What Ticks You Off (Most) About Hearies?

Then why are you on a DEAF forum? You are obviously not here to learn.
You have a long way to go, if you think you could ever contribute contructively on this forum. Why? Because you are missing the point entirely and your attitude stinks.

I was wondering the same thing. This is a thread where the deaf can vent about the hearing. Qawaearata, deafness can affect communication with the hearing and sometimes the hearing will ignore our requests to make communcation easier or they have some misperceptions about what the deaf can do. For example, my favorite question is "can the deaf drive?" :roll: This question implies to me that the deaf shouldn't be driving.

And of course hearing like you, qawaearata , is the reason why this thread is not going to die out. We encounter people like you just about everyday. If we can't vent here on a forum for the deaf, Where the f*ck can we vent?

When a hearing person puts his palm in my face to shut me up. That is sooooooooo oppressive!

Adjustment issues at my house.

Re: info about a website

Hubby: I'll tell you.

Me: Write it down.

Hubby: I'll tell you.

Me: Don't you get that's hard?!?! :slap:

Perfect example that even when the deaf person has adjusted well, the family members, quite often, have a ways to go.

Im sorry but me being young has absolutely nothing to do with my post, if your going to be so close minded and just pick on my age then ill just stop posting, it was completely irrelevant to my points and was a retaliation of being annoyed. you dont have to like my opinions but hearing/deaf/hoh whatever does not give anyone the right to be nasty. i was asking politely. i feel like no matter what i say i am going to be discrimnated against for being able to hear, this has nothing to do with me being able to hear...i would had posted the same if i was BD

It would appear that you are not being disciminated against because you can hear, but are being rejected as a result of your attitude. BTW, I'm a hearie. The only discrimination I suffer around here is from hearing parents of deaf kids who don't understand why I don't automatically take their side. They seem to assume that just because I am a hearing parent, I should see things exactly the same way they see them, and can get quite defensive when that doesn't happen.

Correct your attitude, and try again.:wave:

BTW: no one thinks you are a bad person. They are simply trying to show you how to best get along with the Deaf/deaf members of this forum.

It would appear that you are not being disciminated against because you can hear, but are being rejected as a result of your attitude. BTW, I'm a hearie. The only discrimination I suffer around here is from hearing parents of deaf kids who don't understand why I don't automatically take their side. They seem to assume that just because I am a hearing parent, I should see things exactly the same way they see them, and can get quite defensive when that doesn't happen.

Correct your attitude, and try again.:wave:

BTW: no one thinks you are a bad person. They are simply trying to show you how to best get along with the Deaf/deaf members of this forum.

i just dont understand why i have been lead to believe i have a bad attitude, im not even interested in posting here, i just saw how someone was controlling a different posters thread. If it doesnt concern about something that ticks you off about a hearing person then dont post, but who says someone cant ask someone to please clarify, its good for others to learn and its still on topic, saying how your hearing and your sorry is not acceptable is what i was saying.. Im not even mad/pissed until i got insulted because my age and was told because hearing people are dicks to deaf/hoh i got a taste of my own medicine? I have many deaf friends, i have deaf teachers and a deaf family now...they dont act like this hearing vs deaf bull and it makes it a lot better, am i to apologize for hearing? at least u spoke with me, i got attacked for disagreeing with a "alldeaf VIP". I am not here to "learn" im here because i love asl, i love my deaf friends/family, and i like reading what people do from day to day..i still have no idea what i did to be SLAMMED for hearing/being young?? if you want to be treated equal then here i am, i will treat u the same and if i ever got told i deserve to be treated different because i was black i would be livid just as well, so im not going to pretend like i was not insulted just because im on a deaf forum. You cant say being deaf causes one to be rude, i have a lot of friends on here, i learned the culture for myself, not for anyone else, ill be damned if i am to be treated differently because of other hearing people, It was just a request that some people might want to ask a more in depth question about a post, there was no need to be rude and whatever it is that you have bottesini against hearing you need to get over it, thats prejudiced and in poor taste in my personal opinion.That is the SAME as me hating the ENTIRE jewish race because there are a few sour apples.... stop trying to turn this around like i dont know anything and im just another stupid hearie, im SO sorry i can hear... Jillio, thank you for talking to me as a person and not a hearing/deaf, i appreciate it :).

Last edited:
I was wondering the same thing. This is a thread where the deaf can vent about the hearing. Qawaearata, deafness can affect communication with the hearing and sometimes the hearing will ignore our requests to make communcation easier or they have some misperceptions about what the deaf can do. For example, my favorite question is "can the deaf drive?" :roll: This question implies to me that the deaf shouldn't be driving.

And of course hearing like you, qawaearata , is the reason why this thread is not going to die out. We encounter people like you just about everyday. If we can't vent here on a forum for the deaf, Where the f*ck can we vent?

I understand where u are coming from, and that is exactly what doesnt need to be posted here like the "wait, you cant fly airplanes if your deaf post" "i apologize for the other hearing " it is insulting, degrading, and annoying. but if you post for example, you hate when parents make their children get CI's at a young age and a hearing person asks what a CI is, i dont think they should be told they are a pet peeve. I CANT even believe i am defending myself, its terrible how fast people gang up and turn on me when i actually get it, i explain why a deaf baby is a blessing and theres nothing "wrong" with them, explaining how interrupting and just starting to sign to someone because they're deaf is rude because they just want to fingerspell their name and feel cool.. after ALL THE SHIT ive gotten from "fellow hearing" trying to stop their ignorance and vigorously defending my friends i am completely ashamed to see how i am being treated by the a culture i actually care about. To be completely honest i rather have just been called a N*gger then spit on. Before everyone thinks im picking on a deaf member and jumps down my throat, read what i wrote before you make me feel like absolute crap. To say people "like me" when you don't know anything about me was ridiculous, if this is how you treat "people like me" and made an assumption because i can hear "i dont get anything, and i never will" then maybe im not welcome here..

