what is your nationality?

Here's a copy of the new card. They have microchips! :eek3:

just to be more accurate - it's called RFID - no different than what bookstores and public libraries used to keep in their books

rfid.jpg

Our new American passports have it too.

Here's the passport.

ts

with the info like this:

• Photo of Passport Holder on the left
  • Type (P)
  • Code of State (ISR)
  • Passport No.
  • Surname
  • Given Name
  • Nationality
  • Date of Birth
  • Sex
  • Place of Birth
  • Date of Issue
  • Date of Expiry
I assume they do the same on passports...never thought about it. An Israeli passport is not very popular - some airlines won't let you fly, some countries won't let you in, some hotels won't rent you a room or whatever.

In Israel, a "Jew" is equated with a "national" (on paper only) and anyone else is just a "citizen". Kind of like...how Europe treated Jews pre-WWII.

They do this not because of hatred of non-Jews, but because some Orthodox rabbis are worried about improper conversions (mostly for the benefits of Israeli citizenship) because of the Law of Return (which grants Jews all over the world citizenship to Israel).

But what you said about customs and such: It can cause a problem if you are in a country that is not familiar with Israel's policies, because they will wonder how you can be Beudion and not "Israeli" if you were born there and have citizenship!

see Post #57.

How can Israel be a "country of origin" if it wasn't a country in the first place? Oracle's post makes sense.
If Israel isn't a country, what is it? I thought Israel was an independent, sovereign nation. Are you siding with the Palestinians?

Born and bred American. Ethnically Mexican on my father's side, German, English, Scottish, Irish, French, and a little Cherokee Indian on my mother's side. In other words, a mutt.

If Israel isn't a country, what is it? I thought Israel was an independent, sovereign nation. Are you siding with the Palestinians?

I'm not sure if you're trying to be silly, but of course it is a country. What Israel says is that it is a country of Jewish nationals.

edit: n/m. Jiro has issue with Israel.

Wirelessly posted

Reba said:
see Post #57.

How can Israel be a "country of origin" if it wasn't a country in the first place? Oracle's post makes sense.

Israel is a State.

If Israel isn't a country, what is it? I thought Israel was an independent, sovereign nation.
partitioned Palestine

Are you siding with the Palestinians?
no but I sympathize with Palestinians. Just to be sure nobody is confused - Palestinians and PLO are not the same.

I'm not sure if you're trying to be silly, but of course it is a country. What Israel says is that it is a country of Jewish nationals.

Yes I've got issue with Israel

1. Disproportionate Use of Force
2. Jerusalem was supposed to be shared with Arabs

Im a half irish and half dutch american. My dutch side cam be traced back directly to jan corneleius van texel who immigrated to north america in 1605!

Here's the passport.

ts

with the info like this:

• Photo of Passport Holder on the left
  • Type (P)
  • Code of State (ISR)
  • Passport No.
  • Surname
  • Given Name
  • Nationality
  • Date of Birth
  • Sex
  • Place of Birth
  • Date of Issue
  • Date of Expiry
I assume they do the same on passports...never thought about it. An Israeli passport is not very popular - some airlines won't let you fly, some countries won't let you in, some hotels won't rent you a room or whatever.

In Israel, a "Jew" is equated with a "national" (on paper only) and anyone else is just a "citizen". Kind of like...how Europe treated Jews pre-WWII.

They do this not because of hatred of non-Jews, but because some Orthodox rabbis are worried about improper conversions (mostly for the benefits of Israeli citizenship) because of the Law of Return (which grants Jews all over the world citizenship to Israel).

But what you said about customs and such: It can cause a problem if you are in a country that is not familiar with Israel's policies, because they will wonder how you can be Beudion and not "Israeli" if you were born there and have citizenship!

Hmm, I wonder that does explain why my Deaf Jew friend is terrified of entering Germany border while traveling by train with her sister in Austria recently. She told me that the security in Germany still has the issues with the people's last names that start or end with "Berg" when it comes to checking their passports. It leads them harshly questioning on passengers whether they are Jew or not. That is why my friend refused to take a train or fly to Germany for the rest of her life. :(

Im a half irish and half dutch american. My dutch side cam be traced back directly to jan corneleius van texel who immigrated to north america in 1605!
He may have traveled on the same ship to New Amsterdam as my ancestor, Cornelius van der Veer. I got a lot of other genes in me than his, though. :giggle:

It did say that Israel is a state. But I personally believe Israel is country no matter what.

My nationality is American. And I have Italian, German, Polish, and Native American ancestry. But everyone just thinks I'm Hispanic so.. :o

First generation Canadian! Maternal Grandparents immigrated to Canada from Ireland in 1980.

Edit to add dads side from Poland way back.

Last edited:
Back