What is your nationality ?

I'm Irish/Scottish.

Big HI Lasza,

Sound ur mind is very OLD fashion way!!! u leave women OUT!!!
Too obiviously that u don't seem interested to know about ur mother's nationality, hertiage, health history, and etc. Really sad for you not feel proud of women in ur hertiage. tsk tsk tsk on you!

*My answer is Yes, my mind is always exist on old fashion way. i can't help! :(

Guess what, more people have their mother's last name than before. Even, more people have adopted last name. Gone to the court for change last name. Who care about keep last name pass thru lineage?

"My answer is, yes you are right that most people don't care about their lineage.. that is BIG SAD! let wait and see the end of come upon all them walk the face of earth which is land of america.

Your said " You can only have one nationally. " Sound very ridicious I am telling ya! Your words sound like u don't allow us to expression which nationality we are from.

*My answer is, you always face this truth those i spoke unto. you will can't denying it with facts.

U know what. I recalled that 2000 Cenus have survey for ask some people about their nationalities and races by SEPERTATED questions. I answered some countries that where my family history from. Betcha, u don't even fill it out at all.

*Lasza, you are right that i actually never fill out at all.. why should i fill it out?? 2000 cenus is stupid. i no need it..

Race is just record for identify propose for school, governement, welfare and somel reasons. Please allow people expression their words about nationality they came from. That's freedom of speech!

*Again, I agree with you about freedom of speech! that what i spoke these things whatever i want to. becasue freedom of speech. :P

By the way, rest of ur words really LAME!!!! Get it?

*I didn't get it!? :laugh2:

CKarbes,
Enjoy laughing with HUGE whapped in ur throat! :laugh2:

Originally posted by eternity
England, Scotland, France, Germany, Irish, and a bit of indian.

How about yours?
[/QUOTE

I'm German, Italian, have some Irish in me, and some others..

Originally posted by Lasza
CKarbes,
Enjoy laughing with HUGE whapped in ur throat! :laugh2:
CoUgH..La..[cOugH]..sza, give me a HaLls VapoR please!? :thumb:

Originally posted by AmericanChopper
:D Czech, Italian and German. all of them 50 percents!

Czech 50%..Italian 50%...German 50%...mmm...that 150%...

by the way, I am from Malaysia..

Re: Re: What is your nationality ?

Originally posted by bwookie
Originally posted by eternity

How about yours?
[/QUOTE

I'm German, Italian, have some Irish in me, and some others..
And some others? I'm curious... :mrgreen:

LoL dom.. lemme introduce you my good friend bwookie. She finally registered in here.

I am part Irish and part Cherokee. My grandfathers were Irish and my grandmothers were of Cherokee descents. However, I look like more of an Irish. After all, I possess Irish hot tempers and am considered a redhead - actually I have strawberry blonde hair.

My paternal great-great-great-great-great + grandfather was the world's famous Irish poet, Sir Thomas Moore. I am also related to Jesse James the notorious outlaw.

I chatted with my mom for a bit while. We were talking about our nationality.

Also, there's a Welsh in me. My mom said we got a related to a famous--Francis Drake.. My great grandma had that last name of his. I do not know who's that? and My dad's side.. My grandma's first or second cousin is Joan Crawford... I dont know who's that but we r related to both famous. :eek:

So if Americans don’t form a race, surely they form a language group? Not exactly!? The fact is, all “Americans” don’t even speak English. Many of them – possibly up to half - are English dominant, which means they speak varioius languages more than English. Some “American” don’t speak eNGLISH at all! Why then are they classifed as “American”?

Attachments

• brunette-04[1].gif
    brunette-04[1].gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 137
CK- what the heck does that dancing woman have to do with your posting?

True Americans are a melting breed of different culture and ethic groups. Even if some of them do not speak English, they are still Americans. Remember that the first settlers in here were all a mixture of settlers, American Indians, French, British, Dutch, Swedish, etc... When America became a country, they did a vote and German almost became the language of America. English won out. If German language had been chosen, wir wurden ja jetzt auf Deutsch sprechen. (We would be speaking German now.) Language has nothing to do with what a true American is.

Originally posted by kuifje75
CK- what the heck does that dancing woman have to do with your posting?

True Americans are a melting breed of different culture and ethic groups. Even if some of them do not speak English, they are still Americans. Remember that the first settlers in here were all a mixture of settlers, American Indians, French, British, Dutch, Swedish, etc... When America became a country, they did a vote and German almost became the language of America. English won out. If German language had been chosen, wir wurden ja jetzt auf Deutsch sprechen. (We would be speaking German now.) Language has nothing to do with what a true American is.
kuifje75, Generation immigrants still follow Middle easterns and the West Indies. This upsets the English, and I think with good reason. In the USA this problem does not arise. The immigrant supports the USA team right from the first day. There is something of a barrier in USA.

Why do the English exclude the immigrants? I am not sure. There may be something in the duality of English as a national and racial identity. Nobody is ever encouraged to call themselves "Black English" it is seen as a contradiction. Black British is fine, but not Black English. Now is the time to address this, as the English are in a position to reassert their own identity as the false flag of Britishness is labeled by Cuban, Hispanic and Asian devolution. The English should stand up and say I am a speaking nation, not a racial grouping. A nation with a small n. The English problem is enormous and is bubbling away at the moment as no politicians feel the need, or have the courage, to address it. English is a dirty word, tainted with racism. Children in Primary Schools no longer have English as a subject in school, they study literacy. This makes me very angry. I do not want to be made to feel ashamed of my culture and heritage, to apologize all the time for being English.

It makes me very angry to see immgrants adopt with English accents who live in USA suddenly proclaiming that they are Aermicans because the speed with which these people drop English as an identity is breathtaking.
I'm not a nationalist or a racist. I just get fed up with watching everybody else in the world getting on with pride in their heritage while I feel deliberately excluded. English history is a story of shame it seems.

Where are the English-Americans? Invisible, or at least silent. I have e mailed a few of my distant cousins in the USA and what is the response? Do they want to know? Not the slightest bit of interest. It is as if they want their history to start in mid Atlantic.
Do you know who the patron saint of England is? What day is the English National day? Do you know any city outside England that celebrates it? Chicago and New York go crazy for St Patrick. Nobody even notices the English national day. (Today, 23rd of April).

How do you know you are in English? Deliberatly bump into somebody in the street. If they apologize to you then you must be in English.

I'm English, sorry.

*is very facinated* I guess I must be new cause I went through all 9 pages. :D I am German/Irish, but thats only through my dad's side of the family. My dad's family originated in Luxembourg, woo! I've posted about this before, but the funniest thing about knowing my family history (as my uncle is into geneology) is that I'm related to about 2k people in Iowa. =X However, i think my mama is part swedish, but grams passed away 3 years ago and I never got to ask her what she was. :/ So, German/Irish it is. :P

Back