When people say "this is awkward"

I have decided to become more antisocial around some extended family and friends. Too much work to communicate with them and I get nothing in return. You have to choose your battles.

Often I do feel awkward with some people, it is not because I don't want talk with them. It is more of because I don't want to upset if I say something that may offend them so I was not sure what to say cause I can not read their mind.

The person in question had said it during a moment neither of us was talking.. I'm guessing either that silence makes her feel awkward, or I did. I don't recall much of what transpired, though I do recall that I had been avoiding anything personal, and tried to liven up the conversation by asking questions abt her interests, then telling her a little about myself when the first tack didn't work.

http://lifehacker.com/5948534/how-to-avoid-awkward-conversations-when-meeting-someone-new

It could of been the silence that was awkward , most people do not come right and say this , that person was very honest and direct and that could be 'awkward' to most people. If the two of you did not hit it off it was not meant to be.

http://lifehacker.com/5948534/how-to-avoid-awkward-conversations-when-meeting-someone-new

It could of been the silence that was awkward , most people do not come right and say this , that person was very honest and direct and that could be 'awkward' to most people. If the two of you did not hit it off it was not meant to be.

I have to agree with your thoughts on this subject, WDYS. Most anyone would say, "well, this is awkward" when there is a long pause in the conversation. Not really an earth shattering problem. Just forget it, Trippy Moods,and carry on!

I have to agree with your thoughts on this subject, WDYS. Most anyone would say, "well, this is awkward" when there is a long pause in the conversation. Not really an earth shattering problem. Just forget it Trippy Moodsand carry on!
Perhaps next time someone says "Well, this is awkward," the best response would be , "Well, you're right!" Then, like you posted, carry on.

I had awkward moments when I misunderstood someone and said something totally difference , I will laugh about it and the other person will too. Then we move on . Try to lighten the mood up if this happen again it will help break the ice with the other person.

This is so true, I often misunderstand someone and the conversation will take a different route hehe

I had awkward moments when I misunderstood someone and said something totally difference , I will laugh about it and the other person will too. Then we move on . Try to lighten the mood up if this happen again it will help break the ice with the other person.

awkward is awkward all been self explained.it true some people expect you be claivoyent unfortunately I often do the same that makes it awkward

I like how "move on" sounds. Thanks, all! :)
And Jairo, I'm single.. The person in my photo is a male friend of mine :)

... and not even one person thought it's simply an opening to a difficult for that person conversation? nice!
all the Trippy needs to say is: "is there a problem"?
blunt yet polite.

sheesh.

Fuzzy

Back