What kind of job do you do?

DeafSCUBA98 said:
when going to sioux falls, SD? i only live nearly 2 hours from Sioux falls :D

I went there for Deaf Women United National Conference in Sioux Falls, SD. That state is flat and alot of farm. Interesting...

PurpleRose71 said:
I work as a Residential Care Support Worker for The DeafBlind Association -- in a group home with 5 intellectually disabled people. I help get them up for the day, showered/bathed...make meals and drive/pick up to and from placements.

Now it's changed as I no longer work there -- ceased employment with them in September 2003...since then, I've picked up a few casual jobs which means I wait until I hear from them and pick up shifts that are available.
For one month, I worked for an oil filter factory (where Red Rum currently works) -- before Christmas 2003. Then no work until 16th of January this year -- worked as a cleaner on a cleaning team for the duration of the Australian Open (tennis comp) in Melbourne.
After that...nothing -- kept on looking for jobs online and in newspapers. Landed a job with an International company that looks after different branches of services. I work in the branch of At Home Care Services --

Nowadays -- I only work 2.5 hours a week with the international company. :( Not happy, Jan. Been scouring the Internet for jobs and in newspapers for a FULL time job..not an easy thing to find. *sighing*

mannnnnn a yr ago was doing construction til shit hit the fan with my ex bro in law, NOW im currently WORKING yes WORKING as a Pending Certified Deaf Interpter and babysitting and making damn sure a somebody doesn't fall off the couch RME .. anyway :) thats me :)

I work part-time at a local drugstore.. for almost 4 years.. I stock stuff on shelves and do go-backs (stuff that customers tend to change mind not wanting to pay at last min) :cool:

Retired from the military, now I am an interpreter for a private agency.

Reba....hi
Did you put in 20 years in the military? What job or jobs did you hold/perform in which branch?

Seven years active duty Navy, 17 years Naval Reserve.
Journalist (7 active), Radioman (4 Reserve), Journalist (13 Reserve).
Various jobs: editor, photographer, media relations, administration, communications, command staff; mostly desk jockey.
No ships, sigh....Women weren't allowed sea duty during my active years, and very rare during my reserve years. I enlisted as a "WAVE" (yeah, I am that old; me and John Paul Jones were shipmates, ha, ha).
Favorite job (not), official observer for female sailors and officers for random "pee" tests for drugs. Unlike civilian world, military must "observe positive flow" to ensure no cheating. Ugh!

Currently I am an 3rd year University Student studying Bachelor of Arts majoring in Politics and minoring in History. No job for me. Well, sometimes I get called up to do some stint as a babysitter for my sister's offsprings, but that does not happen much now.

My first job from 1980 to 1985
I work as Data Processor for Police Criminal Unit in 1980 in London after 1-year course at college in Derbyshire. I quitted my good job to marry & move to live in Germany in September 1985.

My second job from 1986 to ????
I got job after 3-month unemployment in January 1986. I work for military/Army caserne.
At first I work as Data Processor for employees/employers duty hours/leave/sick/unpaid leave/maternity leave etc. from 1986 to 1991 then change to better job at other Division with better paid to Public Utilities Assistant till ?????

During 2 pregnancies, 8 weeks maternity leave, 3 years mother care after birth to my son then return to same place. Accord the law the employer’s duty to keep my job position until I return to work up to 3 years mother care if I want to keep my job. I would never give my good job up for being full time housewife & mom.

Together 25 years work for Government Act till now then till ??????

updates : now in end of August would be my fifth years work same company as i post in the previous .... whoo whoo... finally reach 5th years wow .. times sure fly so fast .... I always thoughts to leave my work but somehow it seem not allow me to leave lol

My occupation are:

candidate for political office

Freelance work for many campaigns (volunteer work) around Twin Cities area...

knightwolf68 said:
I work for Secretary of State for 4 years now. I am Admin. Asst. III as i run the scanner that goes into websites for the clients that they are check their own forms to meet their needs.

Are you still work for SOS? Do they deal w/ elections?? I know current MN SOS, Mary Kiffmeyer and former SOS Joan Anderson Growe... you can go to www.sos.state.mn.us

racheleggert said:
Are you still work for SOS? Do they deal w/ elections?? I know current MN SOS, Mary Kiffmeyer and former SOS Joan Anderson Growe... you can go to www.sos.state.mn.us

yes we do deal with the elections what so big pain in butt !!! also, here is the websites the example what we work for ... http://www.sos.state.co.us/

some SOS aren't same job like what we do ... some state do deal with taxes stuffs or MVD or something like that ... which we don't deal with Taxes in some way and MVD ...

Last edited:
My jobs

Hi I am a glass beadmaker and learning to be an interpreter. I just got a new job sewing and embroidering funky hats. Hope all goes well.
Tara

tekkmortal said:
:eek: 25 years is a long time!

Yeah, since I was 17 years old.

September 1980 to September 1985 in England
January 1986 to .....now in Germany

Total 25 years work for Government to 2004. 24 years more then I´ll be retirement (aged 65)... :fingersx:

I rather to stick my job than living dole.

knightwolf68 said:
updates : now in end of August would be my fifth years work same company as i post in the previous .... whoo whoo... finally reach 5th years wow .. times sure fly so fast .... I always thoughts to leave my work but somehow it seem not allow me to leave lol

You will be surprise, how the time flew by fast !! I have been with Federal Government for twenty-three years ! Yikes !

I work part time at Post Options Business Center, which is similar to Mailbox ETC. I sort mail and stuff them in their private mail boxes. It's a gay oriented business because tons of gay business and non profit orgs. and people have their mailboxes. It's a foundation to gay community for communication. I'm not gay though, I just happen to work there. :)

Last edited:
Yay Yay!

I m unemployed.. got my wish granted.. laid off from Boeing Company as an Electricial Techinican for Globemaster III cargo plane.

Now I am bound for world travel!

Finally landed a new full time permenant job and also full time student. Will start working next week. School will start on 23rd of August. Busy woman soon.

Back