What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have heard you mention black bean burgers twice now and it sounds mighty appetizing, mind telling me how you prepare it? (If you already posted a recipe, pardon me and refer me to the post if you don't mind). Thank you! :ty:

It is a pre-made product from Morningstar farms. I cook it 3 minutes per side on medium heat, then but it on a lightly toasted bun with the toppings any family present prefers.

Very simple. High protein, high fiber, low calorie. Tastes good too!

I have been in a breakfast mood for dinner lately. I ate scrambled eggs topped with salsa and a bit of sour cream. I did warm up corn tortilias and some refried beans.

Cold roast chicken with my fresh cranberry jalapeno relish (had to make sure is was good for company - lol - it was) I was still hungry later, so I had the last of the season's tomato on wheat bread. mmmm

I had the last of the shop-a-thon today I hope. Cashiers dont sign...

My friend had a baby - so cute, had to visit. Nurses dont sign... Who knew room 6305 was not on 6th floor of bldg one but on third floor of bldg two? Poor muppet mouth nurse. She gestured well at least.

Went to visit ex-terp in JAIL, jail is NOT deaf friendly. No one signs... I could not get in to see him. Have to wait till Wednesday when the Sheriff's Chaplain's assistant whose sister signs says that they will actually come out from behind the glass since I cant hear the squawk box intercom or the nasty wall phone or more than feel the vibration on the mirrored glass when the jailer beats it to get my attention. Oh, they wont pass notes either.

I had a bad deaf day and I wont - just wont - go out tomorrow. If we dont have it they dont need it or can go themselves. gee

Ratchet is stuck out in the middle of a platform with Luna attempting to get him with a hay baler.... sigh.

Cold roast chicken with my fresh cranberry jalapeno relish (had to make sure is was good for company - lol - it was) I was still hungry later, so I had the last of the season's tomato on wheat bread. mmmm

I had the last of the shop-a-thon today I hope. Cashiers dont sign...

My friend had a baby - so cute, had to visit. Nurses dont sign... Who knew room 6305 was not on 6th floor of bldg one but on third floor of bldg two? Poor muppet mouth nurse. She gestured well at least.

Went to visit ex-terp in JAIL, jail is NOT deaf friendly. No one signs... I could not get in to see him. Have to wait till Wednesday when the Sheriff's Chaplain's assistant whose sister signs says that they will actually come out from behind the glass since I cant hear the squawk box intercom or the nasty wall phone or more than feel the vibration on the mirrored glass when the jailer beats it to get my attention. Oh, they wont pass notes either.

I had a bad deaf day and I wont - just wont - go out tomorrow. If we dont have it they dont need it or can go themselves. gee

Ratchet is stuck out in the middle of a platform with Luna attempting to get him with a hay baler.... sigh.

Run from Luna like a squirrel. I beat it once and then the enhanced free game that comes after.

Tiny quiche of spinach or swiss cheese from Sam's Club. Plus printed sugar cookies and hot chocolate.

i don't know.. should i have another grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup, or bake blueberry muffins? how about brownies?

maybe i'll just go with the grilled cheese, it's faster.

It is a pre-made product from Morningstar farms. I cook it 3 minutes per side on medium heat, then but it on a lightly toasted bun with the toppings any family present prefers.

Very simple. High protein, high fiber, low calorie. Tastes good too!

Yeah, the Morningstar Farms one is good. You can also make up some from scratch and freeze in individual portions. This is how I do mine:

1 lb black beans, cooked and seasoned to your taste
1 small onion grated
2 carrots grated
1//2 green bell pepper grated
salt and pepper to taste
fine bread crumbs

Mash beans with a potato ricer or a fork. Add all ingredients except bread crumbs. Form into patties, coat patties with bread crumbs and freeze with wax paper between.

This is also good with Navy beans if you don't like black beans.

Tonight I had a chicken leg quarter baked and some mushroom rice pilaf. My appetite is coming back. I actually had a taste for food today.

i don't know.. should i have another grilled cheese sandwich with ketchup, or bake blueberry muffins? how about brownies?

maybe i'll just go with the grilled cheese, it's faster.

You can't beat grilled cheese. So simple, so good!

Chicken, onions and garlis cooked in cream of chicken soup seasoned with balsamic vinegar, sage, basil and parsley, whole grain macaroni and beets.

Doing my best to go low sodium for hubby.

Botts, whats up with similarities? I also had quiche. I made an onion and tomato quiche, iron skillet style.

I followed your advice and Ratchet almost made it off the platform. Thanks for the tip, will keep trying as time allows.

Botts, whats up with similarities? I also had quiche. I made an onion and tomato quiche, iron skillet style.

I followed your advice and Ratchet almost made it off the platform. Thanks for the tip, will keep trying as time allows.

Great minds think alike?

But tonight I go out to a noodle restaurant for early birthday.

I did trade games in at Gamers and get the new Ratchet and Clank for PS3, and you can buy used PS3 there if you want one cheaper.

I also bought the book on Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier.

Refuse to eat dinner tonight. Making pork loin chops, rice and steamed carrots for the 4 others in family. They way I'm feeling, I may not even eat tomorrow and I have to do all the cooking. MIL has never in her 74 years cooked a turkey. Always had her mother do it for her. :eek3:

red squash, which I baked, steamed broccoli and cauliflower and omelette <For me>
salad, BLT's, Tater Tots, for hubby

Refuse to eat dinner tonight. Making pork loin chops, rice and steamed carrots for the 4 others in family. They way I'm feeling, I may not even eat tomorrow and I have to do all the cooking. MIL has never in her 74 years cooked a turkey. Always had her mother do it for her. :eek3:

Sorry you are feeling unwell, KristinaB. Take care of yourself.

Sorry you are feeling unwell, KristinaB. Take care of yourself.

Thanks Jillio. I'm just really stressed with my mother. And when I get too stressed I can't eat. The changes in her are just too hard for me to deal with. I guess we are just too close since she's lived with us our whole married life. I think in my 46 years she and I have lived in separate homes for a total of 18 months and not all in one run.

I did nibble on some leftover rice and a raspberry creme puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back