What kind of animals do you have?

Grummer, what a sweet photo of your BC Mix pup!
also love the kitties!

My dogs are all rescue dogs too, and the Peke is deaf. :wave:

Yay! glad to hear it. I am meeting more and more people today that are adopting and I think that is awesome. Actually, none of my animals came to me new, all were used, parrot and kitty as well.

Yay! glad to hear it. I am meeting more and more people today that are adopting and I think that is awesome. Actually, none of my animals came to me new, all were used, parrot and kitty as well.

Yes. That is my mission in life. I have a limit of three, but if one dies, I rescue another.

They are all non shedding breeds due to my asthma, but I try to adopt deaf dogs when possible.

We used to have a deaf Lhasa Apso also.

IMG_1183DesktopResolution.jpg

Coco the border collie/huntaway cross farm girl

and
Smoochy and Gertie the siameses...

IMG_0632.jpg
Cute pictures! :)

Cute pictures, everyone!

Last summer, I adopted a 9 weeks old kitten named Maxwell. He's 6 1/2 mos. old now. He's part of Siamese. See my avatar. :)

Here's my fur family.

1.) My first cat, Butterscotch, a 9 year old Maine Coon. When I take him to the vet he makes the Tasmanain Devil look like an amateur! Otherwise, he's a cat. He weighs 15 lbs. I've had him since he fit in the palm of my hand.

2.) My second and oldest cat, Popcorn. She's tiny, 7lbs, and just as sweet as they come! In this pic she's meditating. She was at least 5 when I got her 8 years ago, so she's about 13 or 14 now.

3.) My Basenji/terrier mix, Nakai. He's very Basenji (stubborn and willfull!), and very terrier (hyperactive, except when he's worn himself out!). He weighs in at a whopping 70 lbs! But he's still my lap Bud! I've had him since he was an older pup. He's 6 now.

The rest of my family is furry too, but only when they sit on the couch! :laugh2:

Attachments

• Big_fat_fluffy_cat_opt.jpg
    Big_fat_fluffy_cat_opt.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Buddha_cat_opt.jpg
    Buddha_cat_opt.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6
  • Hanging_aroung_opt.jpg
    Hanging_aroung_opt.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 8
Here's my fur family.

1.) My first cat, Butterscotch, a 9 year old Maine Coon. When I take him to the vet he makes the Tasmanain Devil look like an amateur! Otherwise, he's a cat. He weighs 15 lbs. I've had him since he fit in the palm of my hand.

2.) My second and oldest cat, Popcorn. She's tiny, 7lbs, and just as sweet as they come! In this pic she's meditating. She was at least 5 when I got her 8 years ago, so she's about 13 or 14 now.

3.) My Basenji/terrier mix, Nakai. He's very Basenji (stubborn and willfull!), and very terrier (hyperactive, except when he's worn himself out!). He weighs in at a whopping 70 lbs! But he's still my lap Bud! I've had him since he was an older pup. He's 6 now.

The rest of my family is furry too, but only when they sit on the couch! :laugh2:

That's a great fur family, Pat!

This is Jake, my 12 year old Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. He just had surgery the other day to remove a lump on his hip, so he looks a bit odd right now. All bald and whatnot, lol
5298073283_4031f5554d.jpg

This is Willow, the 9 year old dilute tortoiseshell
4719522561_f6414fa0fc.jpg

Buffy is the 7 year old black shorthair, opinionated and sassy as all heck (she's an orphan, and that seems to be a trend amongst orphans)
3646456358_8d77ae6c3f.jpg

This is Molly, the 5 year old stray that runs from everyone but me (we've had her since she was about 5 months old, but she's very skittish. It's only through her love of food that she's not timid around me)
4694616405_11a7c290df.jpg

This is Waldo, a longhaired broken black-tan mouse. I love this little stinky
5264497473_85b738f611.jpg

5233010993_46a06d994d.jpg

This is Giacomo, one of two Gerbils (they're brothers)
5291147719_f6e9dd7ced.jpg

This is Domino, the other Gerbil
5292076926_af58f39372.jpg

Nice pets Aussie Dog. Do you have any trouble with rodents and cats together?

