What's with MEN??

ButterflyGirl said:
I didn't say that. Did I?

ur post #36 agreed with angel agreeing with AJ has said the post #32, skinny 100 with lame personality, maybe u guys mean AJ still loves his girlfriend :D

Well, I happened to be alittle overweight, And I'm a very hard worker, when working with my dad in the summer time I work 16 hours a day, and I do work around the house as cleaning, I clean fast too, I also take 2 hours of long walk to pick up my boys from school. Look at me, I'm still overweight? It has nothing to do with how much amount of food you are eating because, I only eat one meal a day. I noticed that diet pepsi has a lot of salt, which I drink that every single day, I didn't even know diet pepsi was causing me to gain weight, instead of losing weight. So, all sudden I stop drinking diet pepsi and stick with water. Even through I hate water.

Look at another side, Winter time, There isn't much anyone can do, expect go to a gym like YMCA, Curves. You have to pay for a membership when I could do it for free on my own.

People are overweight for a reason, not because they are eating too much. They could be overweight because, they have health issues, they could not have lost the weight after having kids. There are so many reasons for them to be overweight. It still nobody damn right to judge them.

If you love someone, Love them for all they are, everything, not just part of them because that's not real love. ;)

Just my two cents. :thumb:

CyberRed said:
Well, I believe that it's best to stay in a good shape rather than gettin' overweight, because when you get older - it will make things more harder to lose weight, because of immune system breaks down. It's wise to eat small portions rather than eatin' large portions. And, also keepin' up exercise to burn up the calories to keep the weight under control. Swimmin', hikin', walkin', bicyclin', and so forth can help to work out on losin' some weight.

I noticed some overweight people are havin' a problem with their breathin' when they climb up the stairs or walk that long, because they sit all day every day - and, they don't move around much to keep the blood pumpin' to give more oxygen.

Everythin' that I just mentioned above is my opinion. I believe that it is good for health to stay slim - I don't mean to say that it is good to stay THIN or SKINNY, but for the health's sake instead of gettin' overweight. Overweight will hurt the body/ and its health.

This thread is not about diet or losing the weight, its about how men/women attitudes toward overweight people are shifting from rejection toward acceptance...Some people realize that people can't help the way as being overweight....God made us all to His likeness and he did not mean for people to be mean and cruel to other people because they are overweight....I know there are alot of overweight people who don't feel good about themsevles and they try to lose the weight just to make themself feel healthy and happy again....If you can really read what others say in this topic, then you would understand why they're feeling bad about themselves because others judge them from the outside rather than looking at the person's personality....

People are human and they have feelings remember that....

FreeWoman77 said:
ur post #36 agreed with angel agreeing with AJ has said the post #32, skinny 100 with lame personality, maybe u guys mean AJ still loves his girlfriend :D
Aha that was a way of speech. What AJ meant was if he met a skinny girl with a lame personality and a 800 pound girl with a great personality, which one would he choose? He choose the 800 pound woman. If he met a skinny girl with a pleasant personality and a 800 pound with lame personality, which one would he choose? The skinny girl, of course. No he was not talking about his girlfriend.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
Look at all the women in Desperate Housewives on tv, the show is always top in tv ratings and those women are so beautiful and hot and thin.

If they were ugly, fat, or whatver, it will get low ratings.

So that is the fact, you guys can say wonderful things but you guys are liars.

And I saw on here a thread "Who is your crush tv stars" and you guys picked the thin and pretty people.

I don't see Sequoias chose Kirstie Alley and I don't see AJ picked Whoopi Goldberg or Oprah.

All men want Angelinaaaaa Jolieeee
and all women want Bradddd Pitttt.

So you guys are hypocrite.

I asked you to please say something nice, and you didn't do what I asked you to do, then you leave me no choice but to press the report button, next time think twice before you hit the submit button....

^Angel^ said:
This thread is not about diet or losing the weight, its about how men/women attitudes toward overweight people are shifting from rejection toward acceptance...Some people realize that people can't help the way as being overweight....God made us all to His likeness and he did not mean for people to be mean and cruel to other people because they are overweight....I know there are alot of overweight people who don't feel good about themsevles and they try to lose the weight just to make themself feel healthy and happy again....If you can really read what others say in this topic, then you would understand why they're feeling bad about themselves because others judge them from the outside rather than looking at the person's personality....

Well said there. You have said it better than what I tried to tell her :)

ButterflyGirl said:
Aha that was a way of speech. What AJ meant was if he met a skinny girl with a lame personality and a 800 pound girl with a great personality, which one would he choose? He choose the 800 pound woman. If he met a skinny girl with a pleasant personality and a 800 pound with lame personality, which one would he choose? The skinny girl, of course. No he was not talking about his girlfriend.

:Oops: i reread and thinkso about her girlfriend "if", thanks *step down slow*

CyberRed said:
Well, I believe that it's best to stay in a good shape rather than gettin' overweight, because when you get older - it will make things more harder to lose weight, because of immune system breaks down. It's wise to eat small portions rather than eatin' large portions. And, also keepin' up exercise to burn up the calories to keep the weight under control. Swimmin', hikin', walkin', bicyclin', and so forth can help to work out on losin' some weight.

I noticed some overweight people are havin' a problem with their breathin' when they climb up the stairs or walk that long, because they sit all day every day - and, they don't move around much to keep the blood pumpin' to give more oxygen.

