What is TOMATO?

Originally posted by barnettgs
lol, pineapple is acceptable fruit on pizza but orange, apple?

Tomatoes is often in stir fry with some vegetables etc

Thats put it in 'vegetable' section :P :naughty:

and banana too! Mexico does service one on pizza. :crazy:

Originally posted by DirtyOldMan
When I was little... I hated raw tomatoes in my salad!

I grew and learned to love it!

I cook some italian dishes... Mmm, delicious!

And by the way, cucumber is a fruit too? :)

Cucumber is a tender, warm-season vegetable that produces well when given proper care and protection. The vines of standard varieties grow rapidly and require substantial space. Vertical training methods and new dwarf varieties now allow cucumbers to be grown for slicing, salads and pickling, even in small garden plots.

So, I take it that it's a veggie! :P

Ok, I have a book which comes free with a a juicing equipment. This book tells me all about fruits/veg and juicing. It states tomatoes under vegetable section.

But thats not all.

There is a golden rule to juicing drinks: You cannot mix fruit and vegetables together in drink or you will suffer from embarrassing flatulence!

But apple and carrots are the only ones that will mix well with either veg or fruits without any human embarrassment! Thats what it says. I had mixed 4 carrots and 2 apples, it tastes great!

So tomatoes isn't even included!

Last edited:
That's very interesting topic.

MOD Note: I moved this thread to Food & Beverage.

Originally posted by barnettgs
Ok, despite that fruits have seeds in it. I still think Tomato is vegetable.

Green, red, etc peppers have seeds in it and they're vegetables too.

So it doesn't matter whether fruilts/vegetables have seeds in it or not.

Pizza is usually topped with tomatoes, peppers etc. So again, they're vegetables too.

Can u image a pizza with fruits topped on it? No thanks!
]

yeah.. pineapple topping.

I dont like eat just tomatoes.... I like ketcheup. it is fine with me. I dunno why but one more thing I like to drink clamato(clam's juice mixed tomatoes) it is delicious to drink. also I do drink V8 of course I know tomatoes in it. :)

i know its fruit! cuz if it's seeds inside then it's a fruit if its outside for example cucumber that is a veggie! now u know!

Back