What Jobs did you have while growing up?

Age 9-14 Landscaping (only in the summer and a couple weeks with my father)
14-14 Worked at a factory makin airplane engines but quit cuz it was boring.
15-17 Worked as a dietary aide in Manor Care quit due to the asshole boss (last news I hear a couple months ago he got arrested for ordering enspensive food for him to take home. Stealing company's money.
17-?? Went Back to Landscaping for a couple yrs and the Big boss was impressed the way I work so he promoted me to Crew Boss for #9. 5 man crew and a dumptruck with a trailer and earn 12 bucks a hr (got a raise baby whooo) Higest pay hrs is 30 (truck drivers) but only in snow days (snow dammit snow!!)

* blueberry harvester
* office worker at university
* bookseller associate at Borders
* office worker again in a different dept at university
* receiving associate at Sears
* newspaper carrier
* ASL instructor at a homeschooling co-op program
* ASL lab tutor at a community college
* deaf mentor
* housekeeper
* ????

i had 2 job

13 to 14 work at Deaf school wash dish i quit becasue they pay dirty money very low

17 to now Work at Publix as casher, bagger, a year hope keep going lol

everyone at my work always play with me as horse lol last time i play football inside i thought it was INSANE becasue we would lost job for Horse playing in work lmao!!! lol:naughty:

Edit for Typo damnit

Working background teenager to Adult..

15 yrs old First job: Wendy's Rst
- Wrapping foil on the baked potatoes
- Preparing the foods
-Cleaning the stupid floor and counter before closing down

16 yrs old Second Job: Crossiant Le' Lam
-Prepare the crossiant on the cookie sheets
-put into the huge oven
-cutting the crossiant and add cold cuts inside the crossiant sandwiches
-preparing the foods Veggies only

17 to 18 Third job (has 2 jobs summer and working job)
*National Yacht Club Resturant (Private yacht)
- Preparing foods
-Line Cook
-Learning Chef on the kitchen site
-Dishwasher

*Deaf Camp Counsellor
-supervisor youth children
-so many different things do..

19 yrs old fourth job: Sears Company
- Data Entry
-Data information filing
-input Name & Address tally
-Repeat boring numbers... (ugh) my worst nightmare

20 to 25 yrs old Fifth job: Self Employed "Silent Sawdust Shop"
-Heavy cutting woods machinary
-Painting crafts so many different
-Make Customer Satisfty order placement
-Inventory
-Marketing every where the stores and agreement contracts shippment

24 to 25 yrs old (another 2nd job) Volunter I-Sphere (Cailfornia)
-Salesperson dealt w/Deaf Customer for open account and closing
-Reminders to Deaf Customer for re-newal account

25 to 26 yrs old: Geogre Brown College/Nexa Computer Degree

26yrs old to present: Seventh job: Self Employed
Return "Silent Sawdust Shop"
Light work for now...
-Wedding Ossicians
-Crafts working different vary what customer regarding the order

37yrs old Seventh job: Stovers Catering Company:.. I pissy off the Boss left the town *Theift Employee's $$$$* Dispearing.. (Police still looking for him)
-Line cook
-Chef cooking
-prepare the foods
-Catering to the wedding different places
-Clean up the kitchen before closing down.

Currency: Looking for a job..
Still working ongoing: Self Employed "Silent Sawdust Shop"
Closed for a month due "Moving Day incoming way"

That's all I have....

17-18 - worked at local newspaper as photographer/reporter/intern
18-19 - cashier at Taco Johns
19-21 - worked at Poultry plant til my health started suffering due to my body not adjusting well to the conditions
21 - worked at a nursing home as an aide to the nurses and got paid to wipe peoples butts.
22 - worked as a janitor for a buisness
22 - worked as a carpet cleaner - just got fired
Who knows what is next I am going to contact the vocational rehab services and see if I qualify for training for some job skills outside my EMS training and be placed in a full-time position. Too poor to go to school.