Everythin' that I just mentioned above is my opinion. I believe that it is good for health to stay slim - I don't mean to say that it is good to stay THIN or SKINNY, but for the health's sake instead of gettin' overweight. Overweight will hurt the body/ and its health.

Actually, it's a fact. :) People should be doing so but just don't care enough to.

-J.

ButterflyGirl said:
I understand what you are saying here but you have to remember that it can be very hard for some people to lose weight due to some medical reasons. Also some people like me have a large body frame (big bones) that we look like we are overweight which we are not. Anyway the point we are saying in here is that some people look at others by their outside looks but what about their inner beauty?

No, the main topic is, "Why do men count appearance as a major factor?" I pretty much gave a bunch of reasons for that.

-J.

Yiffzer said:
Actually, it's a fact. :) People should be doing so but just don't care enough to.

:roll: You have no idea what you talking about, Maybe you should be overweight one day and see how it feels to be in someone's feet, Otherwise zip it up.

Cheri said:
Well, I happened to be alittle overweight, And I'm a very hard worker, when working with my dad in the summer time I work 16 hours a day, and I do work around the house as cleaning, I clean fast too, I also take 2 hours of long walk to pick up my boys from school. Look at me, I'm still overweight? It has nothing to do with how much amount of food you are eating because, I only eat one meal a day. I noticed that diet pepsi has a lot of salt, which I drink that every single day, I didn't even know diet pepsi was causing me to gain weight, instead of losing weight. So, all sudden I stop drinking diet pepsi and stick with water. Even through I hate water.

Look at another side, Winter time, There isn't much anyone can do, expect go to a gym like YMCA, Curves. You have to pay for a membership when I could do it for free on my own.

People are overweight for a reason, not because they are eating too much. They could be overweight because, they have health issues, they could not have lost the weight after having kids. There are so many reasons for them to be overweight. It still nobody damn right to judge them.

If you love someone, Love them for all they are, everything, not just part of them because that's not real love. ;)

Just my two cents. :thumb:

There are reasons behind everything. Accepting the fact that you have "health issues" is a form of denial. You said you ate only one times a day? That's really bad. That will actually make you fat! You said food has nothing to do with your weight? That's wrong. It actually affects everything, including weight. In fact, people that eat more are more healthy and lose weight more effectively than those that eat less. It may seem like an illusion but it's true.

-J.

Yiffzer said:
No, the main topic is, "Why do men count appearance as a major factor?" I pretty much gave a bunch of reasons for that.

-J.
You need to read every one of the posts in here. Obviously you are not getting what this thread is really all about.

Cheri said:
:roll: You have no idea what you talking about, Maybe you should be overweight one day and see how it feels to be in someone's feet, Otherwise zip it up.

So you don't think I'm overweight? ;) I'm actually overweight right now. Perhaps over 20 pounds. I've been skinny and fat many times. It depends entirely on my diet and how much I move. ;)

One should not have to be in someone's foot to understand how they are going through.

-J.

Yiffzer said:
So you don't think I'm overweight? ;) I'm actually overweight right now. Perhaps over 20 pounds. I've been skinny and fat many times. It depends entirely on my diet and how much I move. ;)

One should not have to be in someone's foot to understand how they are going through.

-J.

Then You shouldn't preach me about my weight issue then. I don't need your rude remarks. If you want to say something, Look at yourself, You are no better than me. Yep, I'm being blunt. :thumb:

I used to like a guy at Gallaudet and I like hanging around him because he is so funny and he makes me laugh. His inner beauty was so attractive, but we really didn't get to spend time together cause I was real busy at college and he was very likeable and nobody care if he is fat.

It isn't so hard to lose weight.... Freewoman.

Just eat maybe once a day and eat alittle snack such as chips. Stay away from bread.

ButterflyGirl said:
You need to read every one of the posts in here. Obviously you are not getting what this thread is really all about.

I didn't read any of the posts except for the OP (original post) and I answered directly to it. ;)

-J.

Cheri said:
Then You shouldn't preach me about my weight issue then. I don't need your rude remarks. If you want to say something, Look at yourself, You are no better than me. Yep, I'm being blunt. :thumb:

I wasn't rude at all. I was telling you how it really is. ;)

I was a coach for my high school track team. I'm a fitness nazi and I'm simply telling you what is right and/or wrong. Feel free to disagree but there is no reason not to. You can check with your sources to see that food does affect your weight in many ways.

Like I said... there are reasons behind everything.

-J.

Hey, let's not get ourselves astray from which this topic is concerned with, specifically about attitudes toward overweight ppls., it isn't about 'diets', etc., if one wishes to get into that, I would suggest creating a new thread related to 'diets' and/or anything else that doesn't pertain to this thread--

Thank you!

~RR

^Angel^ said:

And they also make mistakes...

What I find funny is that you state "people can't help it that they're overweight". I see this as an "easygoing" thing. Anyone can lose weight. People who say they just can't help it is just not trying at all and/or they're not understanding how dieting works. There are reasons behind everything. One can be overweight because of only one reason. They just haven't found that reason. It can have a relation with the amount of sleep you get, the amount of water you drink, the amount of exercise and how proper you do them, and the nutrition you eat. I know my reason since I'm professional in the anatomy of the human body but it's up to you guys/girls to know what works for you.

Do realize that buying quick-to-go food or "lean" food is just bullocks. They are artificial and increases likelihood of weight problems. The best solution is natural food.

-J.

Back