What kind of car(s) do you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you mention any American cars who can beat Japanese cars in MPG? I own a GMC Envoy, it is 12/18 MPG. I am considering to sell it, and purchase Toyota Highlander, it does have a better MPG than Envoy, and any other SUVs. :hmm: By the way, Toyota cars recently joined NASCAR, and they are doing pretty well in racing. :whistle:

Have you check Ford Escape Hydrid? My cousin have one and LOVE IT get 31 mpg on long trip in highway. She have 3rd escape since 2002.

My Uncle have Envory UX Agree it get bad mpg with V8 so it hard to get 18 mpg but his lincoln Mark LT I get 20 mpg.

My dad just bought this last week

ford_mondeo_2008-th.jpg

That sure nice car I show my Dad he say Where that. Never saw one.

what engine in that? what mpg he been average?

nice but boring, even if my parents get cars like that now and then, i always say nice, but why such a fucking boring car, with this sort of money to get it? fuck, that sort of money for brand new jappa, you can get a Mustang ok even if its not showroom condition but with a small 289, have a thrill with a car that got history. just my opinion. But ya, parents are 'always right' when it comes to being sensible about home economics. oh well

You know that Hondas, Toyotas, Nissans and Mercedes Benz ML models are made in US according to VINs, I should pride of the American workers who build these makers. I will be piss off if the American people buy the foreign made vehicles like you mentioned.

Well... Mostly foreign are better for fuel efficiency and better drivability.

Also I was surprise after I read on the book "Computerized engine controls" and page is 46.

"Average fuel economy standards"

passenger cars
Years MPG
1978 18
79 19
80 20
81 22
82 24
83 26
84 27
85 27.5
86 26
87 26
88 26
89 26.5
90 27.5
91 27.5
92 27.5
93 27.5
94 27.5
95 27.5
96-2004 27.5
05 27.5
06 27.5
07 27.5

You noticed after 1990 is stop gain the MPG for american car? Mostly foreign are higher than that already. That's why mostly American business go down so badly. No reason to mad to people who buy foreign.

I currently own a 2003 Dodge Neon SRT-4 that has been modified with plans to get over 400 horsepower at the wheel. My boyfriend's project, I just own the car. Gets over 31 mpg irregardless of where its driven or how fast. Its an awesome car and a 5 speed manual. And all black with leather/cloth interior. :dance2:

My boyfriend has a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix SE and a 2000 Dodge Dakota. Planning to get rid of the prix soon since for some reason my boyfriend gets pulled over all the time with that car and only once with mine. The truck is used for mud running, hauling stuff, and farm use.

I used to have a 1993 Ford Tempo GL and hated it. It was not suited to my body type and was always uncomfortable for me to drive so when I finally got some money got a 2007 Chevy Cobalt but didn't suit our lifestyle and traded it for the SRT-4 mentioned above.

That sure nice car I show my Dad he say Where that. Never saw one.

what engine in that? what mpg he been average?
I was told that the engine is manfantcured by Volvo (4 Clylinder with 6 Speed auto and Sports shift) and that car is called Ford mondeo, my dad is going to pick it up tomorrow

Can you mention any American cars who can beat Japanese cars in MPG? I own a GMC Envoy, it is 12/18 MPG. I am considering to sell it, and purchase Toyota Highlander, it does have a better MPG than Envoy, and any other SUVs. :hmm: By the way, Toyota cars recently joined NASCAR, and they are doing pretty well in racing. :whistle:

I would say that the mpg on American SUVs with big motors are almost equal to the Asian SUVs with small V6 or V8 motors. A 2000 Ford Explorer w/ 5.0LV8 ( my wife's) is more gas mileage than a 2003 Toyota Sequoia w/ 4.7L DOHC V8. This Toyota Sequioa is heavier abt 6,500 lbs with a small 4.7L, cuz the PCM enrich A/F ratio mixture by load and engine speed. Sounds gas guzzler. I recently read a motor magazine about a 2010 Camaro,w 6.2L Vette based V8, rated 418HP and 400 torque LBS(not exactly I cant remmby), 6 spd manual tranny and a 2010 Ford Mustang w/ 4.6L SOHC V8, rated 320HP/300TQ LBS, 5 spd manual. Which is the good gas mileage? Mustang? wrong Camaro is one mpg more than a Mustang. Try to look at magazine to fine Camaro?Mustang. I go with a 2010 Camaro. I wish to drop a 2010 Camaro motor into my old Nova.

roflmao...Funny is my Isuzu was made in INDIANA yet my Ford was built in MEXICO..go figure.

