What does this t shirt mean?

the signs say eat shit and die. I looked em' up. I know shit from outside resources, and eat and die are pretty easy to look up.

Yup I agree the signs are eat shit and die.

the signs say eat shit and die. I looked em' up. I know shit from outside resources, and eat and die are pretty easy to look up.

Yup I agree the signs are eat shit and die.
hmmm.. I wonder if this is intentional or accidental by the maker of the shirt. Perhaps its designed for deafies to wear and directed at audist or ignorant people. Or some deafie is playing a joke on the maker of the shirt. :dunno:

hmmm.. I wonder if this is intentional or accidental by the maker of the shirt. Perhaps its designed for deafies to wear and directed at audist or ignorant people. Or some deafie is playing a joke on the maker of the shirt. :dunno:

I dont think the woman is that stupid - It probably intentional and directed at deaf people because one of her designs has the ASL of "Deaf not dumb". I would wear this at a place where I had alot of deaf friends that had a sense of humor. I think its meant to be that way.

Thanks Dixie. I went and checked out some of the other shirts and I see what your saying. To me it seems like Deaf Pride stuff but with a sense of humor.

Yep, That is Eat Shit and Die.

I took a look around, not a prude or anything, but sheesh! what potty shirts.

Yep..agree with everyone here...Eat shit and die...like sarcastic way.

I've heard that it's a common cruel trick in many languages.

I will say I've heard about it much more frequently in the deaf community but mostly as kind of a goof or type of initiation rite rather than mean-spirited. (According to the people it happened to; never happened to me.)

Just FYI: the designer is a married mom, graphic designer, from Michigan, with this lovely side line business. :roll:

Huh. And that's why, children, we should never judge a book by its cover. :eek3:

EDIT: I like the "VOTE" one though.

I did message the lady and she told me that, yes, it means eat shit and die and that she did her best to draw the signs.

Thanks for all your guys help, ha ha I feel so stupid for asking now.

This is basically one of those T-shirts intended for two different groups. It's telling those who know sign language to "eat shit and die" and those who can read to "have a nice day".

It's like the other shirt I saw... "There are 10 types of people in the world... the ones that know binary and the ones that don't." Those who know binary will understand the shirt. Those who don't won't understand the shirt.

This is basically one of those T-shirts intended for two different groups. It's telling those who know sign language to "eat shit and die" and those who can read to "have a nice day".

I totally took it a different way. I thought it was a joke among deaf people and signers. The fact that their shirt implies that this is how you sign "have a nice day" but REALLY says "eat shit and die" is a joke only signers would get. I think the joke is on the hearing/non-signers.

I totally took it a different way. I thought it was a joke among deaf people and signers. The fact that their shirt implies that this is how you sign "have a nice day" but REALLY says "eat shit and die" is a joke only signers would get. I think the joke is on the hearing/non-signers.

Yes I agree with you. After looking at a bunch of the shirts/mugs/clocks you can tell it's a joke on hearing folks. It is more of a "if you knew ASL you'd know I was being sarcastic" kind of shirt. I'm hearing and I totally see the humor of it!! I thought the woman's tank top that had finger speling B O O B S was hysterical. Then again, I've always had a weird sense of humor.

Ahhh...first time around...just seeing the 'words': 'Have a nice day', and not bothering to check the signs closely got me to think it was the wrong shirt, but now seeing it more closely...now one can tell that the joke's indeed on those who don't really know sign-language. Obviously, not a shirt I would give to my mom! :lol:

:D
~RR

The t-shirt means someone has a zany way of playing with sign language.

Richard

**nodding agreement**

A number of "hits" to my shop originating from this site showed up in StatCounter so I had to take a look. Please believe me when I say that no offense was meant toward deaf people by my rude and crude designs. It is simply offensive humor targeted toward the audience that understands fingerspelling and ASL. I'm afraid I didn't get the hands/movement quite right in my depiction, but as it was only intended as humor and not instructional, I thought it would be good enough. It was taught to me by a family member who does some work as an interpreter and took three semesters of ASL in college.

As it stands, it is a top seller. :) If anyone has any t-shirt ideas for me, I'd be willing to entertain them. All of my designs are not for everyone, but there is something for everyone if you look long enough... I have plenty of non-offensive designs. My kids even have their own shop with kid-friendly stuff. I also have a separate shop that 100% of profit is donated to charity. I'm not a horrible person, I just have a warped mind. :cool:

Thanks for the feedback ... and the "hits" to the website! ;)

Im sorry.....I thinks it is funny shirt. Yes that is my personality. Sometimes sarcastic, teasing and unintentionally rude at times. :giggle: Love reading everything on this post. Don't know why but still laughing......just weird, I know. :laugh2:

Back