What to expect when taking a vacation oversea?

Cheri, if you are going to an area that has some risks.. I'd invest in travel insurance. I had to get some myself when I was travelling. Check your credit cards to see if they already have you covered with travel insurance. We care about you :)

Yes, that's right about travel insurance. It's very important...

Hey Cheri, I want to say have a great time going to Turkey and just be yourself. Have all the necessary papers ready at the airport and also do ask the airport officials if you are not sure about directions like where to go to pick up your luggage or what to do. Or just follow the people, that will reach you there. Just be happy, enjoy yourself and take care. :)

Cheri, leave your birth cert. and ssn card at home ~ id theft, ya know. Yup, passport and driver license should be enough. You obviously did your homework.

I also read a travel article about scanning your passport and driver license and emailing the files to your email account in case you need them for any emergency.

How exciting to be taking a vacation after so many years. I've heard nothing but good things about Turkey from everyone I know that has been there. Maybe you will be next!

Tell your sis to not run up your tmobile bill while you are over there... LOL

Bon voyage!

Cheri, leave your birth cert. and ssn card at home ~ id theft, ya know. Yup, passport and driver license should be enough. You obviously did your homework.

I also read a travel article about scanning your passport and driver license and emailing the files to your email account in case you need them for any emergency.

How exciting to be taking a vacation after so many years. I've heard nothing but good things about Turkey from everyone I know that has been there. Maybe you will be next!

Tell your sis to not run up your tmobile bill while you are over there... LOL

Bon voyage!

:lol: My dad has all those copies plus my flight information. When I registered on line: "Travel Registration", I added him to the listed for contract of emergency all that information goes to the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate. ;)

Thanks for all your help Liza. ;)

Thanks, Koala ;)

Liebling,

I didn't know that requires international drive license.. where can I find ?
I would like have one myself in case future, I will fly oversea..
My plan goal visit, Germany, Aussie and England (my great great great grandparents' history they lived there) Amazing I got information family tree.. wow!

Cheri,
Izmir, Turkey - nice out there.. I did checked the website under google and images.. whoa amazing beach and closer to hotel.. where more safer.. NICE.........
Wishes you have blast time your vacation.. Don't forget take picture.. (chuckles)
Hugs!

Cheri,
Izmir, Turkey - nice out there.. I did checked the website under google and images.. whoa amazing beach and closer to hotel.. where more safer.. NICE.........
Wishes you have blast time your vacation.. Don't forget take picture.. (chuckles)
Hugs!

Yup!!! I have a hotel with a balcony. :giggle: Without doubt I would take tons of pictures. I have a couple more weeks left before going to Turkey. I can't wait!! :hyper:

Yup!!! I have a hotel with a balcony. :giggle: Without doubt I would take tons of pictures. I have a couple more weeks left before going to Turkey. I can't wait!! :hyper:

Will you be back in time for Halloween? :D

Liebling,

I didn't know that requires international drive license.. where can I find ?
I would like have one myself in case future, I will fly oversea..
My plan goal visit, Germany, Aussie and England (my great great great grandparents' history they lived there) Amazing I got information family tree.. wow!

http://www.kevincoffee.com/driving/international_drivers_license.htm

My hubby applied international drive license in City Hall, Germany because we often rent a car when we travel oversea...

I hope the link helps.. it could be similar as in Canada?

wow, interesting family tree... it´s good to learn where you come from...

Correct but international driving license need to be application if you want to rent a car or van from other countries, you visit to for vacation, not just US driving license. Many countries do not accept foreign driving license to rent or use their car/van in their countries that's why apply for international driving license is the best recommandation.

yup correct. International Driver License but I highly recommend you to stick with taxis. Driving in international country especially "poorer" countries is very dangerous as drivers frequently ignored traffic rules.

Yeah I got it now. :giggle: I'm going to Izmir, Turkey for 10 days and I'm staying by the sea. :)

You are soo lucky , Turkey and Greece are two places I would love to visit. Tell Tarkan , I said hello LOL he's from Turkey

Tarkan :)
tarkan3.jpg

You are soo lucky , Turkey and Greece are two places I would love to visit. Tell Tarkan , I said hello LOL he's from Turkey

Tarkan :)
tarkan3.jpg

I don't think I'll be able to find him. :giggle: One of those days you'll have your turn to visit Turkey. ;)

I don't think I'll be able to find him. :giggle: One of those days you'll have your turn to visit Turkey. ;)

Its okay, quietly you can tell him hi :giggle: Just kidding. Do have fun on your trip overseas.

Back