What's your lunch tonight?

mixing sandwich cheese!, ham.

Chicken/Swiss cheese sandwich, chips, Little Debbie cupcake, orange juice.

Grilled bbq chicken on honey wheat bread yum!

Today was thickened chicken noodle soup with pumpernickel bread.

What do you put in your chicken noodle soup? I grew up with chicken noodle soup being just that! I have since found soup labeled as chicken noodle that has a bunch of other things in it as well as the chicken & noodles.

What do you put in your chicken noodle soup? I grew up with chicken noodle soup being just that! I have since found soup labeled as chicken noodle that has a bunch of other things in it as well as the chicken & noodles.

We had 2 cans of homestyle chicken noodle soup that had carrots, chicken thick noodles, celery and onion. I added a can of chicken broth and then thickened with instant potato flakes. Added more seasoning as well.

I did a Mexican cornbread kind of thing.

2 boxes cornbread mix, rice milk and vegan egg replacer, 1 can, drained, of whole kernel corn, 1 can, drained and rinsed, black beans, 1/4 medium onion and 1 clove garlic, diced and sauteed in a skillet and added to the rest. Added in chipolte seasoning, oregano, ground cumin. Mixed it all up and poured into a hot greased cast iron skillet, sprinkle with vegan cheddar cheese and paprika. Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes. Serve with salsa.

Yummo!!!!

**I have done this with chorizo, pinto beans, kidney beans and black beans. Whichever I have on hand.

I did a Mexican cornbread kind of thing.

2 boxes cornbread mix, rice milk and vegan egg replacer, 1 can, drained, of whole kernel corn, 1 can, drained and rinsed, black beans, 1/4 medium onion and 1 clove garlic, diced and sauteed in a skillet and added to the rest. Added in chipolte seasoning, oregano, ground cumin. Mixed it all up and poured into a hot greased cast iron skillet, sprinkle with vegan cheddar cheese and paprika. Bake at 400 for about 25 minutes. Serve with salsa.

Yummo!!!!

**I have done this with chorizo, pinto beans, kidney beans and black beans. Whichever I have on hand.

It might help to give can sizes as people keep different ones on hand depending on how many they usually cook for. Also, over the years I have noticed the amount in a given size of can has changed so oz. or cups can be helpful.

It might help to give can sizes as people keep different ones on hand depending on how many they usually cook for. Also, over the years I have noticed the amount in a given size of can has changed so oz. or cups can be helpful.

15 3/4 ounce cans. Standard off the shelf for 2-3 servings. or 1 3/4 cup if you cook beans from scratch.

Back