What is your average temp in your house/apt?

They do have the advantage of not have to have the ones in the rooms that no one is in set as high or low, depending on season, as where someone is.

True but let's put it this way... I will make sure I have central air/heat at my next house. I went cheap on this one and it shows. Higher maintenance, makes house dustier, more winterizing efforts, more chances of a gap in the expanding foam, and just down-right inefficient to name a few.

You can do the same with central air. Install quality vents that close well.

You can do the same with central air. Install quality vents that close well.

Talking about the vent, my father's house, there are thermostats in every room and it all connected to the central systems. That way, if like 3rd floor is warmer than the first floor, the system will start shutting all the vents on 3rd floor since the temp is perfect and why need blowing the air on third floor? And it allow to blow more air on first floor. The whole house auto vent systems is really cool and they are using Geo-thermal system.

So, I would like to have something like that because here, when the heat come on, 2nd floor start to get warm and shut down the heat but on first floor still little chilly since the heat rise up to second floor. So, I manage to manually adjust the vents to allow blow more air on first floor and worked out pretty well.

i frozen..i need window open or get head ache central heating makes it worse but it snowing..having heating on all the time expensive..my son got under floor heating it so much better than rads
temp is 3 degree under i near sea got wind factor

Temp is going to be in single digits for several days here. I find that if I keep the humidity around 60%, I am more comfortable with lower temps.

I like 71-72. perfect temps for everything during the day. let it go down to 60's at night so I can sleep well. I have a wood stove, gas zoned heating. The zoned heating is the best thing ever!!!! If you can do 4 or more zones in the house - you got it made like me..

I like 71-72. perfect temps for everything during the day. let it go down to 60's at night so I can sleep well. I have a wood stove, gas zoned heating. The zoned heating is the best thing ever!!!! If you can do 4 or more zones in the house - you got it made like me..

i dont know what zone heating is,but sounds good.....i getting colder and colder and my pond frozen got sort it tommorow got rare newts in it

I lives in Massachusetts. During in winter, I set my house in 60. Oil isn't cheap and I lives all by myself.

From the uk, it's currently 26 degs outside! We had been hit by snow/blizzard over the weekend! I live by the sea, it's approx 60 inside my house, sounds cold but it's well insulated and I wear jumpers. I don't like it heated too much. No heating overnight at all or during the day when I am not in, radiators are set at 55-58 degs when on twice day. It doesn't feel cold at all.

From the uk, it's currently 26 degs outside! We had been hit by snow/blizzard over the weekend! I live by the sea, it's approx 60 inside my house, sounds cold but it's well insulated and I wear jumpers. I don't like it heated too much. No heating overnight at all or during the day when I am not in, radiators are set at 55-58 degs when on twice day. It doesn't feel cold at all.

i by sea too.north sea..i freezing..

I can't get to my vents currently. The only ladder we have that goes high enough, finally "bit the dust". We have 2 vents in each area, and intake and an output, and each of those has a filter, then there is a filter on the unit in the house. As long as I change or wash the main filter, then the room filters should last 6 months. Keep in mind, my ceilings are 11 feet high.

Back