So everything's much global now. The Indiana factory where my Isuzu was born is now building Subaru Legacys and Toyota Camry's. The Mexican factory where my ZX2 was made is now doing Ford Fusion, Mercury Milan and Lincoln MKZ.

These Mexican-made Fords are really kicking US-made Camry and Honda Accords (made in Ohio)'s asses on quality. I can testify to that my Ford still held on to 90% of her original parts after 8 years and 157k miles on it because of the Mexican factory's quality.

Plus what's more is my American-built Japanese SUV is getting 25 mpg lol. (That's with 4 banger, 5 speed stickshift and RWD)
GM or VW vehicles are made in Mexico, also VWs (Passat I think) made in Brazil. I recently inspected a British made 2004 Honda Accord. Also Hondas and Toyotas are Canadian made.

Well... Mostly foreign are better for fuel efficiency and better drivability.

Also I was surprise after I read on the book "Computerized engine controls" and page is 46.

"Average fuel economy standards"

passenger cars
Years MPG
1978 18
79 19
80 20
81 22
82 24
83 26
84 27
85 27.5
86 26
87 26
88 26
89 26.5
90 27.5
91 27.5
92 27.5
93 27.5
94 27.5
95 27.5
96-2004 27.5
05 27.5
06 27.5
07 27.5

You noticed after 1990 is stop gain the MPG for american car? Mostly foreign are higher than that already. That's why mostly American business go down so badly. No reason to mad to people who buy foreign.
Im really not mad at the American people who switch to the foreign made vehicles cuz of their tastes. Same as the Eurpoean people tastes the American made vehicles or HD bikes?

I would say that the mpg on American SUVs with big motors are almost equal to the Asian SUVs with small V6 or V8 motors. A 2000 Ford Explorer w/ 5.0LV8 ( my wife's) is more gas mileage than a 2003 Toyota Sequoia w/ 4.7L DOHC V8. This Toyota Sequioa is heavier abt 6,500 lbs with a small 4.7L, cuz the PCM enrich A/F ratio mixture by load and engine speed. Sounds gas guzzler. I recently read a motor magazine about a 2010 Camaro,w 6.2L Vette based V8, rated 418HP and 400 torque LBS(not exactly I cant remmby), 6 spd manual tranny and a 2010 Ford Mustang w/ 4.6L SOHC V8, rated 320HP/300TQ LBS, 5 spd manual. Which is the good gas mileage? Mustang? wrong Camaro is one mpg more than a Mustang. Try to look at magazine to fine Camaro?Mustang. I go with a 2010 Camaro. I wish to drop a 2010 Camaro motor into my old Nova.

Chevy Camaro 2010...V8 6.2L 416hp @ 5900RPM ........two doors...RWD (TWO WHEELS).... 0-60mph in 4.9 sec... MPG 16 / 24 for $33,430

Subaru Wrx 2009.....H4 2.5L w/turbo 265hp @ 6000RPM .......5 doors....AWD (four wheels).....0-60 mph in 4.8 sec.....MPG 18 / 25 for $25,495

Not just taste, It's about better drivability and fuel efficiency.

AWD is better than RWD for any weather plus icy road and don't need snow tires.

Five doors is perfect for dogs, and family over two doors.

Subaru got 4 wheels, quicker and afford. What's wrong with that?

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX - Testing the 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-door - Motor Trend

Chevrolet Camaro Compare - Summary - MSN Autos

I remember that i read the magazine about GTO vs Sti and it said Sti is win over GTO.. Also I test drive on GTO and I hate it so much because clutch pedal in wrong location due poor designer. I had to lift my leg up to press the clutch pedal. It is really annoying. I like to press the clutch pedal without lift the leg up. I think GTO is good for someone who big foot but my foot size is only 10.

Last edited:
Im really not mad at the American people who switch to the foreign made vehicles cuz of their tastes. Same as the Eurpoean people tastes the American made vehicles or HD bikes?

Well. I born/visiter from Europe and I see lot small foreign vehicles and not many american vehicles BUT Ford is very popular than other american vehicles in Europe.

HD bikers is mostly Honda motor.

