What Inventions Would You Invent For Us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering if she thought Sono was saying that Polish people use irons to cook their sausage. :dunno:

That's exactly what Sono remark imputes, imo.
And for the record I might be Polish by birth but I live in Canada for the last 35 years so I well know what a Polish Kelbasa
and other such names means. (thank you anyway to those who rushed with explanations :ty:)

But "polish slices" combined with this particular picture unfortunately sound suspiciously like the old tired 'polish joke'.
IMO, if Sono indeed had an innocent motivation, then after I complained he would automatically rush with apology
and explanation. because racist jokes hurt, are impolite, and one should apologize for causing hurt even inadvertently.
he didn't, so..

BUT, I want to believe I might have been mistaken so, alright Sono. you meant Kelbasa. OK, and that's the end of it.

Fuzzy

And for the record I might be Polish by birth but I live in Canada for the last 35 years so I well know what a Polish Kelbasa
and other such names means. (thank you anyway to those who rushed with explanations :ty:)

But "polish slices" combined with this particular picture unfortunately sound suspiciously like the old tired 'polish joke'.
IMO, if Sono indeed had an innocent motivation, then after I complained he would automatically rush with apology
and explanation. because racist jokes hurt, are impolite, and one should apologize for causing hurt even inadvertently.
he didn't, so..

BUT, I want to believe I might have been mistaken so, alright Sono. you meant Kelbasa. OK, and that's the end of it.

Fuzzy
For the record it had nothing to do with race. I like Polish sausage and saurkraut, and I commented ( if you go back and re-read it ) that I said yummy polish sausage, I didnt say anything along the line of Polish cooking methods Period. I am sick and tired of everyone branding everything with racism... If I wanted to be racist, Believe me I would have been ( ask anyone here ) and those few who tried to brand me as a racist before they know who they are and they got an earfull before the topic was deleted much like this one will be, AND, those who keep crying racism... WTF is it with you? Get off the computer and go out in the real world, learn something.
No I wouldnt rush to appologize, not for something I didnt do. Thats for you to clarify before you start assuming the worst.
Another is, if you take everything as racism, or whatever... how do you have fun? Jokes have been around for million of years, thats why they call it a joke. A joke is a joke, Bullying is bullying... racism and so on, its all a different ballgame, I sure the hell hope you dont read the joke threads because, theres a lot of that shit thats going to hurt your feelings. Im sorry but thats the Real world.

Fuzzy
Since it appears nobody else felt that way, I think you should have explained your concern better before calling him a racist, etc. What I saw in his post was just a reference to what was being cooked, by a redneck, on the iron.

For the record it had nothing to do with race. I like Polish sausage and saurkraut, and I commented ( if you go back and re-read it ) that I said yummy polish sausage, I didnt say anything along the line of Polish cooking methods Period. I am sick and tired of everyone branding everything with racism... If I wanted to be racist, Believe me I would have been ( ask anyone here ) and those few who tried to brand me as a racist before they know who they are and they got an earfull before the topic was deleted much like this one will be, AND, those who keep crying racism... WTF is it with you? Get off the computer and go out in the real world, learn something.
No I wouldnt rush to appologize, not for something I didnt do. Thats for you to clarify before you start assuming the worst.
Another is, if you take everything as racism, or whatever... how do you have fun? Jokes have been around for million of years, thats why they call it a joke. A joke is a joke, Bullying is bullying... racism and so on, its all a different ballgame, I sure the hell hope you dont read the joke threads because, theres a lot of that shit thats going to hurt your feelings. Im sorry but thats the Real world.

1. If it really wasn't "polish joke", then you shouldn't have had any problems explaining it right away, yet you didn't.
2. oh, but you did something - although okay, let's say unintentionally - you hurt my feelings with your supposedly innocent remark.
a decent person would apologize anyway for unintentionally causing a misunderstanding,
and explained the true meaning behind the whole thing. right away. even a redneck.

Loveblue in his (or her) latest post to me convinced me I indeed might have been mistaken, perhaps you really did mean just
a simple "kielbasa slices", therefore I take back my accusation and apologize for creating this unpleasantness.
Sorry to you Sono, and all.

Fuzzy

1. Didnt need to... nothing to explain.
2. I didnt, you assumed the wrong.
3. Its whatever, itll happen again.... with everyone.
Sorry you took it the wrong way, that was your choice. I did nothing wrong simple s that. So, like the mods have said in the past, if unclear PM that person to clarify... your assumptions will get no where.

I joke and I joke a lot, Im not racist, sexist or whatever XXX-ist y'all got going on in your heads...get rid of it. A joke is a joke simple as that and in this case, wasnt even a joke but a serious innocent comment. If you cant grasps the concept, if you cant take a joke, cant take a little ribbing, then you dont need to be on the internet because its everywhere. AND if you dont like something dont read it, dont comment and make a stink ... People and their Drama Momma.... we all get sensitive on different subjects, but unless its directed at me or you or whoever, quit taking EVERYTHING PERSONAL !!!!! and yes there is quite a few here that thinks everything is about them.