I understand where u are coming from, and that is exactly what doesnt need to be posted here like the "wait, you cant fly airplanes if your deaf post" "i apologize for the other hearing " it is insulting, degrading, and annoying. but if you post for example, you hate when parents make their children get CI's at a young age and a hearing person asks what a CI is, i dont think they should be told they are a pet peeve. I CANT even believe i am defending myself, its terrible how fast people gang up and turn on me when i actually get it, i explain why a deaf baby is a blessing and theres nothing "wrong" with them, explaining how interrupting and just starting to sign to someone because they're deaf is rude because they just want to fingerspell their name and feel cool.. after ALL THE SHIT ive gotten from "fellow hearing" trying to stop their ignorance and vigorously defending my friends i am completely ashamed to see how i am being treated by the a culture i actually care about. To be completely honest i rather have just been called a N*gger then spit on. Before everyone thinks im picking on a deaf member and jumps down my throat, read what i wrote before you make me feel like absolute crap. To say people "like me" when you don't know anything about me was ridiculous, if this is how you treat "people like me" and made an assumption because i can hear "i dont get anything, and i never will" then maybe im not welcome here..

You are doing the same thing again. You have no need to justify yourself. No one suggested people who hear don't post at AD. It was pointed out by several that this thread is not for hearing people to justify themselves.

And that you should have no need to keep saying how you are not a bad person.

It does look like you will never learn that it is not a personal slam, but that you are putting all your emotions in the wrong place.

Interesting reading this thread- how "ideology" can "alter one's perception".
As a bilaterally deaf person-almost 5 years- ongoing intermural exercise-who is real deaf?

Terminal point?

The sheer unreality of discussing such a huge number of persons- hearing- negates the exercise. How many "hearing people' does actually interact with in daily life.? Does one actually believe everyone YOU know is really trying to "oppress" you? Can one use other categories_"race/ethnic classification" to isolate "deafness" in one's self perception? Is sociology now the key to understanding humans?

Implanted Sunnybrook/Toronto Advanced Bionics-Harmony activated Aug/07

As a bilaterally deaf person-almost 5 years- ongoing intermural exercise-who is real deaf?

Terminal point?

The sheer unreality of discussing such a huge number of persons- hearing- negates the exercise. How many "hearing people' does actually interact with in daily life.? Does one actually believe everyone YOU know is really trying to "oppress" you? Can one use other categories_"race/ethnic classification" to isolate "deafness" in one's self perception? Is sociology now the key to understanding humans?

Wasn't sociology previously the key to understanding humans also?
I personally interact with hearing people who are relatives on an almost daily basis, but I suppose that doesn't actually count.

And I don't know about the word oppress, but a lifetime of being different has definitely had an effect on the way my personality was shaped.

people with medical deafness who think they are Deaf. And can tell me how great speech is

I can sometimes heard bell sound look like I remove on cochlear implant off, bell almost tinnitus weird stranger I remove it might medication I think so cause affect issues on system!

I can sometimes heard bell sound look like I remove on cochlear implant off, bell almost tinnitus weird stranger I remove it might medication I think so cause affect issues on system!

You mean you hear it without your hearing aid on? Maybe you can check with your doctor if any of your medication can cause tinnitus?

You mean you hear it without your hearing aid on? Maybe you can check with your doctor if any of your medication can cause tinnitus?

I figure out see on check issue son beep and I find out soon talk to my audiogology I Hope solve check make sure,
I wonder I Notice it my implant fuzzy remove odd

I puzzled it sound interesting It is very notice right my implant fuzzy beep weird!

inmate123- re real/medical/physical deafness- SILENCE- VS self described "cultural deafness" even though HEARING. No comment. I had NO problem in determing I was deaf since December 20, 2006. Real easy-just disconnect my Cochlear Implant-every time I go swimming.
It is futile word exercise around the term "deaf". Deliberate done? What is the real effect on anyone's life-problematical? If one wants to study Sociology-culture -enjoy.

The reality of interacting with anyone's multiple known persons -friends relatives- who are "hearing" should be a immediate check to the "wild hypothesis RE hearing oppression".

I know: escape to the Trappist monastery- real quiet in ASL et al. Realistic?

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

What I hate most about hearing people? Some talk to me like Im not deaf just b/c I can talk good. For example, fast food cashiers know I lip-read b/c I am looking at their lips. They try so hard to cover their lips and talk at same time. What I do is, I ignore their fucking asses.

I also hate hearing people are confused about my deafness. Oh, look, he wears a hearing aid so he must hear everything. Bullshit! I wear hearing aid so I can hear some and sounds.

Another thing I hate about hearing people. Dont judge and mock deaf people unless you are deaf. Know what Im saying?

Know what really gets me with hearies? They like to cockblock deaf dudes b/c they think it is funny and get away with it b/c they think we dont understand. Talking about boner killers,man.

Back