When was the last time have you met...?

Just saw in real life, Gene Wilder was pretty close to me like 12 inches away from me. that was it.

Does well known doctorates count?

Or does the definition have to be expanded to popular culture?

Well, from the trend the thread is taking, seems to be "cool people only" :cool:
I get what you mean of course, but seems it's more of a popular culture reference (read what douglas wrote)

My father shared an elevator with Ernest Hemingway.

We also have an autographed toy race car from Carl Edwards.

My uncle is Ozzie Virgil and through him I have met Pete Rose, Mike Schimt, and then some professional football players that he was friends with. When I was 13, he and my aunt took me to a benefit featuring Bruce Springsteen and we got to meet him backstage. It was a neat experience. :)

My uncle is Ozzie Virgil and through him I have met Pete Rose, Mike Schimt, and then some

Ozzie Virgil, jr? The catcher from the braves? I think I might have a baseball card of him somewhere... whoa!

Ozzie Virgil, jr? The catcher from the braves? I think I might have a baseball card of him somewhere... whoa!

Yea...he played for the Phillies, Braves and Blue Jays. :)

Jimmy Buffet and I were altar boys together.
As a ballboy at the Senior Bowl, i help Joe Namath and Bob Haynes.
My Mom sat with Pete Fountain on and plane and he wanted to meet me after my Mom explain I was deaf but listen to him often. Got to go backstage and visit with him.
Was invited backstage and spoke with all three of Peter, Paul and Mary (If I Had A Hammer, Puff the Magic Dargon, etc.)
Handshake with George Wallace
Breakfast with "The Bear", long time coach of U. of Ala.
Handshake with Charles Barkley, U. of Auburn...Phoneix Suns
Harper Lee, author
Eddie Stankey, GM of St. Louis Cardinals
"The Dream"...center Houston Rockets
Jeff Bagwell...Houston Astros
and someone I wish I never met...Bud Adams...owner Houston Oilers

Such a small world. That's pretty neat shel, to have a connection to him. :cool:
Now I got to go find where I put my card collection.. lol

Just found out - hubby met and talked football with Joe Montana.

Such a small world. That's pretty neat shel, to have a connection to him. :cool:
Now I got to go find where I put my card collection.. lol

In the 80s, his younger brother and sister attended the same high school as I did. We got so much attention. I used to like it until I realized that people really didnt want to be friends with me. It sucked to find that out afterwards.

I have met:
Voltaire: Alternative Singer
Kevin Sorbo: Actor Hercules: The Legendary Journeys
Alexis Cruz: Actor Touched By An Angel, ER, Stargate (film & TV show)
Connie Sellecca: Actress Hotel
John Tesh: Actor/Composer
Peter Mayhew: Actor Star Wars Chewbacca
Rod Roddenberry: Writer/Producer, son of Gene Roddenberry
Richard Hatch: Actor BattleStar Galacita: Original Apollo

I am a geek I used to LARP (Live Action Role Play) Vampire the Masquerade with Alexis Cruz. And it was my birthday during I-CON 24. and I got drinks & kisses from both Alexis Cruz & Rod Roddenberry! *sigh* what a great birthday.

Back