What makes you unique?

:lol: Sneaker

Derek, I think you were wrong about not being special or having anything to add. I'm glad dreamer commented on this. I think you have a lot of things that make you - you - not "just you" , but a worthwhile and interesting person-

I know what makes me unique!!!! I love Justin Bieber!!( oo gosh i think my nose just grew a few inches from that lie)

In my case, I would say one look at me, and you wouldn't know I'm an accountant! ;)

It is bad air in those cities he is tougher than I am. I outgrew the asthma then smoked for 25 years then quit, now it bothers me some.

Great on the races! It is a whole different thing to compete. That takes drive and determination!

It is great exercise and calms the inside. I used to feel close to God and at peace with the wild natural world around me as I found my pace and get in that zone where I could go for miles out as far as I could and exhausted then come all the way back a different way in another zone again.
My short runs were around 9 miles and the longer ones only around 14 to 17 and stayed on natural ground. I liked a lot of uphill and down.
The injuries really put a hurt on me. I walk for miles on the job so there wasn't much left after that. The left foot is back the right foot is still improving. All the places I used to run are full of outdoor enthusiasts now. I have moved north but am not there for a while. It is a climbing and cross country skiing paradise there near McKinley Park. I will soon be able to do those things again. The running is over. :)

I climb too!
Have you tried barefoot shoes to regain your right foot?

:wave:

I love spicy food.

Did not learn to tell time or count money til high school.

I took Arabic in 8th grade - it was mistake as I was in a class for Spanish but the original teacher wasn't there so the teacher who was there - he asked - what do you want to learn? He had 4 or 5 languages he knew - he asked if anyone was interested in Arabic. We were like, why not? So, that's how my Spanish class became my Arabic class.

When I was a kid I could write with one of my feet.

Have you ever tried ghost peppers? My boyfriends friend is Indian and he had ghost pepper salsa. Ah! So hot.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhE9h6dd0fU]Ghost Pepper CupCake Prank - YouTube[/ame]

I skipped the course about < > mean median mode because I moved during that section and my new class already knew it. It still confuses me, and I have to imagine pacman eating the bigger number. Plain English? Pshh.

What's the coolest phrase you know in Arabic? One of the languages I learned was French and when I was studying it in grade school (6th grade?) I pinned "Je ne se pas encore morte" (I'm not dead yet) on my door. How's studying for exams? Not dead yet. Finish your homework? Not dead yet. It's weirdly one of the nicest phrases to roll off your tongue... Haha

Aaaand I think we need a video of this foot writing thing... Lol

nothing special about me. I am just very ordinary. Maybe I am just too tired to really dig deep right now.

nothing special about me. I am just very ordinary. Maybe I am just too tired to really dig deep right now.

You are very unique because you care about your friends and family. Also you had help being a teacher for the Deaf school so the Deaf students can understand you in ASL about subjects. In the mainstream school, it is hard to understand what the hearing teacher said in the classroom, even with ASL interpreters. That is what I like about having ASL teachers teaching subjects like English or Math or Science or any subjects that the Deaf students want to learn. You also are very active person doing things like going camping or doing the exercise outside. You just like to have fun. That is really special that you are unique. Now you can rest. :D

Crayfish hunting is a little bit redneck, but more Creole than redneck, so there is refinement there.

To be a true redneck, you have to be really, really tacky. You also have to make inappropriate jokes and flirt with women half your age in front of your wife (something I haven't yet mastered). Just a good example would be to leave Christmas ornaments on your house all year long. You can also use a telephone cable spool and make it into a coffee table. Faded T-shirts with underarm sweat stains are the best!!

In my personal l experience with rednecks they all where racist. When I lived in Northern California the rednecks would stop my Black friends on the road to my house and want to know where they think they where going. And when I was a Black man we stopped at a gas station owned by a redneck and he would not let use the women or men restrooms .

Shel, I think good teachers are special and amazing people. And I bet you're a great teacher:D

Bebonang, you had good words for Shel, I liked what you wrote:D

ohmylight, heard of ghost peppers but not tried, they may be -too- hot for me:lol:

Sadly, don't recall any Arabic except the transliterated "as-salaam alaikum" and the reply, know what it sounds like and can recognize the writing as "Arabic"

yea, the foot-writing thing...ahh the joys and fancy of childhood....

Back