What if you find $100 or $1,000 in envelope with her/his name?....

What if you find $100 or $1,000 in envelope with her/his name?, will you give it back? (People thinks it's the right things to do when give it back).

And What would you do if you saw someone drop wallet or things on floor?
(Some people keep it, ohhh...that's not good).

If it was only 1 dollar, I would do my best to give it back. It might be his last. and if it were mine, I would be thrilled to have it returned.... I think it would renew people's faith in other people to see honesty and integrity to return to our messed up greedy planet.. That is not what people are here for. It is not really about what you can get materially in life, , it is about the love that you can enjoy and give in life,,,,,, even if they don't love ya back,,, you can always give it... NO one can stop you from loving... Not no one... It is one of the few things that other people can't stop or take away,,, your ability to give love.. That is when love is a verb.

I'd return it. :)

One time, a customer left $1,000 on the counter at the local video rental store I worked at. I called her and she came back happy that I saved it. :)

That totally rocks. I have been in work situations too, where I held on to something for someone... Even if they didn't deserve it.. :) THANKS VAMPY!

That's entrapment.

True story it is entrapment, but if they are smart enough to test their employees, they are smart enough not to fire you right away and to do it legal... This greedy world can really suck, huh?

I've worked at Disney World and you wouldn't believe how often people forget something valuable. I've turned in 18 purses, 1 wallet, and 4 credit cards abandoned at ATMs. I asked a female coworker why so many purses are left behind, she says one reason may be that women may not have gotten used to their new purses yet. My advice, take an old familiar purse! LOL

I knew I liked you for more than your music. :) that is so cool...

It would be depend on...

What if the wallets have NO ID or anything such as Credit cards or something that has name on it, that was found in PUBLIC such as street or parking lot, etc...how can you return it with no ID?? If I found in stores or restaurant I will return it, OFC. There is a craigslist classifieds: jobs, housing, personals, for sale, services, community, events, forums LOST/FOUND section...sometimes person posted it lost this or that, please return with reward etc etc. I think that helpful...however not many people aware of CL though.

One time I found wallet at Amusement park in the parking lot. There is no money but there is an ID in it...teenager girl. We had to search for right owner thru phone book and found right person. Gave it to her dad and gave me 20 bucks for reward.

If I see $ on the ground with no wallet or anything, I would keep it.

One time I found 100 bucks in grocery store where I used to work and I gave it to my old manager and he kept it in the safe till someone claim it but nope...gave it to me back in 2 months later. I totally forgot about it till manger gave it to me..I was like huh? Oh yea! Lost 100 bucks! Couple of times I found $1, $5.00, $20.00 and not sure if I found more than that.

I found woman's wallet on the floor at clothes store. I give it to Cashier a person. Then return looking at the clothes. I saw the woman was panic and looking to the floor, so I approach her. What s matter she said I lost my wallet, so I said come with me to Cashier, and she was so grateful and hugs me. :eek: heheh :giggle:

You'll like this one....

A hearie friend and I actually FOUND $1000 at the mall. She started to yell and wave it to find the owner til I told her to Shhhhh and we took it to the lost and found. No ID, no Nothing. We didn't even fight over who picked up the money.

To make a long story short, No one claimed the money. So you'd think we would split the money 50-50. NOT!! Her parents wanted all of it. We were going back and forth. It got nasty with our parents that we let it go (we're well off, they not well off anyway) and it was the end of our friendship. We never got mad at each other or anything. It was her parents' greed and she knew it. Who could blame her for having rotten parents?

Years later, I ran into my friend in the weirdest place of all places--a dorm vending area at RIT! She came up to visit a deafie BF! Wooo. YAY. I asked her if she actually got the money. She NEVER got the money either. Her parents took it all. We had a really good evening talking about everything. We never saw each other again due to us growing apart and different lives.

Karma will get those parents if not already.

lot of money in envelope??? I'll keep it. Because it may belong to Mafia or something. That usually.

Otherwise, if it's wallet or purse, return it to the right owner without take something.

I would return it cuz it was never my money in first place.

Once when I was working at Jose's (private club) back in mid 90's. I was watching people and saw a customer take out his money out of his pocket, some of money fell out then my old freind bend over and tried to get the money off floor and put it in his pocket. I walked up to him and said UH UH no give it back to the guy. it is not your money! he said no SSHHH. i said NO give it back.. he gave it back to the guy. The guy said thank you. I said no plm. :roll: at my friend. he is asshole! sheesh!

I have found 25 dollars on floor at my old job once. I asked my boss what do? he said keep it. I was like ok. many times i see 1 dollar, many changes, 5 dollars, 10 dollars. I kept them cuz its tips to us for cleaning floor up. :)

I have found few wallets at my old job before and gave to my boss...I didnt look inside.. i gave to my boss. He look at id and call the person and the person came and got it. so it all work out. :)

Remember the $1000.? Not in an evenlope or anything. Just lay there screamin' GREEN!!! A lot of people walking around!

If it was only 1 dollar, I would do my best to give it back. It might be his last. and if it were mine, I would be thrilled to have it returned.... I think it would renew people's faith in other people to see honesty and integrity to return to our messed up greedy planet.. That is not what people are here for. It is not really about what you can get materially in life, , it is about the love that you can enjoy and give in life,,,,,, even if they don't love ya back,,, you can always give it... NO one can stop you from loving... Not no one... It is one of the few things that other people can't stop or take away,,, your ability to give love.. That is when love is a verb.

hey...sorry...didn't respond to you...yes, it's true...if someone drop $1 on the floor, i'd give it back to her or him.

i like that word you say "love is a verb".

You'll like this one....

A hearie friend and I actually FOUND $1000 at the mall. She started to yell and wave it to find the owner til I told her to Shhhhh and we took it to the lost and found. No ID, no Nothing. We didn't even fight over who picked up the money.

To make a long story short, No one claimed the money. So you'd think we would split the money 50-50. NOT!! Her parents wanted all of it. We were going back and forth. It got nasty with our parents that we let it go (we're well off, they not well off anyway) and it was the end of our friendship. We never got mad at each other or anything. It was her parents' greed and she knew it. Who could blame her for having rotten parents?

Years later, I ran into my friend in the weirdest place of all places--a dorm vending area at RIT! She came up to visit a deafie BF! Wooo. YAY. I asked her if she actually got the money. She NEVER got the money either. Her parents took it all. We had a really good evening talking about everything. We never saw each other again due to us growing apart and different lives.

Karma will get those parents if not already.

Guess what? She found me in Facebook! And lives only 90 mins from my parents' farm. She invited us to come out and go horseback riding! Weird. Mom moved to TN then she moves to TN too. But good to have a friend living near Mom's so we can hang out. Her daughter's same age as my oldest!

Back