What is the best online matching for the deaf?

my best friend have deaf genes and her sister have the 26 genes too..so yes its heredity..

my best friend have deaf genes and her sister have the 26 genes too..so yes its heredity..

I KNOW there is a Deaf gene but dont understand why he/she thinks there is NO deaf gene *rolling eyes* I know so many Deaf families and even my own doctor said that since my mother had 2 Deaf children out of 4 children is related to Deaf gene - and now my brother has a Deaf daughter. It is clear that the males in our family carry that Deaf gene as I have two hearing daughters.

I KNOW there is a Deaf gene but dont understand why he/she thinks there is NO deaf gene *rolling eyes* I know so many Deaf families and even my own doctor said that since my mother had 2 Deaf children out of 4 children is related to Deaf gene - and now my brother has a Deaf daughter. It is clear that the males in our family carry that Deaf gene as I have two hearing daughters.

me too dnt understand why think there is no deaf genes? my best friend n her sis had their dna tests done at gally and the results are that they both have the 26 genes. i was like cool! now they know why they are deaf .. their mom didnt get sick or anything? the pregnancies both was FINE.. so didnt undy why and how the girls both are deaf till the dna tests now they undy why.. lol :)

i also want to add that my best friend's daughter is deaf.. her sis's son is deaf too.. now both are preggy.. so waiting to see if will be deaf or not?

i asked a biology teacher today, and he said that there are several hearing genes. one of them gets mutated and thats how one becomes deaf. there is no deaf gene. just a mutated hearing gene.

it even says so in that article that kingofnoobs posted. it says that there is a mutation of one gene that makes one deaf

i asked a biology teacher today, and he said that there are several hearing genes. one of them gets mutated and thats how one becomes deaf. there is no deaf gene. just a mutated hearing gene.

That is true...I also asked my biology teacher, but she did warn me that if I had a kiddo, it would be a great possibility because of the genes, that my child could be deaf...that scared me for a while...am over it now!! I consider a child as a blessing!!

Kashveera

i forgot to add that my best friend's husband did have dna test done at gally and he do carry the 26 genes and the result is that he is a carrier and will be able to have deaf baby hence why their daughter is deaf. as for my best friend's sister's husband. he havent had the dna test but obivously baby is deaf so possible that he have the 26 genes. i havent heard back from her yet if her husband do have gene. the female will not carry the gene but the male do carry gene. so obivously it is heredity. cuz their pregancies were fine. nothing wrong .. they didnt get sick or anything like that. so the result is from heredity.

more informations.. Frequently Asked Questions About the Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center

is the human DNA fully understood and figured out? have science figured out every single gene? the last time I stepped a foot in a high school biology class was a couple of years ago and yes science has made so many advances so I'm curious if your biology teacher is a high school teacher or a professor from a college? It does make an difference on how valid your argument is ^_^

is the human DNA fully understood and figured out? have science figured out every single gene? the last time I stepped a foot in a high school biology class was a couple of years ago and yes science has made so many advances so I'm curious if your biology teacher is a high school teacher or a professor from a college? It does make an difference on how valid your argument is ^_^
he is a high school teacher that knows his stuff. now if you want me to get someone who looks up like a million resources just to get the facts then i will cause she is like the Queen of resources and kind prove or disprove anything. but the biology teacher does know his stuff. why else would he be a biology teacher?

I joined tagdeaf.com, pretty cool but theres only like 5 thousand members....and it doesnt say what state or city users are from?

I dont like 'pay for' dating websites, because they put in a lot of fake profiles in there. Paid for websites restrict the number of users willing to register and pay, and that means less users that would actually be dating.

People usually shy away from "dating websites" they'd rather go to places like myspace, bebo, tagdeaf is pretty good, just needs more people.

Tag deaf's browse feature sucks, you cant do a search on a state unless you put in the specific zip code. Site is really really slow too.

It's really annoying how it lists everybody by country, even the ones in the United States, you cant list by state. Maybe this is hindering tagdeaf's success.

Last edited:
There seems to be quite a lot of deaf dating sides in the US but the Brit ones are very limited. I have only had serious hearing loss for 3 years and have worn 2 hearing aids for 2 yrs during which time I have not had one date!! I find it hard to feel confident when I remove them and men react in a "trying not to show a reaction way" which puts me straight off....I would love to meet someone who just understands!!! It's not too much to ask....just need to find a decent Brit Deaf site for dating LOL:bowdown:

Any ideas???? :giggle:

zips x

Hello.........How is everybody doing over here....Im jack Colin im here looking for a true woman that will be the queen of my heart i dont care if she is deaf or not what matter's most if what she is willing to give from the bottom oh her heart

Back