What's Your Dinner Tonight -- Part II

I tried tripe today..Never ever do i ever want it agin,it must be worse food man created the pig tendons with it were indescribable I don't think I eat again for few days.Unless you blind no sense of taste or texture that only way to eat it.Neighbour wanted me try it cook for me for helping her do something

^^^ I'm not so sure that was the best way to thank you!! :lol: oh well, it's the thought that counts.

As for me, leftover fettuccine Alfredo and pizza. It snowed last night and our cupboards were bare, so we made some poor Italian restaurant deliver to us :) at least it was only 3 miles away.

^^^ I'm not so sure that was the best way to thank you!! :lol: oh well, it's the thought that counts.

I still trying hold it down,nice lady who insisted she see me eat it.Time before that was bag of fried chicken feet that I was able get rid of..I can't express how horrible tripe is and pig tendons I just could not do.She want do it for me again god I hope not

I still trying hold it down,nice lady who insisted she see me eat it.Time before that was bag of fried chicken feet that I was able get rid of..I can't express how horrible tripe is and pig tendons I just could not do.She want do it for me again god I hope not

OMG, :giggle:

We are making shrimp scampi linguine, and homemade molasses cookies.

Dough is chilling for an hour and then into the oven. Kind of like gingerbread men, but a lot less work.

The shrimp scampi sounds divine!

I think it will be. Vacation week here and I save the harder recipes for my husband as he is the better cook.

Cookies are in the oven and they smell great too.

We are making shrimp scampi linguine, and homemade molasses cookies.

Dough is chilling for an hour and then into the oven. Kind of like gingerbread men, but a lot less work.

Yum, molasses cookies are my favorite, make them quite often. Anything shrimp is yum too.

we live in an area with many farms. About 5 minutes down the road is a beef and bison farm, with an on-farm store. We stopped there recently to pick up some local and grass-fed meat, and eggs, including some bison burgers. We had the bison burgers tonight. I don't generally eat most commercial meat/poultry but on occasion will eat meat from a farmer's market. I had some of the bison burger tonight with some veggies and a sprouted grain english muffin.

We seem to be on a shrimp kick at the moment. Tonight coconut shrimp, rice, and fizzy lemonade.

Cake for dessert, key lime/orange cake, with lemon frosting.

were the shrimp breaded? my hub can't eat it if it looks like what it is, but if it's all fried, then he can eat it:lol:

my dad loves key lime pie, he still tells the story about the first time he ever tried key lime pie when he and my mom and another couple went to Florida some years back.

last night we had a mix of stuff - some of the farm store meat for hub, that we got a few days back; i had some oatmeal and veggies <we didn't do the whole turkey thing yesterday with my dog's surgery>

were the shrimp breaded? my hub can't eat it if it looks like what it is, but if it's all fried, then he can eat it:lol:

my dad loves key lime pie, he still tells the story about the first time he ever tried key lime pie when he and my mom and another couple went to Florida some years back.

last night we had a mix of stuff - some of the farm store meat for hub, that we got a few days back; i had some oatmeal and veggies <we didn't do the whole turkey thing yesterday with my dog's surgery>

They were, but baked in the oven for lower fat content. They still tasted great.

I'm glad you guys still enjoyed them:)

did you like seafood when you were a child? I know it's one of those things that some people like more as adults. We had the Ashkenazi stuff....herring and gefilte fish and sometimes smoked salmon, cream cheese, bagels, horseradish etc, when I was a kid and it was just part of our heritage.

But I remember one time my mom had some toast and over-easy eggs and she'd got the yolk all over the toast and was eating happily. I was appalled she'd ruin perfectly good toast:lol: I was maybe 8 - I said yuck! - when I saw she'd smothered runny egg yolk all over toast. Then I said something like - I think that's gross! or something, and she said, something like - you won't think so when you're older:lol:

Don't know what's for dinner yet tonight; hub went to store and I'm staying home to watch my girl who had the surgery.

I'm glad you guys still enjoyed them:)

did you like seafood when you were a child? I know it's one of those things that some people like more as adults. We had the Ashkenazi stuff....herring and gefilte fish and sometimes smoked salmon, cream cheese, bagels, horseradish etc, when I was a kid and it was just part of our heritage.

But I remember one time my mom had some toast and over-easy eggs and she'd got the yolk all over the toast and was eating happily. I was appalled she'd ruin perfectly good toast:lol: I was maybe 8 - I said yuck! - when I saw she'd smothered runny egg yolk all over toast. Then I said something like - I think that's gross! or something, and she said, something like - you won't think so when you're older:lol:

Don't know what's for dinner yet tonight; hub went to store and I'm staying home to watch my girl who had the surgery.
Yes I loved it, kosher deli every Sunday for lox , bagels, and a Coke, while my dad talked to his cronies. Lots of summer picnics with my parents friend where gefilte fish made by friend's wife featured promenently. (I loathe gefilte fish, but my father loved it and told her how much I loved it to get her to make lots..)

Of course I really liked the trefe seafood even better. Howard Johnsons clams on Friday nights, shrimp almost anywhere.

ohhh I remember the kosher deli we used to go to, in a frum neighborhood!
it was one of the last ones left in that area at that time<late 70's/early 80's>, and they had real bagels and bialys too.

for a while when I was in high school we had a restaurant in our own neighborhood run by an Jewish-Israeli man and his wife, with traditional Israeli and Middle Eastern food. My dad and I loved to go there together.

Though not at all kosher, while I was growing up we generally didn't have shellfish/shrimp, clams etc

I sure remember those jewish deli kosher hot dogs that were like nothing else!

Back