What is your Favorite Cure for a cold??

Time.

For me, I have not had a true full blown cold for over 10 years, with one exception. I had walking pneumonia that lasted 7-9 weeks a while back, but it wasn't a cold.

Taking preventative measures is always good. I used to get summer times colds every year when I was growing up and hated it since my birthday is in July.

For me, hot apple cider with honey or sugar and a cinnamon stick is wonderful for a sore throat. Homemade chicken soup is very good as well. That has been proven to be effective to help you feel better and to shorten the duration. Like Reba says, time is the key and plenty of fluids and rest. Stay hydrated.

For me, I have not had a true full blown cold for over 10 years, with one exception. I had walking pneumonia that lasted 7-9 weeks a while back, but it wasn't a cold.

Taking preventative measures is always good. I used to get summer times colds every year when I was growing up and hated it since my birthday is in July.

For me, hot apple cider with honey or sugar and a cinnamon stick is wonderful for a sore throat. Homemade chicken soup is very good as well. That has been proven to be effective to help you feel better and to shorten the duration. Like Reba says, time is the key and plenty of fluids and rest. Stay hydrated.

When I made my chicken soup I just threw everything in the pot and hoped for the best! I felt too sick to cook! Marty would had gotten it if tasted too awful!! LOL!!

When I made my chicken soup I just threw everything in the pot and hoped for the best! I felt too sick to cook! Marty would had gotten it if tasted too awful!! LOL!!

I purposely keep chicken broth with the meat in ziploc bags in the deep freeze. Then all I have to do is just pull out a bag, add onion, carrots and celery. The seasonings are already there in the broth, but I sometimes add more with the vegetables. I date my ziploc bags and make sure to use them before 1 year is up.

make sure correct to cooking prevent to dirty reason lots of numberous if supposed I assurance guess think so people not weak on cooking but sometimes if throw up I can't complaint! mistake happened on predit, adjust to better health! I think so food! :hmm:

make sure correct to cooking prevent to dirty reason lots of numberous if supposed I assurance guess think so people not weak on cooking but sometimes if throw up I can't complaint! mistake happened on predit, adjust to better health! I think so food! :hmm:

I made sure I cooked the soup long enough so I would got get sick.

Once I had pepper w/ brandy and I was cured and next time I tried and nothing happened..I think its always good w/ Ginger.

My favorite cure for cold is soup: wonton, hot sour, chicken broth & miso tofu.

Plenty of sleep (10 to 12 hours/day when I catch a virus), like the children :laugh2:

Fluidifiants because all the mucus goes into my ears, and fluidifiants helps to remove all of this mucus with the tissue :D I complete it with physiological serum.

Eating well, a bit of everything, without abusing of anything.

Nothing more than that :(

When I have a cold for the cures which is my favorites one are: Chicken Noodle soup, drink a lots of orange juices, take a nap for couple of hours & take a warm bath/shower, take a walk with my dog for a fresh air if it doesn't work so it may be take it easy for a while then.

very easy answer

FLU SHOT :)

I got flu shot at pharmacy and didnt get a cold all winter. I will get another one as soon as its available.

Greek chicken soup. It has chicken, chicken broth, lemon and garlic. It is sooo tasty. I dont know if it scientifically works but makes me feel much better I think.

Saline nasal spray every hour says my doc, Vicks rub on the neck, chest and feet, warm epsom baths, water, juice, warm drinks and lots of sleep.

Back