What kind of car wud u like to have ??

Xero said:
A perfect example as to why a girl should not mod a car. No offense :laugh2:

-.- and women are safer drivers than men~ :whistle:

I would like have a 67 or 68 Shebly Corba with 427 and c-6 and 4.11 gears and zoom thur the wind!

Casperman said:
I would like have a 67 or 68 Shebly Corba with 427 and c-6 and 4.11 gears and zoom thur the wind!

ahhh i love these classic mustangs. i was previous junky mustang idiotic owner. i sold it when i was in high school.

'67 Shelby GT500 is the sweatest in the mustang gene. i would name Eleanor after "gone in 60 second" the movie's mustang. :)

Justin Sane said:
:ugh:

I am big fan of ford, and I dont like explorer at all.

ouch ! ur hurting my feeling. i m explorer owner. i love it every minute i drive ! it ll pass 220,000 miles next week or 2 week and it runs greatly. it only needs a bath ! heh.

Reba said:
I am thinking about trading my 2000 Durango for a Jeep Liberty 2005, gas or diesel. We already have a 2001 Durango (with 3rd row seat) when we need to haul family or stuff, so we really don't need two. I need a smaller car for my job commuting, easier parking (the college where I work has undersize parking spaces and tight rows), and better gas mileage. Any opinions?

try honda insight ? it is really tiny hybrid car that can run about 670 miles per tank !

deafclimber said:
i m explorer owner. i love it every minute i drive ! it ll pass 220,000 miles next week or 2 week and it runs greatly. it only needs a bath ! heh.

Oh right, my explorer also needs a bath. It is very comfortable for me to drive my truck. It saves some gas for a long trip which surprised me.

But, I would rather exchange it for a hybrid or H20 truck because I really care about environment. People have been saying that it is a long overdue.

webexplorer said:
Oh right, my explorer also needs a bath. It is very comfortable for me to drive my truck. It saves some gas for a long trip which surprised me.

But, I would rather exchange it for a hybrid or H20 truck because I really care about environment. People have been saying that it is a long overdue.

indeed. i plan to get a hybrid suv because i really need truck for offroading to rock climbing areas... i have been abusing my explorer on off roading even through it is not 4x4. i crossed some bulky rocks, rivers, and trees. heh. it rocks.

my finacee and i have been talking about hybrid cars or suv alot. it looks like we will get it next yr or two. i wud love my explorer keeps running til 1,000,000 miles. :) i m not sure about H2O because i dont know if my state will provide h20 at gas stations. i need to research more on that... i am interested in biodiesel. that is why if i get diesel truck then i would get biodiesel stuffs for that truck.

it wud be awesome to have H3H (hummer 3 hydrogen) i dont know if it will be on market. H2H will come out on streets soon.

check h2h - http://www.hummer.com/popups/world/h2hydrogen.html

P.S: sorry it is :topic:

Last edited:
deafclimber said:
try honda insight ? it is really tiny hybrid car that can run about 670 miles per tank !
It is only two-passenger size. I need at least four-passenger size.

deafclimber said:
... i m not sure about H2O because i dont know if my state will provide h20 at gas stations. i need to research more on that...
I thought water was a biproduct of hydrogen engines, not the fuel. The fuel is hydrogen, correct? I don't think you put water into the car. I think the water comes out of the car after the hydrogen processes. I am not sure. ???

There are only certain gas stations in California that sell hydrogen.
There are a handful of stations currently operating in California, with the bulk located in the southern part of the state and a few more in the San Francisco and Sacramento areas. Hydrogen is currently priced at about $4.50 per kilogram...
http://www.carsmart.com/content/sha...m/article_page_order_int/2/article_id_int/627

I looked at the Hummer link. It says that water vapor is an emission of the car. That is what comes out, not what goes in.

Gov. Arnold's goal is a CA statewide network of hydrogen pumps by 2010.

But how much do they cost?

I test drove a Jeep Liberty last night. The dealer insisted that I try it "off-road". So, we drove thru a big steep ditch. It was fun! My youngest grandson was with us. He loved the ditch ride! Now I think he expects grammy to drive that way all the time. ;)

WHOA!!!! Dealer insisted ya???? That is rather unusual. I think he is just trying to prove the Jeep thing!

Jeep Liberty is sucessor of Jeep Cherokee. I have Jeep Cherokee with muscle 4.0 litre High Output engine. I LOVE this baby! Even though it was stolen and recovered (With damages) 2 years ago. I have NOT had single problem with it.

My next dream car would be Jeep Renegale or Sahara. I wanted one that is seriously designed for off road.

I have been GM fan for years, until I had Jeep, my experience with Jeep had gave me doubts with GM being realiable vehicle anymore. So, hell I am in for Jeep!

Reba said:
I test drove a Jeep Liberty last night. The dealer insisted that I try it "off-road". So, we drove thru a big steep ditch. It was fun! My youngest grandson was with us. He loved the ditch ride! Now I think he expects grammy to drive that way all the time. ;)

Not to me! Vette interiors is rather crampy for me! I have sat in vette couple times, never ride though but this give me creepy feeling that if I were riding this and sped away and got crashed in creepy tiny space? No thanks!
Im in for SUV!

