What was the last movie you watched?

Prisoners
Very Very good film!...excellent, i wont go to detail, but its right up there with "the Lovely Bones"..."no country for old men"...and name a few greats...
absolutely absolutely a Must Watch!!, I seldom say this for films, but this one is definitely a Must See., while these two words are now an over-used hyperbole. in this case, I really mean it, This is a Must-see. Excellent!!
Jake Gyllenhaal showed true acting skills of the highest caliber, in my book, he's one of the very best actors, right up there with Anthony Hopkins, and I'd even say he's perhaps better than Johnny Depp. Id say this once, I have notice Gyllenhaal has always seems to chose a role of complex characters and he does these with flair, he's not after 'blockbusters' hype, I think Gyllenhaal genuinely cares about acting. Supporting actors in other roles in this film did really good too. I hope this film wins (or has it?, I wouldn't know as I dislike reading about film awards in Hollywood. maybe I should paid a bit more attention i suppose, but back to this thread...this is a very good film, its not perfect there are minor flaws, but to me, these flaws are 'used' to keep its mise-en-scene intact along with the feel of a small industrial town with some believability swaying with even weights against suspension of belief.
I bloody like it!..now do yourselves a favour, want to see a good serious film, and no, its not for 'for the family' hell no. and lastly, its 'inconclusive ending' is used well, extremely effective, it really does makes for an interesting after-film conversations if you have intelligent friends around for the evening's viewing....talk about what significance of this very last scene means.
Nearing the end of 2013, I'd say this is in the top 5 movies -dead easy.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOX1msLUnOg]A Girl Like Me The Gwen Araujo Story - YouTube[/ame]

American Mary
It's less better than I expected but it's still an awesome movie! Katharine Isabelle is very gorgeous in it.

"Demolition Man", ok, it's a fairly old film now, I like it, not for Sly Stallone's acting, but the supporting cast around him.... Sandra Bullock, Wesley Snipes, Denis Leary...
Just a fun film to watch!

seen that august rush, yeah its a weird film...and yes agreed Robin Williams took a strange role for a change, my guess is he wants to prove his ability to act the baddie..as for so many films as a goodie...

seen that august rush, yeah its a weird film...and yes agreed Robin Williams took a strange role for a change, my guess is he wants to prove his ability to act the baddie..as for so many films as a goodie...

Robin Williams has played nemesis in several movies - such as Insomnia, One Hour Photo, Toys, etc...

ah he did too, how come you knew all this?? wiki? yes i remmy the one hour photo, creepy...and one other good film he was in Death to Smoochy, That was hilarious!

Not Wikipedia or IMDB. I saw lot of his films and it's easy to remember which he played bad.

Back