What if......

If all ADers lived in the same housing project, there's sure to be some disagreements.

I'm having a disagreement with you. How shall we settle this? duel? slapping with white glove?

Same how? You mean same buildings, same jobs, same companies?
Aside from the fact that Mr Chicago answered the question directed to ME because I posted the What if... :mad: :ugh: :mad2:

What I meant (and not what Mr Chicago said...) was life in the 1800s stayed the same through to 2014 i.e. farming, clothing, no electronics or cars. Taking days or months instead of hours/days to go somewhere and going overseas was somewhat of a rarity.

Although it would definitely be interesting if there was a mix of 19th century and 21st century-- but for that I can point to the Amish and Mennonite communities.

I'm having a disagreement with you. How shall we settle this? duel? slapping with white glove?

Nope. We'll just let it go, and do something else. Best that way. I don't wanna end up like someone else here did.

What if the cow really did jump over the moon? Twinkle twinkle wasnt a little star and the Three blind mice were really deaf instead?

Al Gore beat you to that.

he didn't invent the internet. internet was born when Al Gore was in college (probably)

Internet was originally called Arpanet which was born in around 1960's by some MIT squint. It's really hard to say who invented internet. It's more of collaboration of nerds.

maybe Tim Berners-Lee is the one. or J.C.R. Licklider. or Robert Taylor. lol

Really, pretty much yeah, nobody invented Internet, just bunch of nerds working together globally, intended for military to begin with, later used for education and medical, lots of changes from 60's to 1992 where there was no TCP/IP. somebody invented Ethernet which involves TCP/IP... Internet Mushroom cloud was first seen in 1992 when IP addresses ran out relatively overnight.

he didn't invent the internet. internet was born when Al Gore was in college (probably)

Internet was originally called Arpanet which was born in around 1960's by some MIT squint. It's really hard to say who invented internet. It's more of collaboration of nerds.

maybe Tim Berners-Lee is the one. or J.C.R. Licklider. or Robert Taylor. lol

Really, pretty much yeah, nobody invented Internet, just bunch of nerds working together globally, intended for military to begin with, later used for education and medical, lots of changes from 60's to 1992 where there was no TCP/IP. somebody invented Ethernet which involves TCP/IP... Internet Mushroom cloud was first seen in 1992 when IP addresses ran out relatively overnight.

actually no. ARPAnet was originally for universities.

ARPAnet = Advanced Research Projects Agency Network but then... it could be argued that Cold War sparkled the creation of ARPAnet :dunno:

Back