What to Do If You're Alone on Valentine's Day

GarnetTigerMom

Reaction score
What to Do If You're Alone on Valentine's Day!

So its Valentine's Day, and you're all alone. Maybe you just broke with your beaux or got a divorce, maybe it's been months since you've had a lover, maybe you're partner is simply out of town. Whatever the reason, you're alone on the one holiday dedicated to togetherness. Here are a few ways to have fun and even take advantage of this Valentine's Day:

Go to a Movie with Friends
Chances are you're not the only person you know who is alone on Valentine's Day. Round up all your single friends and go out to a movie, have a fun dinner out, and then go dancing. It'll be exciting and everyone will have a great time on a not-so-great holiday for singles.

If you and your friends want to save some money, then rent a few movies, order some pizza, and have a movie night at home. You and your friends will be able to laugh shamelessly at your favorite flicks, and you'll be able to hang out and have fun together in a more comfortable setting.

Hire Yourself Out for Babysitting
If you have any babysitting experience whatsoever, you can make $100 bucks or more babysitting on the night that all parents want to go out for dinner and a date. Talk to parents you're familiar with to find a gig; if you have references and CPR training, you can make $12 or more an hour.

If you're really ambitious, become a licensed childcare provider and start a Holiday Childcare business for Valentine's Day. You can have children dropped off for Valentine's Day, and charge $35-$50 per child. You'll make tons of money with this endeavor as long as you advertise long before Valentine's Day.

Get Overtime at Work, Since Valentine's Day is an internationally recognized holiday, you might be able to earn overtime pay working on February 14th. Check out your business's policies for holiday payment on Valentine's Day, and signup to work well before all the time slots are filled.

Volunteer
If you're all alone on Valentine's Day, why not grab a friend or two and head down to the local soup kitchen or animal shelter for a few hours of volunteering? You'll receive tons of gratitude and appreciation for your work, and you'll ward off loneliness by surrounding yourself with people or pets in need. You could even adopt your very own pet after volunteering at the shelter: pets make great companions and they'll be forever loyal and loving.

Being alone on Valentine's Day can be a drag, but you don't have to be lonely on this day of love. I hope these suggestions have given you some great ideas for things to do on Valentine's Day- let me know how it goes. Have a great holiday!

:giggle:

I've got a date with Rosie Palm and her five little sisters. :)

i will go out eat with my family for valentine's days or maybe my boyfriend will come in USA for dinner maybe depends he can come or not if i would still e-mail him all the times we have wait and see.

i will go out eat with my family for valentine's days or maybe my boyfriend will come in USA for dinner maybe depends he can come or not if i would still e-mail him all the times we have wait and see.

Aww that nice, I be with my sweet baby daughter and my dog LOL :giggle:

Not sure...since my hubby have to work graveyard and he will be sleeping during the day. :( I may surprise him with something when he wakes up I dunno yet. :)

Since I have no man now and I would spend a special day with my sweet son and rent the movie. That will work for me. :D

I like the idea of opening a Holiday Childare Business and make tons of money. :giggle:

i am not sure if my hubby work that day but if he does then i will cook valentine dinner romance when he get off from work and surprise him.. grin

I will be at work spending the day with my pre-schoolers. Then come come and cook a nice dinner for Hubby and kids. (our Anniversary will be on the 17th) Sunday, after Valentines day.. We will ditch the kids, and go out that evening.

Just move on with my life! I have never had a V-day that was "not lonely"... sometimes I would help a friend win over his girl, or gift some chocolates to some old friends, but I think the world is selfish, no one really appreciates what you do whole-heartedly. Either ways, I guess this V-day isnt going to be anything special to me; life just moves on you know. I guess I would be at work, working my ass off! haha.

Just move on with my life! I have never had a V-day that was "not lonely"... sometimes I would help a friend win over his girl, or gift some chocolates to some old friends, but I think the world is selfish, no one really appreciates what you do whole-heartedly. Either ways, I guess this V-day isnt going to be anything special to me; life just moves on you know. I guess I would be at work, working my ass off! haha.

It doesnt have to be gf or bf or in marriage. I am spending time with my son. You can spend time with your friends or family and bring out the best of you and tell them you love them.

I've spent V-Day by myself until I was 27 years old. What do I do? Order pizza, and watch TV or play video games, my cats kept me company all of these years. I never dwell on these things. Even now that I'm 29, and have a boyfriend, we stay home and he cooks us up a nice dinner. That's it. No roses (ugh, I hate roses), no BS. We both hate Valentine's Day because we believe that EVERYDAY is Valentine's Day. Why should there be one day of the year that you show your love to someone?

Back