Ant c5 said:
2006 Corvette Z06..Hell yeah:bowdown:

diehardbiker65 said:
WHOA!!!! Dealer insisted ya???? That is rather unusual. I think he is just trying to prove the Jeep thing!
Yeah, it surprised me. First, I was just driving around the Jeep parking lot. Then, the dealer said, drive over to that grass. I said, "you mean drive on the grass?" He said, yes. OK, I did that. Then he said, "drive down that big ditch, and then up again between those other cars." I said, "really?" He said, "yes, really". So I did it. Steep down, and the steep up, sharp turn. Grandson shouting "whoa!" and laughing.

The dealer said they call that area "the hole", and they use it all the time for test drives. I was surprised how well the Jeep handled, especially since the grass and ditch were wet from rain, and the one I was driving was not a 4x4.

One more thing surprised me. No plugs or wires, none! I guess I have not been keeping up with automotive changes.

diehardbiker65 said:
Not to me! Vette interiors is rather crampy for me! I have sat in vette couple times, never ride though but this give me creepy feeling that if I were riding this and sped away and got crashed in creepy tiny space? No thanks!
Im in for SUV!
I know what you mean. I used to have a Porsche 914 two-seater, and I was hit head-on by an old Lincoln Continental, about 40 mph. I wasn't hurt but my car crumpled up in the front to about half its length.

But worse to get in and out of is a 70's Lotus Europa. My friend had one, and I felt like I was laying on the road when I sat in it. Small, and very, very low to the ground. I kept praying that the other cars and trucks could see us and not run over us. I needed help to get out because I was very pregnant at the time.

I am only 5'3", so small cars aren't bad for me, but I imagine they are not comfortable for tall or large people.

Reba said:

lol. that was really cool... a hummer dealership near my home does allow ppl test driving on road and off roading. at one time my friend who tested driving a hummer 1 told me that a dealer showed off him that hummer one went crawling up on 3 ft retaining wall from parking lot to off roading. hummer one is capable to any thing. heh.

keep in that mind that 4x4 is purposed for off roading. i dont understand why city ppl driving 4x4s in city even they never go off roadings. i know some of them never driving on off roading. what a waste of gas. they just want to show off their cool looking trucks.

Reba said:
I thought water was a biproduct of hydrogen engines, not the fuel. The fuel is hydrogen, correct? I don't think you put water into the car. I think the water comes out of the car after the hydrogen processes. I am not sure. ???

There are only certain gas stations in California that sell hydrogen.

I looked at the Hummer link. It says that water vapor is an emission of the car. That is what comes out, not what goes in.

Gov. Arnold's goal is a CA statewide network of hydrogen pumps by 2010.

But how much do they cost?

yea that is correct. it is NOT water. hydrogen is fuel. i dont meant by saying h20. it is easy to type it. heh. me bad. forgive me to confuse ya, ADers..

yea that is correct that california is into hydrogen and my state doesnt but my state does use biodiesel and other alternative fuels for their experiments. as residences, we can get biodiesel fuels around here. that is what i am interested in it right now. if i want it now then i can get old 4x4 suv with diesel engine like chevy tahoe or ford f150. anyway, from what i heard, hydrogen is very expensive, but it is very clean emission. you dont have to take ur car with hydrogen to emission inspection.

reba, my understanding is that you want 4 seats car. if you are interested in hybrid cars, you can find good information on that link. http://hybridcars.com and it does tell you what current models are hybrid.

happy car shopping, reba.

diehard, i second ya that i m into suvs and trucks. we depend on heavy duty vehicles.

deafclimber said:
...keep in that mind that 4x4 is purposed for off roading. i dont understand why city ppl driving 4x4s in city even they never go off roadings. i know some of them never driving on off roading. what a waste of gas. they just want to show off their cool looking trucks.
Yeah, I probably don't need 4x4...I just like the idea of having it there if I need it. Sometimes we "off-road" by taking short cuts over the temporary dirt roads here because our highway is such a mess of construction and bottlenecks.

Mostly I like have a "tall" riding car because the roads here frequently flood during rain showers, and they close many of the roads. The drainage is terrible. If you have a "low" sitting car, you can almost be guaranteed of stalling out in the water. A few years ago, I was driving my old '72 Charger (not a tiny car) on a side street, during the rain, and it started floating, just like a boat! It was a weird feeling.

Reba said:

Yeah I know what you mean about that. There is a small company that makes a "water" motor for a car. It is not ready yet because they did not have money to put it on the market. Perhaps, it is more likely that they want to put it on a patent first. You know big auto corporation always kill small auto maker companies.

I will look up more about it on the internet when I have a free time. I think that the company is located in California or State of Washington - or perhaps in Colorado. I have seen it on TV show, but I missed most of the show.

I DO have 4x4 Jeep Cherokee Sport. I love it, don't get me wrong. I DO live in city, and I can't image without 4x4. I have NOT had gone off road. Know why? The answer is simple, it makes commute ALOT easier during snow! Snow is the reason why I have 4 wheel drive.
BTW, gas isn't too bad, almost no difference between 2 and 4 wheel drive. I have friend who have 2 wheel drive cherokee and the gas is almost the same.
The only time that it hog gas is when you throw it in 4 wheel drive mode.

deafclimber said:
lol. that was really cool... a hummer dealership near my home does allow ppl test driving on road and off roading. at one time my friend who tested driving a hummer 1 told me that a dealer showed off him that hummer one went crawling up on 3 ft retaining wall from parking lot to off roading. hummer one is capable to any thing. heh.

keep in that mind that 4x4 is purposed for off roading. i dont understand why city ppl driving 4x4s in city even they never go off roadings. i know some of them never driving on off roading. what a waste of gas. they just want to show off their cool looking trucks.

Back