Sono I never said you are a racist I said the joke is racist. you should have been able to see the difference,
so I chalk it up to the heat of the argument, as it often happen people get upset and don't think clearly.

which brings me to another invention - not necessarily for the deaf but for everyone - a sentence clearer ;)
it would be an automatic computer device that would clear up any misunderstanding before it happens,
translating the text or picture into what the OP intended.

for example:

Internet Defuzzier:
- polish slices = sliced polish kielbasa

;) ;) ;)

Fuzzy

Sono I never said you are a racist I said the joke is racist. you should have been able to see the difference,
so I chalk it up to the heat of the argument, as it often happen people get upset and don't think clearly.

which brings me to another invention - not necessarily for the deaf but for everyone - a sentence clearer ;)
it would be an automatic computer device that would clear up any misunderstanding before it happens,
translating the text or picture into what the OP intended.

for example:

Internet Defuzzier:
- polish slices = sliced polish kielbasa

;) ;) ;)

Fuzzy
Youre Joking, right? lol

I thought sono was just replying to the sliced meat that was cooking which looked like it could be Polish sausage. That has nothing to do with Polish people, just like French fries aren't about French people, baked Alaska isn't about Alaskans, and English muffins aren't about Brits. It's just the name of a kind of sausage.

Finally. That was a perfect explanation. The whole butt-hurt by some over "polish sausage" was ridiculous.

So was it a Ferrel Cat, a Domestic Cat.... Im sure all those cats would be offended for being classified as just a Cat.... lol

OMG LOL. I have 4 domestic cats, 2 are short-haired and 2 are long-haired. I will make sure to never call them by anything else (other than their actual names) for fear they will be offended. They probably would just give me the death stare at 3 a.m. and hurk a furball. :)

Back to inventions .. how about a self-operated duster? (Like the self-operated vacuums like the Roomba or Neato which I have 2 of, I love those!) Anyways, so I don't have to dust the house? It just wanders in the air and dusts any surface it detects in its presence. Would be great for those with dust allergies! :)

Back to inventions .. how about a self-operated duster? (Like the self-operated vacuums like the Roomba or Neato which I have 2 of, I love those!) Anyways, so I don't have to dust the house? It just wanders in the air and dusts any surface it detects in its presence. Would be great for those with dust allergies! :)
Actually, dusting is bad for dust allergies - stirring the dust into the air. Which is why I don't dust often.
Sounds like you need a drone with a duster attached. :D

I am half Polish and SHAME ON YOU!!!

I thought it was a funny picture. :)

OMG LOL. I have 4 domestic cats, 2 are short-haired and 2 are long-haired. I will make sure to never call them by anything else (other than their actual names) for fear they will be offended. They probably would just give me the death stare at 3 a.m. and hurk a furball. :)
Well as you know my daughter was a vet tech, so everyone got stuck with cats she "saved" smh.... so my parents have 3, 2 of them are ferrels and mean as hell but warm up to you after youve been around them long enough. KeeKee is a Maine Coon, was the meanest of mean till I kicked her in the ass and she learned whos boss, so now she is tame. BG, she is really skittish and hides all the time but tame. And Louie ( think he has Savanah Cat in him, he is massive ! somehow became my cat? He doesnt like anyone else but comes to me all the time to play ( so I think when I move Im somehow gonna get stuck with him ) Ill try to get pictures.

Well as you know my daughter was a vet tech, so everyone got stuck with cats she "saved" smh.... so my parents have 3, 2 of them are ferrels and mean as hell but warm up to you after youve been around them long enough. KeeKee is a Maine Coon, was the meanest of mean till I kicked her in the ass and she learned whos boss, so now she is tame. BG, she is really skittish and hides all the time but tame. And Louie ( think he has Savanah Cat in him, he is massive ! somehow became my cat? He doesnt like anyone else but comes to me all the time to play ( so I think when I move Im somehow gonna get stuck with him ) Ill try to get pictures.
I love Maine Coon cats they're beautiful , I knew a guy that had one and the cat was really sweet and the guy as SOB ! He wasn't a friend of mine I met him through other people .

Youre Joking, right? lol

You are incredible Sono, really.

You
started something by being unclear, dubious, even you have to admit the choice of your words combined with the picture is ummm..
unfortunate, to say the least.
certainly it has a strong scent of double entendre.
therefore, beyond doubt, you are partly at fault for this, whether unintentionally or not.

While perhaps I was wrong in my suspicion, under circumstances I had every right to be,
so demanding apology from me by you was beyond bad manners.
what is worse, however, is that you didn't stop then, even if I apologized after numerous explanations from other members,
but kept attacking and offending me - all the while I already admitted I was mistaken and apologized.
The top of the cake, however, takes your apparent inability to understand English grammar.
(btw, feel free to find here and quote my sentence where I call you a racist)
Yes, Sono, you don't have to be racist to tell racist jokes. (which, I rush to clarify, did not take place in this thread at all, no)

Fuzzy

I am half Polish and SHAME ON YOU!!!

I thought it was a funny picture. :)

I had asked you a question in other forum yet you never answered me. but here you are too happy to jump in and sling mud at me.
thanks, Shel. :(
Even if I was wrong I was concerned about laughing at expense of us Poles (hurtful Polish jokes)
shame, yeah, Shel!, 50-50 Polish solidarity, eh? Pole to Pole, high five, Shel!

Fuzzy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back