What does this t shirt mean?

nowits_done

Reaction score
Shirt in question

I mean I recognize, eat and I think the last part is die, and I'm going to take a wild guess say I know what the middle sign stands for.

But I've never see die or shit signed that way and was wondering if I'm right in my interpretation.

Thanks in advance and sorry if this offends anyone but I cannot find out if I'm right and it's bugging me.

I can understand "Eat shit..." But I can't understand the last sign. Maybe it's hamburger or again? "Eat shit burger." Or "Eat shit again." Dunno.

(note: it's not off topic) I can't see on it, because my computer doesn't have a wonderful resolution on my tube computer. Darn it!

Guido - Oh, great. Thanks, so now I able to read from my computer because you told me about it. ;) Anyways, that is rude. It's not seem right for
naive to learn the ASL, that would be wrong! That would be
jeopardize for ASL students that doesn't know about these words
from this shirt. :rl:

That's so weird, I have never seen die that way, only with flat hands and flipping, like rolling over in your grave never that.

Ha ha although I do like the concept because when ever I'm having a conversation with some one in sign people are always like, "how do you sign deaf chicks are hot?" "I like pussy" "Your mom's fat." etc etc. and it gets quite annoying.

One time instead of signing "Deaf chicks are hot" I taught a boys to say, "I have a small penis, forgive me."

:D

Thanks for your feedback!

The first two signs were easy but I must not be visualizing that last one correctly. I'm not sure what movement is indicated. Can it be "ALL" or "HOW"? Sideways "COMPARE"? Partial "HAMBURGER". Doesn't look like "DIE".

I tried duplicating that last sign but nothing looked exactly like the picture.

I looked in The American Sign Language Handshape Dictionary, and nothing matched there either.

:dunno:

It's definitely "die." It's not the greatest diagram but you don't really have you hands exactly flat when you sign it (maybe just not THAT curved).

Also, that's the expression. "Eat shit and die."

I also wasn't crazy that he's using that expression to mean "have a nice day" but when I looked at his other shirts I saw that they're mostly pretty explicit, so one could probably figure out that he isn't going to suddenly have a nice shirt among them.

Ha ha although I do like the concept because when ever I'm having a conversation with some one in sign people are always like, "how do you sign deaf chicks are hot?" "I like pussy" "Your mom's fat." etc etc. and it gets quite annoying.

One time instead of signing "Deaf chicks are hot" I taught a boys to say, "I have a small penis, forgive me."

Normally I have a pet peeve against people fluent in a language who teach other people the wrong way to say something (in any language, not just ASL)...but my BIGGER pet peeve is people who only want to know how the "juicy stuff" in ASL like cursing, drugs, sex, etc. I've had way more people ask me how to sign LESBIAN or PENIS than how to sign "have a nice day" or "nice to meet you."

Hmm, now that I'm not an interpreter anymore maybe I'll sign something "special" for the next person who asks me how to sign "cunnilingus." Evil but tempting.

Yes, I agree, if they were asking genuine questions I would be more than happy to help them, but now if they just want to go around screaming profanities no, I'm not going to teach them how to say that.

Normally I have a pet peeve against people fluent in a language who teach other people the wrong way to say something (in any language, not just ASL)...but my BIGGER pet peeve is people who only want to know how the "juicy stuff" in ASL like cursing, drugs, sex, etc. I've had way more people ask me how to sign LESBIAN or PENIS than how to sign "have a nice day" or "nice to meet you."

Hmm, now that I'm not an interpreter anymore maybe I'll sign something "special" for the next person who asks me how to sign "cunnilingus." Evil but tempting.

I agree with you. If I was in their shoes I wouldn't want someone to trick me in different language (if you are a good friend with someone or that person know enough sign language to get by then I guess it's okay). Some people won't take kindly to as what I said so we got to be careful of what we are teaching to other person.

One of most common question they asked me when they wanted to say something in sign language is "Hello." Lol. Yeah, I think some of them feel little foolish for asking this but it's not their fault for not being aware that sign to be same as America's gesture for hello.

It's definitely "die." It's not the greatest diagram but you don't really have you hands exactly flat when you sign it (maybe just not THAT curved).
That's what threw me. The hands looked like bent B's, which didn't make sense for "DIE". Also, their fingertip orientation was wrong. I guess I'm too picky about the diagram, heh, heh.

Also, that's the expression. "Eat shit and die."
OIC. I wasn't familiar with that expression; now it makes sense (in a weird way). :lol:

I also wasn't crazy that he's using that expression to mean "have a nice day" but when I looked at his other shirts I saw that they're mostly pretty explicit, so one could probably figure out that he isn't going to suddenly have a nice shirt among them.
Just FYI: the designer is a married mom, graphic designer, from Michigan, with this lovely side line business. :roll:

I agree with you. If I was in their shoes I wouldn't want someone to trick me in different language ....
I've heard that it's a common cruel trick in many languages. I read that one needs to be especially careful about getting tatoos that use Asian characters. That could be a permanent embarrassing mistake! At least you can easily get rid of a stupid t-shirt.

That's so weird, I have never seen die that way, only with flat hands and flipping, like rolling over in your grave never that.

:D

Thanks for your feedback!
Yeah, I've only seen die the way you describe it. But since "Eat shit and die!" is a common English expression, I'd say that is what the sign is supposed to be, too. LOL on what you taught the boys to sign!

HA.. they think it says have a nice day. I wonder if the makers of the shirt actually know what those signs mean.

Likewise, I checked out the link and as of now, it does say: "Have a nice day"....ooookkkk...guess that's a whole lot better than what the previous shirt in question was showing! :lol: Obviously, the link itself has been refreshed and another 'shirt' is now showing instead of the one in which this thread was referring to. Therefore, I missed out on what it was showing...oh well--anyhow, 'have a nice day!!' :D

~RR

It says have a nice day but enlarge the picture and look at what the signs are. I think the signs say eat shit and die even though the words say have a nice day. Check again and let me know what you think.

Back