What The F*ck Is Going On!?!?!

AJ said:
91 people have viewed this thread....only a few people posted. why aren't people speaking up??? stand up for yourself! dont take this bullshit anymore! we need to get these people out of here!
Sorry, I have a life outside of AD. I've been tenting by the lake for a couple days, sans computer.

IMHO, if someone doesn't like participating in AD, they can just withdraw. It isn't necessary to make a formal announcement unless one is seeking strokes and sympathy, or just enjoys dramatic flare. It seems that people who are sincere about leaving just quit posting. Those who announce their leaving seem to desire a rush of postings that beg them not to leave. Then, after a grand show of support, hugs, and kumbaiya, the "quitter" blushes (ahh shucks, I didn't know you cared), and decides to stay.

"Leaving" AD is not the end of the world. Sure, we miss other posters and their input. But sometimes people just need a break or their lives are too busy for AD time.

Some posters need to take chill pills (or a cup of tea), breathe deeply, and not take everything so personally.

Personally, I would like to see people disagree without using profanity but I guess that is expecting too much.

Anyway, those are my two centavos.

yeah i know, im sorry. when im pissed or angry i yell at people i care about. i try to push them away. i didn't mean to hurt you guys.
Did any of you ever stop to consider that this may be why some of the one's that this topic is directed at act the way they do at times? Don't many of us lash out when we feel we are being attacked, belittled, degraded, offended, etc? Sometimes it is so easy to see our own POV's that we never stop to consider how our words may affect others (myself included).

first of all AJ has apologize for his behavior (just in case I dont know your gender). 2nd of all I do agree with reba about some members posting inform us that they are leaving is really waste of time. I hate to see people post it say that they are leaving in public and hope there would be a drama or something that member may have look for such as attention and sympathy (depend on reasons). I think simple just ask moderator to delete your account if you are really consider of leaving and leave the site quietly that would have some peace that way.

Eve said:
Did any of you ever stop to consider that this may be why some of the one's that this topic is directed at act the way they do at times? Don't many of us lash out when we feel we are being attacked, belittled, degraded, offended, etc? Sometimes it is so easy to see our own POV's that we never stop to consider how our words may affect others (myself included).

amen

AJ said:
yeah i know, im sorry. when im pissed or angry i yell at people i care about. i try to push them away. i didn't mean to hurt you guys.

Okay.. just don't yell at me.. just whisper to me! :hug: :ily:

I haven't been here long enough to really have an input, but I'm on another board, and I'll just say that it goes in waves. Full moon? Change of the seasons? Bad karma in the world?

I think people are stressed and touchy about hurricanes, gas prices, the economy...it comes out here because it's like society concentrated.

My advice is for people to chill. Say what you have to say, and then before you click send, read it out loud. Read it like you're going to read it in front of kids. Would you still say it? IF not, you should reconsider whether it's something your proud to own.

*snip*
Eve said:
Sometimes it is so easy to see our own POV's that we never stop to consider how our words may affect others (myself included).

Good insight, Eve. Often I choose to not reply in a thread or to a post because I have the feeling that there is only one kind of view welcomed; I usually add another perspective - and I like it more when it's welcomed. Less stress for me, and it works for me in this way. I would rather invest more of my energy doing things at home that needs to be taken care of. It might be different for everyone else. I respect that, too.

I have started some threads or made thoughtful replies that never have gotten a reply but I don't complain or panic that AD must be going to hell through a basketball hoop. :) It just means that everyone agrees with me. *ducks* ;) Wait, is hell freezing over already?

If people want to leave AD, don't worry - most usually return when they are more ready to do so. It is not easy for some folks in a very large forum with a very high number of members from all walks of life participating at once. If you miss some of these folks leaving AD, be sure to get their MSN/AIM contacts so you can continue to chat with them elsewhere.

Bullym0m said:
I suggest this thread closed..

Any seconds ?
First I suggest your signture to be smaller.

second it's not your thread and you can leave the thread as you wish.

third and final, you are not a moderator.

AJ said:
why do u want my thread closed?
Just ignore 'em, man...you know alot of members always complain when they don't wish to see what they expect to see in people's threads...I guess it's just because they are are too bored and has nothing else to do and just want someone to come up with a better thread or whatever like that so they dont really know how to show some respect and all...so if there's a thread you are not interested in, then don't even bother replying it.

thats what I do when I'm not interested in some threads to reply anyway but just look around before I decide if I want to say something or not.

Steel said:
First I suggest your signture to be smaller.

second it's not your thread and you can leave the thread as you wish.

third and final, you are not a moderator.
you are not a moderator<~~ :confused: Excus'n moi, aren't your job say that!

This is not my thread... but I'm saying "SUGGEST" Can't you read my finger spelling "suggest".

Did I say LOCKED this thread? Hell no..

:dizzy: ~ Rolls my eyes up.

Last edited:
what is the difference between closed and locked??

and u still have not answered why u want my thread closed

Bullym0m said:
Dokey, VVha...ever! :D
Now yours!
*nodd'n*~ :D
you know I always think your very very very strange... :|

never a moment when I thought you are awesome or mature or anything like that...so okay "VVha...ever!"

:ugh:

Steel said:

never a moment when I thought you are awesome or mature or anything like that...so okay "VVha...ever!"

be nice

Steel said:

Anyone can say the same thing about you, dearie! To each their own. :P

Back