When my kids were little, one had a cat and the other had a guinea pig. The cat used to sit on top of the guinea pig's cage and drool.

This is Jake, my 12 year old Australian Shepherd/Border Collie mix. He just had surgery the other day to remove a lump on his hip, so he looks a bit odd right now. All bald and whatnot, lol

Buffy is the 7 year old black shorthair, opinionated and sassy as all heck (she's an orphan, and that seems to be a trend amongst orphans)

This is Molly, the 5 year old stray that runs from everyone but me (we've had her since she was about 5 months old, but she's very skittish. It's only through her love of food that she's not timid around me)

Great pix! :)

Here's my fur family.

Ah, so cute! :)

When my kids were little, one had a cat and the other had a guinea pig. The cat used to sit on top of the guinea pig's cage and drool.

I had a cat and he would sit in front of my daughter hamper cage and watch it run around and around in it little wheel. I could hear my cat thinking is it gone yet , I want a hamper and cheese sandwich! My cat would also jump on the table and try to push the cage off the table! I had to put the cage in the bath room at night so my cat would try eat the hampers.

You have a very beautiful family! I love your dog and cats! The mice are cute too!

Here's my fur family.

great!, and you gave them unusual names, but i like it !

fantastic, I have a mate who have a pet rat, really cute called Snowy.., crazy little thing lol

5108605629_fbde84dbbb.jpg

(Molly watching an old mouse I had, named Bartholomew)

They love to sit on top of the cages (I use tanks with mesh lids). Heck, sometimes they'll sleep up there all night. I get a little concerned about the mesh lid being warped from their weight (Molly, the heaviest, is 11lbs) but I'm not really worried about it caving in. It's the modified storage bin that Waldo is in that I worry about. Buffy's the lightest cat at 7lbs, and already the the mesh is warped and saggy, and I worry that one day one end will come loose and Waldo will escape, or Buffy will fall in, either way Buffy will get a snack.

Strangely, Molly seems somewhat safe around Waldo. A couple of nights ago, I let Waldo play on the computer desk, just exploring, and a couple of times Molly jumped up simply to "let me know" supper is due. In the past, I've held Waldo out to her in my hand and they've sniffed each other, and that's that. The other night Molly just sat there and alternated between meowing at me and watching the mouse. Sometimes Waldo came up to her and sniffed her, then wandered away, while Molly would give him a look before looking back at me with her desperate "I'm STARVING!!" look. At one point, Waldo came up and grabbed some seeds I'd placed for him, and he went and sat right next to Molly's foot and munched away. After a while though, Molly's instincts must have started coming forth, because she pawed at him when he was walking away. Enough of that, I thought! But Buffy and Willow aren't allowed to come within a foot of Waldo; they have way too much instinct surging in their little bodies, you can see it in their eyes. They have to settle with watching him from behind mesh, plastic, or glass. Or watching him from afar as he crawls around in my hands.

Jake, the dog, scares me the most. If a cat leaps, I can swing my hand and catch her in mid-air (it's happened before). If the dog leaps, I can swing with all my might and that won't stop the force of his lunge (he's 55lbs). He's shown a LOT of interest in Waldo, and since he's so big, I don't dare find out if it's simple curiosity, or "I wanna eat that" intensity. If you've ever seen a Border Collie stare at sheep (or a cat), you can imagine how unnerving it is to see that same stare zeroed in on a little paperweight that has no clue what's going on.

You take beautiful photos!

I have had pet rodents over the years, especially mice, most recently a little white one named Willy. When I was a kid I always had them, and as you know, if you get two, they soon breed and, well, several generations later you still have mice! Eventually I was down to one female, Misty, but even she managed to get pregnant...she would escape from her cage, fool around with who knows what kind of stud house mice she would meet on the outside, then come back to her cage to eat and sleep. She lived for years, longer than any other mouse I have ever had.

What I would really love to get is a rat. Some of the rats bred today are sooo cute, smart, and make great pets. My shoe repair guy has a hairless rat that sits on his shoulder while he works. Maybe someday I will get one...right now I have my hands full with all my other critters.

Back