What's your first Language?

English, thank god.

Bott - true, true!

used gestures and "signs" of my own making as baby/toddler because I spoke "late" and was often misunderstood as I did learn to speak. Then learned English,<not fluent in the rest of these> as time went on, some Yiddish, later Spanish, took some Arabic, then learned some ASL when with Deaf in summer program. I enjoy languages.

Mine: English, French (defunct now, haven't used it since I returned from my summer exchange), a tiny bit of Spanish, and then ASL.

Miss Kat: ASL, then English.

Geez, calm down and don't get yourselves into a snit over my comment thankful that my first language is English.

Insecure are we? Though I am not.

I would love to learn Spanish though...maybe I will take classes.

Geez, calm down and don't get yourselves into a snit over my comment thankful that my first language is English.

Insecure are we? Though I am not.

Sometimes, I wonder about that...:hmm:

Sometimes, I wonder about that...:hmm:

I wonder, too, whenever people lash out over a benign comment. What would you rather see? English, omg, I am cursed!" ? :cool2: .

Again, I am thankful that my first language is English! Yet you get snitty over that comment? Move on, please.

I wonder, too, whenever people lash out over a benign comment. What would you rather see? English, omg, I am cursed!" ? :cool2: .

Again, I am thankful that my first language is English! Yet you get snitty over that comment? Move on, please.

Honestly, i wish my first language was Alien language. :lol:

I think you are being too sensitive. I did not see anyone lashing out.

Wait for Jillio to come back and she will give you the reaction you want.:giggle:

I think you are being too sensitive. I did not see anyone lashing out.

Wait for Jillio to come back and she will give you the reaction you want.:giggle:

I agree. Not really lash out but I'm sure you get the gist of what I'm saying. Who is Jillio?

Force of nature?

I laugh at the thot. Though the topic is about first language, and English is certainly something that I am thankful for each and everyday as my first and primary language. Without it, I wouldn't be where I am today.

Back