What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am doing a ground beef throw-together with ground beef, onions, garlic, pureed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, black olive and rice. I think I will use some of my Goya seasonings for the Latino flavors. We also will have dinner rolls and cherry jello.

I'm having Pasta Carobonara with pancetta and milk. I'm throwing in shallots, garlic and spinach into this stuff. *lick*

I have no idea what I am going to have.:dunno: My nephew and grand neice are away for the week-end, and I don't want to cook just for me. Either order out or eat junk, I guess.:P

Cinco de Mayo neighborhood party (two days late, but close enough. So it's really a Siete de Mayo party.) Tex-Mex food, good friends, good music.

This evening we had Sweet Italian Turkey sausages, baked potatoes and a tossed salad.

Mexican chicken, corn, deviled egg, and tea.

Antipasto salad, fruit, all kinds of "good stuff" :) Not your typical dinner at all! :)

Onion shrimp, rice, watermelon. At a Chinese restaurant for Mother's day. It was fun. :)

And I got an Amazon gift card, so I have lots of new books too.

We had Steak, Blue Crabs (that we caught ourselves), Salad, corn on the cob, baked potato & sweet tea....was delicious!

:D Botti, cool about your new BOOKS - I love new books! Happy Mother's Day to you and :thumb: for new gift/meal!

last night hubby and I saw my folks at home - my mom was interested in going out but husband and I couldn't do it on Saturday and she wasn't quite up to waiting around for service for meal on Sunday considering it was actually Mother's Day and we thought places would be very busy <she is recovering from her broken hip>. So we picked up some sandwiches and soup and went to their house with a Mother's Day gift. I got her some handmade lotion and soap from a company called "Lush". And a card, she likes cards.
She was walking real well without her cane though!

I had veggie chili and Greek salad and whole grain sourdough roll.

Hope all moms had good/pleasant or peaceful Mother's Day-

RR, wow, I bet those were some fresh crabs! How long does it take to make them?

:D Botti, cool about your new BOOKS - I love new books! Happy Mother's Day to you and :thumb: for new gift/meal!

Hope all moms had good/pleasant or peaceful Mother's Day-
Thanks. I love new books too, and it was such a surprise as I thought I had had my gift last week.

The restaurant with my other daughter was great too.

I am glad to hear your mother is healing well. :)

RR, wow, I bet those were some fresh crabs! How long does it take to make them?

Just minutes!...(Getting them into the big pot of boiling hot water and crab boil is the hard part)!...We pour them into a big sink, wash them well w/hot water (while they are still alive), with the sprayer....Put on a big pot of water, let it boil, along with crab boil...when it's boiling hot, get some tongs, pick them up one by one and throw them in!...

We've had a few slip out of the tongs and wind up on the floor...and my doggie trying to bite it!...(And of course, everybody "screaming"!) HAHA!

After boiling, we let them sit in the pot to absorb the crab boil more. Melt some butter and they're ready to eat when cooling off a little. Mmmm, good!

Tonight we are having soy/ginger pork loin chops, white rice and peas. At least I think it's rice and peas, I will have to check the menu plan now.

wow, RR ....a quick and "lively" meal:wave:

ahh yes, the falling-off-the-counter-surprise that dogs really love!:lol:
also known as the crowd-the-counter-strategy-

nooooo idea what to have for tonight at moment, hubby's already made though.
He has left-over pork chops and sauteed carrots and mushrooms.
I have rock climbing tonight so maybe for me an energy bar:hmm:

Tonight, we are having a Ground beef casserole that my grandmother used to make. Mostly like mine, but has worchestershire sauce and lima beans in it. Daughter will pick out her limas, but that's okay. We are also having dinner rolls and jello.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back