What has AllDeaf done for you?

Learning about Deaf people and I think I have learnt quite a bit! :D And made some kitteh friends too... meow

I had met good friends from AD and I had learned more about Deaf Culture. But I m older than them. I will meet other AD friends again next month.

I would had not considered moving to a larger deaf centre if it wasn't for this forum. I also called out on people's psychological mindgames much earlier than I would had previously let them run. Plus... Jiro and TheWriteAlex are an awesome pair that cannot be beat.

met many AD friends in real life. learned signing. a better understanding of deaf culture.

I am the opposite here, I got a chance to understand better about those who grew up in a hearing environment and who can speak well yet they seem to feel comfortable by signing and interacting with deaf people more that I never understand before. Of course, I met awesome AD friends in real life.

Great thread, Shel!

It was interesting reading your comments. It made me think and reflect back on the years I have been on this forum. I believe in some ways, listening to your experiences has made me a little bit more active when it comes to deaf related stuff.

Being on AD has broadened my mind in many ways. I get to interact with other members online. I feel glad that I have a place to go to when I have a question for you or hear out your opinions. We all got to be there for each other in our moments of trials and tribulations.

I have made some friends on AD, which I value greatly.

Because of AD, I am going to meet some of you in real life in Las Vegas. I can't hardly wait! :D

Hoping many of us will still be on this forum in years to come. :)

made some online friends; learning in general and more about Deaf culture and am very appreciative of all of the information in threads like Deaf Ed and so on! I am very grateful everyone to share their thoughts and experiences:wave:

MMM, I came here because I need to work on my writing skills and to challenge myself to improve on my critical thinking. Also to see who I am, wow what a shock. Anyway been in old forum before came here. I learned one thing that I pissed so many people off from there and here. Now I know who stand by me and not. And to see if others understand me, which most of them do not. Nothing I can do about that till we still teaching eachothers and newcomers to accept eachother. Unless one day I decide to leave here. One thing I still do not trust some members here, for one I am not sure if they are who they claim to be.

It cause me to have make love with them. Boy or girl.

Then make argue they're wrong and I'm right. Bwhahah!

Well seriously, it's really nice to meet them in person once I knew them :)

Wirelessly posted

Great thread, Shel! :ty: Shel

If it is not for AD, I won't know so much about debates, learning to disagree to agree, with someone, and I wouldn't know so much about CI and oralist deaf people. If it is not for AD, I probably would quit working on my novel, and being artist and writer. I am happy that AD have live updates to keep me being informed. Of course, I am so glad to know about you guys, my dear AD'ers! :ty: for your supportive, help, and so on. I'm forward to hang out with you in person. I enjoy to chat with you guys and you're amazing people. I'm really glad that Puyo showed me about this forum. :aw: Thank you, Zack.

That is all for now. Again, thank you, Shel90, for this thread! :hug::D

Does your son ever plan to post or join on the forums?
It would be pretty neat to see mom and son on the boards.. :cool:

My son comes on once in a while. His user name is Dashanti.

The reason I did not immediately respond to this thread was because I wanted to think it over and make sure I had my bases covered.

First of all, AllDeaf has given me friends I never thought possible. I have gotten to know some of the most genuine people who make me laugh and offer encouragement when I'm down on my luck.

Secondly, AllDeaf has given me understanding that I'm not quite so odd, and even if I were, I have a whole pack of oddballs I fit rather well with! Being deaf/hh doesn't mean I have to be ashamed of it and try to hide it, the way I was raised. Now, I am proud that I am hh and that there are others out there that do understand where I am coming from and I also have the opportunity to share my experiences that may help someone else find their place or at least find someone who understands.

Third, AllDeaf has given me a whole new language to explore, though I am far from fluent, I still find that sometimes it is easier to just converse in ASL where possible when the environment is not conducive to being hh.

I have met one AD.com member and I am forever grateful for the experience. I have also video chatted with one other, I wish we could do that more often, your sense of humor is attractive and I love seeing you smile. You both know who you are. :)

But most importantly AD.com has given me friendships that I hope will last me a lifetime. I hope to be able to make it to an AD.com meet and join in on the fun and make new friends. Thank you AD.com, and I hope AD.com lasts for many years to come!

ADers have given me the courage to go out into my local deaf community and learn ASL. I love that AD is so charmingly eclectic and eccentric. Where else would I fit in? :cool2: :cheers:

let's see.. I had been here for 7 years.. I met probably few Aders and other site that was rivals.. but hell.. I lost alot of friends but I keep believing in myself over many years now... I know who are my true friends who are there for me when I need a friend to talk to ;) you know who u are :P

Vastly improved my writing ability, and gave me more courage to make my disagreement with some peoples attitudes known.

Back