When is your child going back to school?

Liebling:-))) said:
wow, interesting thread here... Back to school first week or second week of August is too early.. :shock:

My both boys started their school holiday today (31st July) and will go back to school on 12th September 2006. My hubby & I will take 4 whole weeks leave from 14th August to spent our time with boys.

ohh wow.. so they're finally out of school for the summer.. starting today???? wow!!!

my daughter is very very ready to go back to school.. she's bored to death now! she goes back to school thursday. she's excited!

Reba said:
Are all the schools within the community on the same schedule? That is, if you have one child in elementary school, one in middle school, and one in high school, will they all be on the same vacation schedule?

As of now, not all schools are year around. That may change in the future as we are having significant growing pains. :D FYI - This is in Wake County NC and year around schedules allow you to put more kids in the same school.

Currently, some elementary and middle schools are year around. So, one can keep kids on the a year around schedule until high school. They are mostly optional but a couple of situations they had to make it mandatory (that did upset some parents). We are optional at this point and since we like it...it is no big deal to us.

Now to answer your question, you could have your children in year around elementary and middle school on the same track (1 of 4) throughout. It is high school that they decided not to do that. So, you would have kids on different schedule that way and that is a problem for most people. I think it is mostly to allow the HS students the option to work during summer and also I think to keep the extracurricular activities in synch as well. Will they ever make HS year around? At this point, nobody is even considering that option.

We haven't decided what to do when our son goes to HS (about six years from now) but we might have our younger daughter switch to a regular schedule in middle school to match his (if we still have that option as we may see all elementary and middle schools go year around by then). Decisions, decisions, decision... ;)

ButterflyGirl said:
Were you referring this to me?
I was just telling Liebling that we start school early in August because we close early in May. Liebling then understood the reason why the school opens this month. That was all I was saying.

Did I say that to you.. ?? I have not say name to you...
I'm speaking general.. Okay.. Get it!

I have no idea when my child will go back to school cuz I haven't got a letter from school district. It should be started in the middle of aug or end of aug.

RebelGirl said:
My daughter starts school Thursday August 3rd!!!! I can't believe Summer is actually "over" for her. Don't that seem too early for the kids to be back to school??? I thought that was crazy but that's how the school system works in my location. sucks but kinda glad for her to go back!!! I'm ready to get out of my home and get a job. I was working but quit a few weeks ago due to my good friend's son's death and had stayed home to be with my friend. Now that's over with.. my daughter going back to school.. i'm ready to go job hunting!

Care to share with me on when your kid/kids going back to school? How do you like their system? Will your child have a 2 week or 1 week fall break? My daughter used to have 2 week fall break but they changed it to 1 week this coming fall because of their lack of learning skills. The kids forget their work during the 2 week fall break so they changed it to 1 week. so tell me about yours!

EH back to school in August?? wow that is soooo insterting to me lol here canada start back to school in Sept lol :lol: new to me ehehe :lol:

DeafMonkey said:
EH back to school in August?? wow that is soooo insterting to me lol here canada start back to school in Sept lol :lol: new to me ehehe :lol:
for sure! i live in ottawa, on and i go back to school sept 8..i cant wait tho.,my last year of h.s. n then university...woohoo

lilitalia89 said:
for sure! i live in ottawa, on and i go back to school sept 8..i cant wait tho.,my last year of h.s. n then university...woohoo

yah ! but I am glad I am finish school that I graduated in 1996 lol :lol:

My cousin who is 6 yrs old she will go school on 17th og aug soon which in few week away from today

My son will start school on Aug 21. He is looking forward to new school year as he said its bored here lol.. so only 2 more weeks left of summer vacation for him.. :)

Interesting so different states aren't same days "back to school"

In Canada (provinces) are same all rest "back to school" Sept first of week..

Back