14: paper route

16: p/t janitor

18 to 27: college student on/off...graduated BA

18: food service--dorms, Burger King

23-26: graphic artist

27-28: emboidery store helper

33 - 35: print shop, food service, janitor

35-current: city employee

Had lots of other p/t jobs, volunteer jobs and interships over the years as well. Those jobs listed above were the ones I remember the most.

14 to 17 or 18 -- camp counselor at my hometown (PA)
16 to 19 -- many diffy internship work in DC under to MSSD's internship program
19 to 22 -- MSSD equipment manager under to MSSD Athletics Dept. (Fall/Spring Semester)
20 -- Gallaudet Sports Camp counselor (Summer Semester)
21 -- Summer RA (Resident Assistant) at Carlin Hall, under to Campus Life Dept. (Summer Semester)
22 to present -- F/T SRA (Staff Resident Assistant) at Benson Hall, under to Campus Life Dept at Gallaudet University (Full Year)

* blueberry harvester
* office worker at university
* bookseller associate at Borders
* office worker again in a different dept at university
* receiving associate at Sears
* newspaper carrier
* ASL instructor at a homeschooling co-op program
* ASL lab tutor at a community college
* deaf mentor
* housekeeper
* ????

Now I work in a medical laboratory and I really enjoy it very much. I still am a tutor at a local community college.

16-17 worked for office at hosptial (summer time)
17-18 worked for airforce base for few months before I graudated.
19-22 Played around(N.T.I.D) hehe shhh :giggle:
23-25 Teacher s aide for hearing children
25- Be housewife to present

isnt fun ! lol

M-:afro:

16 - Metal stamper and badge polisher (only few weeks)
17 - Tablehand in a printing company (few months)
18-37 - Sewing Machinist (4 different companies)
42-47 - Records Officer in a Government Department

I just got put off in July this year and am looking for a job now.
Between 37-42, I was studying at a few colleges to get me out of boredom from being unemployed.

What kind of jobs you have while growing up , If you can remember the ages per job you had in your past to present.

At 14 I start my first job at Burger King, worked there for couple years.

At 19 I worked at American Dental Center Inc. in the office "billing dept."

At 22 I worked at a Resturant called Roman Holiday it's a pizza shop and sandwiches.

At 22 I worked for my dad and still do in the present.;)
At the age of 14 - 19My first job was at McDonald's Restaruant for 5 years. Busyboy then prompted to cook and accounts payable & changes schedule shift work.

20-32 Waterfront Resort Hilton, Huntington Beach. California for 12yrs to Present.
waste your time and start over again by losing your wage from 10.75 to 8.25 per hour a day after you quit , layoff or terminated.If you dont quit your first job since today, your would make an 20 to 28 per hour by now. Most deaf people are lack of responsiblity serious to contuine working in their job.

10 to 13 years old: work at small station to selling food, drink, candies etc for people at Baseball/Softball/Football games for Spring, Summer and Fall only.

13 to 17 years old: work at Senior Center and Township Hall(two jobs same time), helping alot stuffs like typing the computer, billing for the house, measure the house, count how much bedrooms/bathrooms, file the papers, copy the paper, fax the paper, cleaning the kitchen, serve food for eldery people, and more.

14 to 16 years old(off and on): working at the hotel, serve food/drink/anything for people at their party for like, wedding or baby shower or events that they set up for.

14 to 21 years old: babysitting nieces, nephew and their friends even, my cousins too.

17 years old: working at Hollywood Video, stock the video and cashier.

18 to 19 years old: working at Dihel's, serve apples, apple juice, doughnuts, apple cider, carmeal apple, etc.

20 to 21 years old: working at Farmer Jack(food store), bagger(mean putting food in the bag of paper or plastic)

22 years old to present: working at PSRS, helping people who is blind and deaf or low function or something like that people, drive them to the places, cook the food for them, help them and teach them to be independly.

15 to 19 years old: Worked at Jack in the Box (in Phx, AZ): part time job on and off.

