What kind of software that you using for watch DVD movie?

Interactual is the program I uses. It has actual closed caption. I really love it than watching subtitles with no sound. Closed Caption tells me everything happening in the story. It has PC and MAC...

InterActual Home

Actually, it's bad software. It forced me to install in order to watch some movies included Bionicle and TMNT 1-3 movies. They wont play in other media players but DVD players. I have 22" widescreen monitor.

I pefer Nero Vision from Nero 8 and PS2 to watch the movies.

I dont really watch DVDs on computers, but you can use VLC Player. It's available for Windows, OSX and Linux. Usually, WinDVD or PowerDVD is good for playing DVDs. Windows Media Player does its job, too, but it's not as nice and WinDVD or PowerDVD.

Here's what I like most about VLC player. Sometimes, if you download a movie and a separate subtitle file, sometimes the subtitle might seem out-of-sync with a movie. With VLC player, you can adjust the subtitle timing and force it to be in-sync with a movie. And VLC player can play a lot of different formats "out of the box".
I agree.

I used to use Windows Media Player and Quicktime, but I was always having to update the drivers or download a bunch of codec so that they would work with some videos that I downloaded.

After I downloaded VLC Player, I found that it was a lot easier. It can even fix videos that aren't playable in other movie players.

For instance, if there's a video clip that is corrupted and only plays the first 70%. Windows Media Player won't let you jump anywhere in the video and you're stuck with playing it from the beginning to the end. With VLC Player, I can jump anywhere I want. :)

I've been using VLC Player to watch my anime. ;)

I actually using the InterVideo aka WinDVD player the most. Sometime I use Window media if necessary. I haven't a try PowerDVD nor QuickTime Player

PowerDVD all the way! I have to download it (the newer version) cause I just got a new computer (about friggin' time!), and WMP doesn't support HD resolution or some shit like that. Stupid Bill Gates...

PowerDVD all the way! I have to download it (the newer version) cause I just got a new computer (about friggin' time!), and WMP doesn't support HD resolution or some shit like that. Stupid Bill Gates...

You means BD or just video format? WMP do support HD, you need find HD video at 1280 x 720 or above.

I tried to play a DVD on my computer in WMP, and it wouldn't play. Said the colour and screen resolution was too high. Tried lowering it, but it didn't work.

I'm using Apple DVD Player to watch DVD movies, it's great software that included with deinterlace feature and true CC support (full customize, including with white text and solid black background), it's exclusive for Mac.

For Windows, I'm using WMP to watch DVD with CC, it's okay but not good as Apple DVD Player, also I'm hardly to watch movies on Windows.

What about you?

Apple Dvd player, VLC, and WMP 11

I agree.

I used to use Windows Media Player and Quicktime, but I was always having to update the drivers or download a bunch of codec so that they would work with some videos that I downloaded.

After I downloaded VLC Player, I found that it was a lot easier. It can even fix videos that aren't playable in other movie players.

For instance, if there's a video clip that is corrupted and only plays the first 70%. Windows Media Player won't let you jump anywhere in the video and you're stuck with playing it from the beginning to the end. With VLC Player, I can jump anywhere I want. :)

I've been using VLC Player to watch my anime. ;)

Windows Media Player won't let you jump anywhere in the video and you're stuck with playing it from the beginning to the end.

Wrong, Your MPV is outdate! MPV11 ain't stuck with playing it from the beginning to the end. It's work perfect for me plus smooth on the HD movie too.

Too bad, PowerDVD can play blu-ray and HD-DVD (died)

Yeah, the strange part is that you can encode and author movies for Blu-ray on Mac, yet lack the ability to watch Blu-ray movies.

Eventually they will update it.

PowerDVD has been recently updated to version 8. It can now play Blu-Ray movies.

Back