What kind of Christmas tree do you put up for the holiday?

If you have a male dog he might think you gave him an indoor toilet for a Christmas present! My dog is a male and he love to pee on trees!

:lol: I am sure you are right and he would.

That's awesome! I should recommend that to my local library for next year. Collect books starting in November to build a Christmas tree, then the books could be donated to needy children.

I love your idea of making a tree out of books for needy children!

When I was young the tree was fake. Then for a few years my parents got a real tree and I miss it.
I am thinking of surprising them with a medium potted evergreen that I will decorate. I like thinking I can go to the local nature preserve and plant it after Christmas. LOL

When I was young the tree was fake. Then for a few years my parents got a real tree and I miss it.
I am thinking of surprising them with a medium potted evergreen that I will decorate. I like thinking I can go to the local nature preserve and plant it after Christmas. LOL

I love that idea!!!

I also have a small red nylon net tree up that my grandmother made. She took strips of nylon net and gathered them up into different sizes of circles and threaded them over a dowel. Stuck the dowel into a block of Styrofoam and plunked a red glittered ball onto the top with Elmer's glue. I got the tree as a gift from her for my 5th Christmas (5 years old) and I still put it up year after year. 42 years this year.

here's my little christmas tree :)

67815_10100268922399239_8825246_58779025_1635891_n.jpg

25hzmtx.png

Here is my tree I rescued from the driveway bank in infancy and is now big enough to hold ornaments.

So you rescue dogs and trees? ;)

Yes. :hmm: Although I had not thought of it as an odd juxtaposition before.

I feel sorry for little trees that are in the wrong place for healthy growth , also.

No tree here. Too much work for me. I don't decorate for any holiday. Especially Xmas. I hate Xmas.

Got a fake one, it had been passed on to me from my parents (they had it for 10 years) I had it for 4 years. I prefer fake over real since I have pets and don.t want them to eat/step on the needles.

I love real noble fir trees. But for the last 7 years have not had one. We have used fake trees instead. I do like the fake trees.... fewer spiders in the house to chase and torment me.:eek:

I live along and I feel lonelier on holidays , I do go to see my daughter and granddaughter , but when I did back home my house feel emptier. Holidays
are hard for some people and I am one of them! And like I said my mother is gone and that really made holidays harder.

Back