What's your dinner tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made some meatless chili. My first time making chili, believe it or not. I just made a basic chili with beans, diced jalapeno and onion, and red bell pepper. I used raw agave nectar to sweeten and added a couple dashes of liquid smoke. Along with the usual chili seasonings, I added a bay leaf and a touch of lemon juice. Think it came out very nice for how simple it was. Some sausage meat or ground turkey would make it very good.

Now I am using it to make those baked hot dogs that I've been hearing so much about... will be eating a bit late. Oh well. I've got some Sam Adams beer to hold me over as I grade papers and try to work on my thesis on a Saturday night.

I ate late too, like Alex. I had macaroni and cheese. The blue box kind, unfortunately. I'd really rather have homemade. :P Didn't have much time for cooking food today, though, I've been writing papers all day plus there are renovations going on in my house. Busy!

had ice cream at is-a-berry place - cappucino & cake batter flavor + oreo + chocolate chip + whipped cream + strawberry + sprinkles

got hungry 30 min later so having boston market food now.... :aw:

Simply had peanut soup with peanut butter, milk, tomatoes, onions, celery in chicken broth and a good dose of hot Texas Pete.

A turkey tv dinner and about to eat chicken kung pao egg rolls. Somewhat unconventional when left to my own devices.

We had a kielbasa stir-fry with rice that I was supposed to fix last night.

We chose Subway....any foot-long for just $5 bucks...special is about over tho'....was for the month of February only.

We chose Subway....any foot-long for just $5 bucks...special is about over tho'....was for the month of February only.

Huh? our Subway here in town has had the $5 footlongs for the past 2 years and says that it will become a permanent part of the menu.

Huh? our Subway here in town has had the $5 footlongs for the past 2 years and says that it will become a permanent part of the menu.

We had it here too, and only for Feb. But at least Iowa life is cheaper anyway.

I meant to say "any" foot long sub for $5 bucks....I got a foot long Roast Beef....

same here, every subway is $5 footlongs. you wonder why i go there often

Not here in Jax...."any" foot long sub for $5 bucks thru the month of February only....We do love Subway....would be awesome if all foot longs were $5 bucks, tho'

Had a sushi party with the other people in my house. Here's a picture of the spread. There was panko shrimp and crab Rangoon. I made a roll with the shrimp and cucumber. I rolled it inside out and on top I made a "skin" of avocado and eel slices. Topped it off with spicy mayo and eel sauce.... nom nom nom nom

Attachments

• 02272011(002).jpg
    02272011(002).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 15
I will be having steak (cooked the Polish way), White cream sauce and veggies - Yum, Yum. :D

I'm having chicken wings, either smashed potatoes or oven baked potatoes chips, and salad.

Either BBQ or spaghetti...gonna let the boys decide which one they want...

Family is having turkey sausage, pasta and carrots. MIL have her weight loss meeting, so we will most likely be at Perkins. If so, then I will have grilled chicken, lettuce & tomato and fries. It's basically the grilled chicken sandwich with no bun and no cheese. I have some of my homemade bread to take with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back