What is this sub forum for?

They can ask all the questions they want. Their parents and doctors will provide the necessary answers. Having something implanted that doesn't *hurt* them, and can potentially increase the quality of their lives isn't a bad thing (from my persepective anyway - again something we might have to agree to disagree on )

And how can children SEE what they have implanted in their heads? My implant isn't visable from the outside. I can't feel it, unless I press down on the exact spot. All a child would "see" would be the external processor, and that is easily explainable by telling them it helps them hear.

^Angel^ said:
I don't think she's talking about the surgery itself, but I may be wrong... :Ohno:

Yep, You're correct. ;)

Cheri said:
Not really, They don't even know it had been cut off. ;)

They might won't remember the surgery but they do see that they have something in their head and may possibility ask questions about it. :)

Actually, circumcision does cause differences in future functioning. And won't deaf children "ask questions about [being deaf]"? In which case you have to answer either way ...

neecy said:
I believe (I could be wrong) he's referring to those who liken CI's to genocide.

Without wanting to enter into debate I just wanted to say that Neecy's take was correct. I've seen more than one comment here likening CIs to Hitler. So that sort of environment can make you feel like a black person going to a white supremecists forum for support about racism.

I won't be posting any more comments about this. Just wanted to clarify why I felt close to leaving AD.

R2D2 said:
Without wanting to enter into debate I just wanted to say that Neecy's take was correct. I've seen more than one comment here likening CIs to Hitler. So that sort of environment can make you feel like a black person going to a white supremecists forum for support about racism.

I won't be posting any more comments about this. Just wanted to clarify why I felt close to leaving AD.

Don't leave AD.. There are always different opinions as there are somewhere else.. Just ignore the quotes you feel uncomfortable.. Everyone is different.

:hug:

R2D2 said:

I hope you stay :)

Back