
Cogeco Cable - http://iprelay.cogeco.com
Telus - http://iprelay.telus.net
Sasktel - https://messagerelayip.sasktel.com
MTS - https://iprelay.mts.ca
Primus Canada - https://iprelay.ca
Videotron - https://iprelay.videotron.com

The point is Rogers and Bell seem to be the only ones that log you in though their own pages. This makes it difficult if you want to access via your mobile device.

I have problems issues not understand not sure I am afraid not provide on required on ip address no clues my area on clues i suspect it!

Rogers Ip Relay?

Considering the system is literally days old at this point, I'm sure there are a number of kinks to be worked out ... however at least the process is being "officially undertaken" if that makes sense?

Rogers is listing this on their site as an IP relay - and from what I've heard from Roger Canada intends to include messenger relay as well as "IP Relay" as used in the USA (ie relay accessed via a website, not via a messenger program) ...

The process is all very very new (less than 20days old) and is still under development and in the initial stages of being "launched" ...

I would encourage Canadians to contact Bell, Rogers - whoever you want and tell them how important IP and IM Relay is for HOh & d/Deaf people and that you support their efforts.

Hi, I am wondering how to go about setting this up for my rogers account. I am having difficulty getting straight answers, and get from sales people...whats an IP? VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!....I have a cell phone number from Rogers, what else do I need to add, so that i can read messages from hearing friends, who dont text, or have computers? HOH myself, and cant understand what is being said on phone. Do I need an Ip number? or do I use cell phone number and just dial 711 and they relay? or do I need to add an IP relay service? SO CONFUSED!

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/special-needs

click on the link - it explains step by step how it works.

I tried that going to the rogers page, and all it did was confuse me. When clicking on that link it brings you to their sales page. I clicked on the bottom of the page where it says special needs. In the agreement it says "
IP Relay Service Description

The IP Relay Service is accessed through the internet via a compatible device and a secure web page at [insert web address] (“the IP Relay Web site”). You are responsible for obtaining the applicable internet access service and compatible device required to access the IP Relay Service. The IP Relay Service is a text based form of message relay service that uses the internet and compatible device to facilitate communication with hearing persons via an operator. Once an IP Relay connection is initiated by you, a specially trained operator will attempt to call the hearing person with whom you wish to communicate. Once the operator has established the connection, the operator will relay your typed message to the called party by voice. When the called party responds verbally, the relay operator will type the message back to you. The IP Relay Service is for individual use only in accordance with these Terms. Any other use of the IP Relay Service is strictly prohibited. Although the IP Relay Service is intended to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

So...what are they talking about? I am responsible for providing a compatible device? Are they talking about my cell phone, or some other device? Do I need a seperate number..like a voip number? or use cell number? are they (Rogers the relay service, in which case unsure of where/how they are relaying. I have reread this so many times it gets more and more confusing. Why can't they just speak english, and say what you need, and what is provided and where? More and more confused and upset.

Hi to all the Canadians.....
We now have a an IPRelay option through Rogers.I logged on to Rogers My Account with my laptop and it will also work on the Blackberry providing you download a chat program such as Yahoo,Hotmail, or AOL(which is what I'm using).

This is what is on the Rogers site:

IP Relay will allow you to communicate via text online using web-capable devices through interactive Messaging applications (such as Yahoo! Messenger) where there is Internet access.

IP relay will enable faster communications with the relay operator, and allow you to see more of the conversation on your computer screen than what can be seen on a TTY window.

IP relay will also allow you to print out and save conversations. To access this service, please login to your Interactive Messaging Service and add the corresponding buddy/friend to your list. The Unique IDs are as follows:

IM Chat Application Rogers Communications
Yahoo! RMrelayservice@yahoo.com
MSN RMrelayservice@hotmail.com
AOL RMrelayservice@aol.com

Hope this helps...
DeafChef

Hi,
I dont have a blackberry, have a samsung phone with text. I have this cell through rogers. But I've tried to understand what it is I need to do to set up call relay,and continous to be confused. I am NOT techno savy. I have voice capability, but need to text to see for responses. Trying to get help, I get sales people who look at me as if I am from another planet, and ask stupid questions like what's an IP, when trying to find out information on Ip relay service. I need to find out a.s.a.p how to set this up, but just got told to go to rogers page. I did that, and still dont understand what it is I am supposed to do. HELP! Thanks.

