What is wrong with coins??

Some restaurants doesn't accept credit cards, CASH only. :wave:
Because they cannot afford to pay credit card fee from the banks. They take few percents of per charge.

Then they lost more customers. Bad move. This is 2013. Not 1980's.

Some restaurants doesn't accept credit cards, CASH only. :wave:
Because they cannot afford to pay credit card fee from the banks. They take few percents of per charge.

No clue where you're at.... but I've been to a million and one places to eat, and various stores..... and I've never..... ever..... ever..... once..... ran into a place that didn't take my credit or debit card. :laugh2:

I know there's a crappy movie theatre in Tampa that takes cash only, no plastic, and has an onsite ATM so there are some holdouts. If the guy knew the price of the bike and knew he was dealing with an individual and not a conventional store with a cash register then the onus was in him to bring smaller bills.

Posted from Alldeaf.com App for Android

dereksbicycles, would you accept pennies of $100?

pennyjob-11.jpg

No clue where you're at.... but I've been to a million and one places to eat, and various stores..... and I've never..... ever..... ever..... once..... ran into a place that didn't take my credit or debit card. :laugh2:

Here in Pittsburgh I can think of three restaurants off the top of my head that only take cash. Mom and pop type ethnic places. Small, informal, and some of the best food I've ever eaten.

Come to Buffalo, NY.

I'll show you a few restaurants that do NOT take credit cards. And they are doing very well for business. 2 places I know have been in business for 50 years.

During the summer I had lunch in a bar and for whatever reason (I forget which) they couldn't accept my ex's card using their cash register... but they conveniently had an ATM which of course charged a fee which the bar gets to keep.

Extremely poor service.

Come to Buffalo, NY.

I'll show you a few restaurants that do NOT take credit cards. And they are doing very well for business. 2 places I know have been in business for 50 years.

Fortunately I live in a city that accepts credit cards everywhere. I don't carry cash and for good reason. I've seen too much crap happen to people who do. If they decide not to accept credit cards, that's their loss of business, I really don't care either way. Maybe they should read business - Accepting Credit Cards | Entrepreneur.com And learn most customers now a days do not carry cash and don't like to, and that they would increase their customer base. Again, that's their decision, I really don't care either way. *shrug* If they don't accept my debit or credit card, I'm not going. *shrug*

During the summer I had lunch in a bar and for whatever reason (I forget which) they couldn't accept my ex's card using their cash register... but they conveniently had an ATM which of course charged a fee which the bar gets to keep.

Extremely poor service.

I agree.....

dereksbicycles, would you accept pennies of $100?

pennyjob-11.jpg
Hell yeah I would, never know whats in there, rare wheat penny or war penny.... that $100 in pennies might net a couple thousands or more if you knew what you were looking for....

I use a debit card, if the place doesn't take it, then I don't do business with them, so their loss really. I remember when I paid cash when filling up the car, the guy gave change and was so apologetic about giving me a gold dollar, I honestly didn't care about that, but I do believe that much in change is quite a bit. If $9 in quarters, I guess I could live with it, but an assortment of coins, no thanks.

Back