"What is The Meaning or Reason Behind Your Alldeaf name"

Mine is Jan, it is short for Janine, my real name

I choosed "Angel" because it had given me a second chance at life

This is one of my fave "An angel has picked you up and given you another chance, a chance to better yourself, strive to keep the head afloat, cause you came from darkness into the light, cause you say to yourself, Now I believe I can fly "....

NorthStar is the name I chose from the old NHL Minnesota North Stars (now Dallas Stars) and I thought what the heck, a gold and green smirking northstar in the sky... hehe.. some of ya guys know me back then as the mad sharkster aka Sharky... that theme is also from the hockey team San Jose Sharks.. hehe I was a rabid Sharks fan when the team came to the NHL in 1991/92 and I loved the Sharks logo... hehe..

A long time ago when I was first using IRC I needed to think of a nickname to use. The Simpsons was on TV and Homer said "D'oh!" and so I took the nick 'doh' to use. It's been with me for about 1995.

When I first came online years ago and was introduced to the big world of deaf chats and forums I wanted something that was obviously Australian (cos thats where I'm from) and something where people wouldn't assume I was female because the last thing I wanted was blokes trying to pick me up for a date :lol:

So Kangaroo it was and has been ever since.

:)

Karissa Mann is my own favorite deaf character and I graudated two years ago, so i made an user's name, Mann_K05. :)

Norah - my Gran's middle name, my Mom's middle name, my aunt's name and my middle name.

Mine's a bit complicated. I can be very random at times. When I was first signing up for this site, I've experienced difficult times to think of something as my user name. I had help from the outer source. :)

So, I was browsing around with the word J, that is my favorite letter. Then came J'explique, it means let me explain or I explain translated in French. No, I'm not even French. I'm mostly Swedish. I know I can be weird sometimes, but that name seemed interesting enough to be my user name.

:P

I choosed "Angel" because it had given me a second chance at life

This is one of my fave "An angel has picked you up and given you another chance, a chance to better yourself, strive to keep the head afloat, cause you came from darkness into the light, cause you say to yourself, Now I believe I can fly "....

sound like u were in an accident or something???

Norah - my Gran's middle name, my Mom's middle name, my aunt's name and my middle name.

My grandfather Smith's first name is Ray as is my dad and so is my brother though everyone calls him by his middle name and my nephew's middle name is Ray.

However all the Rays in my family all have different middle names as in Ray Emond (not sure if I got the spelling right.) Smith, Ray Huey Smith and Ray Gregory Smith. Everyone calls my brother Greg.

When I first came online years ago and was introduced to the big world of deaf chats and forums I wanted something that was obviously Australian (cos thats where I'm from) and something where people wouldn't assume I was female because the last thing I wanted was blokes trying to pick me up for a date :lol:

So Kangaroo it was and has been ever since.

:)

Too late my evil step mom hehehe even with Kang you ended with the *harem* oh wait a minute that was YOU creating the *harem* of guys.:giggle:

Bear cause I collect Teddy Bears. I have Teddy Bears all over the house, and a very extensive Bear Beanie Baby collection.

Ive always been a Teddy Bear person.

Not to mention according to one of the old DCers the most hugged bear on the net. Hmm wonder who *dubbed* me that name?

Lanee is a derivative of my last name, which is Lane. I've used this screen name since I got my first computer back in 1995.

I choose this nickname cuz I love Calvin and Hobbes comic book

That lil brat boy reminds me cuz I am mischievous like him..(no not like what he does in the comic book) lol

Back