What good thing happened to you today?

A good thing that happened to me today was the pleasure/joy I experienced watching a chipmunk at work. I've had a bonfire going all day and the cutie paid no mind to all of us, he went about digging in the woods for food and bringing it back to his new "home" (that I didn't realize he'd made!) The chipmunk was at it ALL DAY. So cute. Simple, I know, but I like that it made for a good day for me. :)

I bought The Gunslinger (The Dark Tower 1) today for 39 cents!!! Gotta love thrift stores and hmmm I also left the apartment today again yay!!

Yay for free clothes...

Yesterday, my friend's boyfriend's mother gave me 3 bags of brand new clothes from GAP and they're all my size. I'm having so much fun trying them on.

Woke up to another beautiful day...cool and the sun is shining!...But lots to do today....gonna wash all the bedding (3 bedrooms) and make a menu (an easy one) for the boys to follow, for my pending hospital stay...dunno how long yet....will do a lot of cooking and freezing, for a ready to heat supper for them. A friend will come in to check on them off and on....but at ages 20, 17 & 15...they aren't babies...still, I worry about "any secret parties" they may be planning....:eek3:

This neighbor I have been helping went to church with me this morning and brought a friend along as well. We went to Costco afterwards and as much as I told her I did not really need anything (no money to pay for), she would not accept that. She bought for my family, steak, shrimp, pies, and got me some Tabbouleh, Hummus and my Almond milk.

This neighbor I have been helping went to church with me this morning and brought a friend along as well. We went to Costco afterwards and as much as I told her I did not really need anything (no money to pay for), she would not accept that. She bought for my family, steak, shrimp, pies, and got me some Tabbouleh, Hummus and my Almond milk.
When I was a kid, I decided that I would decline someone's generosity twice. If they insisted after the 2nd decline, I'd accept what they were offering me. I still do that today.

Wow, that was very generous of her!!!

I downloaded the Collector's Edition of Secret Codes and Battle Ships by Darren Hayes.

It's an EPIC album, although I can't make out all the words just yet. The music sounds really good.

A good thing that happened to me today was the pleasure/joy I experienced watching a chipmunk at work. I've had a bonfire going all day and the cutie paid no mind to all of us, he went about digging in the woods for food and bringing it back to his new "home" (that I didn't realize he'd made!) The chipmunk was at it ALL DAY. So cute. Simple, I know, but I like that it made for a good day for me. :)

aww i love your post. hehe chipmunk is the most adorable fuzzy face. they hang out in my back yard.. gos chipmunks run pretty fast with their tails up. hehehe

:)found out we did NOT actually miss Terra NOva last night - hubby found it. I was out at dog agility and came home and did our youngest' nails, which takes two people, a sofa cover and a jar of peanut butter.:lol:

:)found out we did NOT actually miss Terra NOva last night - hubby found it. I was out at dog agility and came home and did our youngest' nails, which takes two people, a sofa cover and a jar of peanut butter.:lol:

What is the function of the sofa cover? An extra snack? :lol:

:lol:would be if we left it on there with her, un-attended

but it's for the shmears and globs of p.b that get everywhere- dad's shoe, the floor, the puppy's head, the <covered> couch armrest....

I took Marty for a walk and he meet a cute little white dog to play with! So it was a good day for Marty! And now he chewing on a Busy Bone so he having real good day!

I've been losing weight all summer, and today I got to go buy some smaller clothes! But to "earn" it, I decided that if I wanted new clothes, I had to ride my bike to go shopping.

And... have new clothes! ;)

I've been losing weight all summer, and today I got to go buy some smaller clothes! But to "earn" it, I decided that if I wanted new clothes, I had to ride my bike to go shopping.

And... have new clothes! ;)

If I did that, I would be pedaling at least 30 miles. :shock:

I live in a metro area - so the ride was closer to 10.

But it was windy!

Back