18 - worked at a bookstore: PT

20 to 23 : worked as a filing clerk, data entry clerk and underwriter for Farmer's Insurance:Full time

23 to 24: worked for F&N Construction Company as a clerk/assistant: part time

24 to 26: Full time student at ASU

26 to 27: Full time teacher's aide for a deaf program at a public school

MOVED to MD

28: worked for a temporary company getting assigned to different jobs in the DC area

28 to 30: Part-time graduate assistant at Office for Students with Disabilities at Gallaudet University while going to grad school.

30 to 33: Full Time Resident Counselor for Jewish Foundation for Group Homes. Worked with Deaf clients...was my 2nd job.

30 to current: Full time Teacher for the Deaf.

Also am a Mystery Shopper for a Leasing Company

At the age of 14 - 19My first job was at McDonald's Restaruant for 5 years. Busyboy then prompted to cook and accounts payable & changes schedule shift work.

20-32 Waterfront Resort Hilton, Huntington Beach. California for 12yrs to Present.
waste your time and start over again by losing your wage from 10.75 to 8.25 per hour a day after you quit , layoff or terminated.If you dont quit your first job since today, your would make an 20 to 28 per hour by now. Most deaf people are lack of responsiblity serious to contuine working in their job.

I really dont think it is lack of responsibility...I think it is more of not being happy at their jobs. I cant imagine working at a job everyday that I hated. That was what happened with the Farmer's Insurance Company job. Saw no future for me since I didnt have a college degree at the time and it wasnt challenging for me so that was why I quit. Most people I know quit their jobs due to not being happy there.

at age of 10- 23 worked summers for my grandpa- owned 2,000 acres of soybean farm and also farm equipment sales as mechinac
13-16 worked for my other grandpas Septic tank service
17-19 worked at Rental Equipment sales as mechinac

at age of 10- 23 worked summers for my grandpa- owned 2,000 acres of soybean farm and also farm equipment sales as mechinac
13-16 worked for my other grandpas Septic tank service
17-19 worked at Rental Equipment sales as mechinac

Are you 20 years old now? I thought u were in the 30's.

18- Tower Records (worked for 3 month then quit due busy with school)
19- Wal-Mart (Wait for someone to call me for when start work)

13 years old - babysat kids

16 years old - Shopko - hated it!
17 years old - Journal Sentinel - assembly - hated it
17 years old - dishwasher at Wisconsin School for the Deaf - hated it
18 years old - nanny to a little blond 5 year old -made shitloads of money
19 years old - machine operator at some factory - totally hated it but made upwards of $2,000 a month
20 years old - kmart - hated it
Worst Western - laundry attendant - hated it!
Sales Rep for some promotional company - awesome job, good
pay, lots of travel
assembly and prep at a factory - got laid off - hated it
anyway but made good money

Haven't worked since I got laid off at 20 years old, went to college, etc

I'm 26 now and I refuse to work any more shit jobs regardless of how much or how little they paid! It is not worth sacrificing my heath for money! And I've had enough with their shit, I'm not putting up with it anymore!

13 to 14 work at Deaf school wash dish i quit becasue they pay dirty money very low

I hear you!!!! I worked as as dishwasher at the Wisconsin School for the Deaf when I was 17 and it only paid $5.15 an hour...screw that. My new policy from now on, I will not work at any job that pays less than $8 an hour - I NEED TO BE ABLE TO PAY RENT AND BILLS AND STILL HAVE MONEY TO HAVE FUN!!!:eek3:

AGE 15~ Worked at Taco Bell for 3 years ~ Food Server

Age 16~ Worked at Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind (2 years) ~file clerk~ same time working at Taco Bell.

Age18~ Worked at Health Department as a File clerk

Age 22~ worked at Lampi as an Light Assembler

Age 23~ Worked at Parfums DeCouer as a Perfume Assembler

Age 23 to 31~ Housewife ~its a job but I didn't get paid!

Age 32~ *private* Clinic Animal Care as a Vet Tech Assistant AND currently working now.

Back