Chevy Camaro 2010...V8 6.2L 416hp @ 5900RPM ........two doors...RWD (TWO WHEELS).... 0-60mph in 4.9 sec... MPG 16 / 24 for $33,430

Subaru Wrx 2009.....H4 2.5L w/turbo 265hp @ 6000RPM .......5 doors....AWD (four wheels).....0-60 mph in 4.8 sec.....MPG 18 / 25 for $25,495

Not just taste, It's about better drivability and fuel efficiency.

AWD is better than RWD for any weather plus icy road and don't need snow tires.

Five doors is perfect for dogs, and family over two doors.

Subaru got 4 wheels, quicker and afford. What's wrong with that?

2009 Subaru Impreza WRX - Testing the 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX 5-door - Motor Trend

Chevrolet Camaro Compare - Summary - MSN Autos

I remember that i read the magazine about GTO vs Sti and it said Sti is win over GTO.. Also I test drive on GTO and I hate it so much because clutch pedal in wrong location due poor designer. I had to lift my leg up to press the clutch pedal. It is really annoying. I like to press the clutch pedal without lift the leg up. I think GTO is good for someone who big foot but my foot size is only 10.
I understand the AWD vehicles are easy manuever on icy or snow roads. I live on the flat of the town that doesnt need AWD vehicle cuz of no snow or icy. Nothing wrong with Subaru and Camaro.

Explorer with 5.0L is best I have heard some drivers get 23 mpg if they are drive light on gas not heavy.

The funny thing when I took the Mecury Grand Marquis to wash it (same as a Ford Crown Victoria) has a V8 engine and it's a 4 door full size rwd sedan. It gets avg of 24.5 mpg on the computer, not bad for a car like that. I think some old folk drove it and was driving it at 55-60 mph or so.

The funny thing when I took the Mecury Grand Marquis to wash it (same as a Ford Crown Victoria) has a V8 engine and it's a 4 door full size rwd sedan. It gets avg of 24.5 mpg on the computer, not bad for a car like that. I think some old folk drove it and was driving it at 55-60 mph or so.

You could get 29 mpg by drive on highway LONG TRIP by light foot.

I was think get one but those car here are worst shape dent bang rust or paint fade. Most those were young kids own it.

Explorer with 5.0L is best I have heard some drivers get 23 mpg if they are drive light on gas not heavy.
My wife didn't complain abt gas guzzler on her Ford Explorer 5.0L. I borrowed her SUV, drive and feel the engine give me a plenty of torque as I throttle gas pedal light. I think the last Ford 5.0L V8 engines on Explorers is 2002 year model, replaced by 4.6L SOHC on 2003 Explorers. I drove a customer's 2003 Explorer w/ 4.6L, notice the ride is smooth than older Explorers cuz of rear IFS
and can feel a 4.6L little growl when throttle gas pedal during road test after the repair job.

I own 2001 Ford SporTrac. I LOVE IT! :D

I got my 1993 Explorer that my dad passed to me in 1998 and it had over 103K miles on it. Over the years, I've driven pretty much daily until last year and now it has almost 260K miles. The only thing that I've replaced was the radiator besides the routine maintenances. It never strand me ever since and always starts on the first try. Motor and Transmission remains untouched since new... of course regular oil change and transmission changes in the past. Currently it has been sitting out because of the oil leak at the valve cover gasket which the oil drips on the hot exhaust making a burning smell and it also needs other maintenance work. It just one of my good truck I've had.

I currently have same model, but year 1997 from Ebay that I bought in 2003 with only 83K miles. Never had any problems since and only had a new brakes and routine maintenances. It currently has almost 134K miles on it.

There is some good and bad on the high mileage vehicles. It all depends on how people take care of vehicles, if there is sign of wear and neglect in the drivetrain.. ie dirty fluids, old hoses, old spark plugs wires etc for example. I would avoid that, if the powertrain looks clean and running smooth, at say, 150K miles, it is more likely it will last much longer with maintenance. Modern cars/trucks can last 250K to 300K miles without any rebuild (if maintained of course).

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw:
I never thought that most of Americans own the German cars...
What´s the wrong with American cars?

I´m curiously why you all prefer German cars to Americans cars?

I think it would be cheaper if you buy the American cars in your country than buy any cars from overseas? :sure:

American loves German made vehicles. I used to drove my ex VWs, 65 bus, 69 and 73 buggies for years. I love them cuz of comfort seat and no worry abt the water. I sold all VWs. Beemer or MBZ are'nt my type. I'm sided with American vehicles cuz I raised w/ muscle cars. Wonder the American vehicles are around in German cuz of the US military base there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back