When was the last time have you met...?

katz4life

Reaction score
When was the last time have you met a famous or well-known figure in real life? Can it be any like movie star, sport player, musician, politician, inventor, book author, etc.

For me, it was three weeks ago. Her name is Aida Turturro. She is an actress who played Janice Soprano, the sister of mafia mobster Tony Soprano from tv series, Sopranos.
My first moment of meeting her was a bit embarrassing.
My bf and I had arrived in my hometown (Long Island) from JFK Airport to meet my family for dinner at a local Lobster/bar grill restaurant near the harbor port a day before my sister's wedding day.
There were people eating outside on the tables under the umbrella outside of the restaurant. After we had passed them and entered the restaurant and to the bar counter. He suddenly alerted me that there is an actress from Sopranos. My first thought he was referring Edie Falco (played a wife of Tony Soprano - Golden Glode award winner), whose grew up in my hometown and went to the same high school with my eldest sister, I knew and met her mother and her brother who are still residing in my hometown.
I asked my bf, "where is she? Outside? He said yes, then I went to the window and took a peek by thru window. I didn't find Edie...so I went back to the bar counter and told him I don't see no Edie. He said nooo, different actress who played Tony's sister, I was like, ohhh ok I went back to the window and had a peek around outside. I found her but my second thought was it can't be her, she must be just a person who happens to look like Aida Turturro. I went back to the counter again, I didn't believe my bf's saying that she's real for real. Because it was impossible to believe that's really her 'cause I noticed nobody was staring at her or walking to her for an autograph. If she's for real, I was thinking shockingly "what the heck is she doing here?" Not in this here, my hometown. There was a pause. My guess was maybe she came here for a visit of her friends, probably happened to be family friends with Edie Falco's or something like that. Anyway, of course, I'm not kind of a person who would walk or bother a famous figure for anything like a chat, a picture, or autograph. I'm pretty much shy when it comes with meeting famous ones in a normal public, except for convention expo, a special event, or a fundraiser party. So anyway, it was a real surprise to see her right there but we went to mind ourselves, eating and drinking with my family. My family didn't really watch Sopranos, though as we spoke about Aida to them. My bf brought up an idea figuring a way how to "meet her", I told him and said "forget it, leave her alone. Don't embarrass yourself, including me." I thought it wasn't worth to persaude her in person. It's like paparazzi or a stalker thing. After we finished drinking and told the family that me and my bf plan to leave and going to the park. So we went outside and walked passed Aida and her apparently family/friends including her Black Lab dog that was sitting under the table. I saw my bf was about to petting and playing with a black dog, I was like, oh no...I was standing by the tree and had a smoke, few moments later I noticed Aida was about to leave. All of a sudden, her black lab dog came up to me and made a fuss by sniffing my pussy. Gee, I tried to get the dog away from me. Then I looked up to Aida as she approached, and she called on her dog and told me something like "it's okay" I had a red face..blushing. My bf and she started a chat (with body language and gesture for communcation) and he introduced her to me and etc. Aida was explaining to us that her dog can detect people as if they are deaf, blind, epiplesy (sp?), or another disabilities. Very interesting. She said that she adopted her dog from ASPCA. Few minutes more of a chat as I saw a couple of kids being around her..I believe it's her nephew and niece or 2nd cousins, perhaps and then Aida told us to get a picture of us together. Her relative took a picture for us. It was out of a blue, I didn't ask for it. Lol. Wow. It was really nice meeting her...of course I was still little teeny bit embarrassed. Ha.

How about you?

Wirelessly posted

Jackie Chan in taiwan, 2006 I think. Too many people in the night life. Lots of the South Korean famous actors in Seoul, but they aren't so popular in the USA except John Cho.
I've probably passed a lot in Beverly/Hollywood/Santa Monica areas without noticing, sometimes it is like trying to spot secrets in the crowds.

All I remember is sitting on my father's shoulders at about age 10 watching Pope Paul the 6th going by in a limousine.

There were lots of people to watch, lining the street, and I think it was just to watch the pope go by. No parade or anything.

I meet

Adam Family in 1972 in Warwick R.I.

Kellie Shanygne Williams from Family Matter, we had a lunch together because she wanted to learn some sign language with my two sons.

Bill Cosby in Boston

Robin Williams in San Franciso

Tom Brady from Patrioits several times.

Cathy Rigby

M*A*S*H*

Lou Ferrigno

I can't remember names of other of horror movie stars

In the last month I met Naomi Guy. I won't get into too much details on what she does but.... heres a picture of her:
2247425050_0fff2f3788.jpg

Wirelessly posted

Julia Butterfly back when I was a young adult.

I've met some celebrities from canada that none of u guys prolly know, Danny Fernandes, Karl Wolf, girlicious, Nick carter from back street boys, and meeting black eyed peas in a few weeks:)

I've met quite a few and seen dozens more. Gil Gerard who played "Buck Roger's in the 25th Century" on TV actually changed my diapers when I was a baby. He was in the German class my father taught in Arkansas.

I see too many here in Palm Beach. Burt Reynolds, Billie Mays (before he died) and golf professionals. The list goes on....

My uncle is a well-known figure pro baseball so can I count him?

Well, counting my uncle who is Ozzie Virgil and through him, I have met Pete Rose, some other famous baseball players of the 80s and Bruce Springsteen for some benefit he took us. I was like 13 years old so I dont remember much.

Last edited:
I met Jared Leto (He's a bad actor and in a horrible band but I love him with all my heart). He is the single most beautiful creature to walk the face of the earth. Seriously. It was the best day ever. He put his arm around me, rubbed my back, and I got a picture. Later, he grabbed my boobs...BEST DAY EVER

I met Jared Leto (He's a bad actor and in a horrible band but I love him with all my heart). He is the single most beautiful creature to walk the face of the earth. Seriously. It was the best day ever. He put his arm around me, rubbed my back, and I got a picture. Later, he grabbed my boobs...BEST DAY EVER

I know of Jared Leto.... I have a picture of him in my email somewhere...

I know of Jared Leto.... I have a picture of him in my email somewhere...

He's soooo amazing. Just his name makes my toes curl. I turned into a 14 year old girl again when I got to meet his....amazing :D

(oh, and I use that smilie because the dirty one I actually want to use is not appropriate for this forum!)

Bob Villa..... He came to our place and made couple films in our garage. Nice man and he has a deaf daughter. Too bad he does not know any sign language. He had no problem with us deafies even let us take picture of him with us.

Don't know his name but once I went to starbuck and ordered a drink there, then he came in and opened the door for me to walk out. I looked at him and said thank you but I was puzzled. I have seen him somewhere then realized he was on tv shows many time, small parts. We stayed in car and waited few minutes then he walked out and went in his car with his family. He looked at us and smile. i was still trying to figure out who he was. I forgot his name. Still see him on TV once awhile. Nice man.

My husband did some work for famous people alike Henry Wrinkler, Christian Slater, and many others. I forgot others but those mean nothing to us. I guess just Hollywood people with alot of $$$$.

Back