what kind of hearing loss you have?

My most depended on left ear is profound. My least depended on right ear is severe. The reason I depended more on my profound ear is that I got a hearing aid in that ear from an early age whereas I didn't get a hearing aid for the better ear until I was 10.

I'm waiting for a CI for the profound ear as the loss increased last year from 90db to about 110-120db.

I have bilateral sensorineural profound hearing loss. Since having my CI, (for a year) I now hear at 15-20DB across the board.

DeafSCUBA98 said:
u can try vochical rehabilation (sp?) they provide free hearing aids..

i dunno my loss :dunno: :P

they wouldnt provide free hearing aids for me and we have to pay it out of our pockets! :pissed:

severe to profound, sensori-neural, both ears.

I'm waiting for a CI for the profound ear as the loss increased last year from 90db to about 110-120db.

I am be very curious how will you like it, how it will work out.. .
I will get one too, if I will ever need it.

Fuzzy

It seems HIHL, like in my case? However, I have slight loss at lower frequencies, but it is side-effect of chemo. My loss is as follows:
From 20 - 1500 Hz, slight, 15-25 dB
At 2 kHz, mild loss (35/40 dB)
At 3 kHz, moderate loss (40/45 dB)
At 4 kHz, moderate loss (50/55 dB)
At 6 kHz, severe loss (65/65 dB)
At 8 kHz, severe loss (80 dB)
At higher it is profound I think, but it was not measured. Left ear is slightly better than the right one. I wear Oticon Ergo digital HA adjusted to my righ, but I wear it over the left one simetimes.
What type of HA do you wear?

Teresh said:
A slope hearing loss of the sensorineural variety.

From 20 - 1500 Hz, good hearing.
From 2 - 3 kHz, moderate (40 dB) hearing loss.
From 4 - 8 kHz, severe (70 dB) hearing loss.
From 12 - 20 kHz, profound (90 - 100 dB) hearing loss.

Speech generally occurs between 300 and 3000 Hz, for reference.

Back