I am wanting to get rogers IPrelay but I cannot the the sake of me figure out how this works. Do u have any idea?
Its all so confusing to me.
any advise would be great!!

Did you ever figure it out? If so, please explain it to me simply. I am lost, and dont understand the rogers jargon.
Thanks.

Are you sure?

The earliest I know was July 8, 2004

MCI, AOL Unveil AIM Relay Services | Mobile | TechNewsWorld

Look at the date.

I personally had no idea of IP relay until sometimes in 2005, as soon as I found out, that is when I decided to cut off landline phone service indefinitely.

I am not interesting who is right or wrong. I am interesting only fact that is all. In other word, if my mind is wrong, feel free correct my brain with reliable source and that is not my saying your wrong. Just ask if your sure that is all.

SouthFella was right.

I used MCI IP relay in 2001. That's why I don't use TDD/TYY for almost 9 years. Thanks to Yahoo.

I tried that going to the rogers page, and all it did was confuse me. When clicking on that link it brings you to their sales page. I clicked on the bottom of the page where it says special needs. In the agreement it says "
IP Relay Service Description

The IP Relay Service is accessed through the internet via a compatible device and a secure web page at [insert web address] (“the IP Relay Web site”). You are responsible for obtaining the applicable internet access service and compatible device required to access the IP Relay Service. The IP Relay Service is a text based form of message relay service that uses the internet and compatible device to facilitate communication with hearing persons via an operator. Once an IP Relay connection is initiated by you, a specially trained operator will attempt to call the hearing person with whom you wish to communicate. Once the operator has established the connection, the operator will relay your typed message to the called party by voice. When the called party responds verbally, the relay operator will type the message back to you. The IP Relay Service is for individual use only in accordance with these Terms. Any other use of the IP Relay Service is strictly prohibited. Although the IP Relay Service is intended to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

So...what are they talking about? I am responsible for providing a compatible device? Are they talking about my cell phone, or some other device? Do I need a seperate number..like a voip number? or use cell number? are they (Rogers the relay service, in which case unsure of where/how they are relaying. I have reread this so many times it gets more and more confusing. Why can't they just speak english, and say what you need, and what is provided and where? More and more confused and upset.

I am from the US so, of course, have not used this. But. . . just from reading the description posted in the message quoted above I think it is worthwhile to try by going to the site referred to in the Rogers description using the browser in your smartphone. That may or may not work but seems worth a try to me.

Have you ever used IP Relay from a landline? I think it is the same process but just using the browser in (or on however you think of it) a smartphone (cell phone).

Phone Relay Service with Rogers?

Really. I am surprised never heard it wow. I am shocked! well I used on ROGers! I know all the Canadian!

Hi, I have a rogers cell phone, but do not know if other equipment is needed for phone relay? Magic Jack doesn't have it either so kind of stuck. Have bell, but can not get funding for a VCO phone here through ADP, since I only need one phone, they will only fund several..which is totally stupid.

That's Canada for you!

Anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Katyana

Last edited:
Hi, I have a rogers cell phone, but do not know if other equipment is needed for phone relay? Magic Jack doesn't have it either so kind of stuck. Have bell, but can not get funding for a VCO phone here through ADP, since I only need one phone, they will only fund several..which is totally stupid.

That's Canada for you!

Anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Katyana

you are right
I understand. I know it is tough. Yes if people have issues troubleshooting? did you replacement VCO phone?

That's Canada for you!

Anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Katyana

Rogers have message relay service (MRS) on Yahoo. For your informatin it is unreliable. I tried it for two weeks, and it was far inconvenient that I thought. Next year or two we will have VRS available in Canada.

Back