What has AllDeaf done for you?

Botti- I'm really liking the picture!!

Botti, I like the photo but I miss your colorful glasses. The animal print glasses are my favorite. :aw:

Botti, I like the photo but I miss your colorful glasses. The animal print glasses are my favorite. :aw:

Thanks. Maybe in fall. For some reason those African animal prints make me feel even hotter. :lol:

Okay, back on the topics.

It is kind of hard to agree to disagree when we discuss or debate especially with hearing people who have no idea what is like to be deaf at all. I like to discuss/debate anything that interest me because I happen to be deaf and had experienced in the oral-only program which I am very upset with in the 1950 and 1960 periods. I had struggled for many years and it was very depressing back then. :(

I noticed that some of the Aders both hearing and CI (hard of hearing) want spoken language and just lipread. Also I learned some things that we have something in common understanding as a Deaf individuals. That is the reason why I feel like a Deaf Cree Militant to fight for my right as a deaf person and a native person. :rockon:

AllDeaf is a very important forum to explain why we are here and not focus on oral-only program. I would rather have Deaf program to accommodate with ASL interpreters and notetakers, even CART if we have to depend on if no interpreters. Lipreading does suck big time. :ugh:

It is so good to be here as a deaf community even if we are different. That is who we are and how important and unique we are. So let's try to have peace. :) :ily:

Okay, back on the topics.

It is kind of hard to agree to disagree when we discuss or debate especially with hearing people who have no idea what is like to be deaf at all. I like to discuss/debate anything that interest me because I happen to be deaf and had experienced in the oral-only program which I am very upset with in the 1950 and 1960 periods. I had struggled for many years and it was very depressing back then. :(

I noticed that some of the Aders both hearing and CI (hard of hearing) want spoken language and just lipread. Also I learned some things that we have something in common understanding as a Deaf individuals. That is the reason why I feel like a Deaf Cree Militant to fight for my right as a deaf person and a native person. :rockon:

AllDeaf is a very important forum to explain why we are here and not focus on oral-only program. I would rather have Deaf program to accommodate with ASL interpreters and notetakers, even CART if we have to depend on if no interpreters. Lipreading does suck big time. :ugh:

It is so good to be here as a deaf community even if we are different. That is who we are and how important and unique we are. So let's try to have peace. :) :ily:

Amen Sistah!!!

just going though this thread for first time,i think it great forum other people from all over world,some deaf many not, young old, and as i dont get much oppitunity to talk to anyone in my town no deaf clubs i get isolated since i left london....just shame the time difference when you want real time chat
i have a local forum in my town but not many are members and most have never set foot out of this town

Back